Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

crap-dp.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:12 AM
Absolute Fan

Casting aside the character being a "Big Bad", what OUaT has done with its version of Pan is no different, fundamentally, than what the movie Hook did with its version of the character, which leads me back to what I said about there being this puzzling perception that Adam and Eddy have to give us versions of characters that are true/identical to the 'traditional' versions of said characters even though there's not a single character in the show who is true/identical to his or her 'traditional' story counterpart.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 11-24-2013, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

Source

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 11-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Cool artwork baelfire24
Old 11-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
Casting aside the character being a "Big Bad", what OUaT has done with its version of Pan is no different, fundamentally, than what the movie Hook did with its version of the character, which leads me back to what I said about there being this puzzling perception that Adam and Eddy have to give us versions of characters that are true/identical to the 'traditional' versions of said characters even though there's not a single character in the show who is true/identical to his or her 'traditional' story counterpart.
No, not necessarily. Snow White and Charming are perfect, since he has no backstory and we didn't know how she was before she found the dwarves. Belle is the same, she just fell in love with Rumple. I've never been thrilled about putting him in so many stories, but her character is the same. Gipetto(sp?) is the same and they only changed August by so much.

They also did a great job with Archie and Granny and Ruby are faithful because they're using "Snow White and Red Rose" as one of their sources.

People are pissed off about Peter because even if Rumplestiltskin has gotten changed by a lot, his character hasn't been warped as far as his personality.

I don't think Hook was off-base. None of us knew what his life was like before Neverland and the only part that annoyed me was that Rumple was the crocodile. Even then, it didn't ruin Hook's characterization.

I loved their version of Peter until they made him an adult. Peter can be dark based on various interpretations, but the key portion was him being a child when he got to Neverland.

The writer's aren't perfect, you know. Everyone criticized the Cinderella thing, Whale left zoo after they figured out who he was and even Henry got confused and said that he's not in the book.

They made a lot of mistakes on Lost and people were pissed. The majority of the viewers still loved the show, but the series finale created a gigantic division between the fanbase.

Haven't you read any reviews? They've gotten grief for making the same mistakes a good few times by the media. If they know that they pissed off their fans and critics, then I don't see why we should be in love with them or president of their fan club.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My comment last night didn't go through FanForum is running super slow, and all these DP's are really irritating.

Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 12-03-2013, 06:16 AM
Master Fan

love the art
Old 12-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 12-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

This Christmas and Holiday season do something wonderful and help in the fight against childhood cancer by seeing the movie Ways To Live Forever staring Robbie Kay from Once Upon A Time.

The film Ways to Live Forever opens this Friday December 6th in Atlanta, Denver, & Indiana. A part of the films ticket proceeds is going towards childhood cancer research charities.

tickets and more information can be found on the films website

Home

You can meet Robbie Kay at a special charity event screening for the film Ways To Live Forever this December 10th in Huston Texas.

Quote:
If you're in the Houston area on December 10, you won't want to miss Robbie Kay at a special screening benefitting The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Robbie will be in attendance for a Q&A session at the conclusion of the screening.

Get your tickets now:

Ways To Live Forever Screening Tickets, Houston - Eventbrite
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

That's a shame-Hopefully it comes on DVD. I would have easily watched it, but I'm on the East Coast.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 12-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Extreme Fan

I think Peter Pan's number one weakness is that he thinks he can never be defeated but he underestimates the forces of good. I think his second biggest weakness is he underestimates the price of magic.

What do you guys think are his biggest weaknesses?.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclemes (View Post)
I think Peter Pan's number one weakness is that he thinks he can never be defeated but he underestimates the forces of good. I think his second biggest weakness is he underestimates the price of magic.

What do you guys think are his biggest weaknesses?.
Aside from what you just said? He underestimates Regina. She's frightening and she won't hesitate to kill him if need be.

Ever since he wound up once being an adult, I think his weakness is being a dumbass. He wanted to be young again, but he chose to be a teenager? As opposed to someone in their 20's? Unless he's 18, I don't see why he thought it was necessary.

He also contradicts himself. He says that he was never meant to be a father, but when he talked to Snow, Emma and Regina, he brought up not having to lose his son. Also, he got defeated by Regina and even the spell protected Henry's heart, but he still thinks that he can win and go unnoticed.

What the hell is his game plan at this point? He's an eleven year old now, which means that he'll be watched like a hawk.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Aside from what you just said? He underestimates Regina. She's frightening and she won't hesitate to kill him if need be.

Ever since he wound up once being an adult, I think his weakness is being a dumbass. He wanted to be young again, but he chose to be a teenager? As opposed to someone in their 20's? Unless he's 18, I don't see why he thought it was necessary.

He also contradicts himself. He says that he was never meant to be a father, but when he talked to Snow, Emma and Regina, he brought up not having to lose his son. Also, he got defeated by Regina and even the spell protected Henry's heart, but he still thinks that he can win and go unnoticed.

What the hell is his game plan at this point? He's an eleven year old now, which means that he'll be watched like a hawk.
I think his game plan is to pretend he is Henry and spread rumors to turn people against eachother.
Then he might cast a curse to make everyone obey him. Thats one way they could write it.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclemes (View Post)
I think his game plan is to pretend he is Henry and spread rumors to turn people against eachother.
Then he might cast a curse to make everyone obey him. Thats one way they could write it.
I may actually forgive the writers if that's what they plan to do. I just want him to stop being a mustache-twirling villain.