Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I wonder what the connection is to Pan and the 2 old sisters..or am I thinking too much into this

Old 11-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Extreme Fan

I think if Peter does decide to turn good he's going to need Archie even more than Regina needs Archie.
Iam hoping for Archies role to get bigger if they turn Peter good.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
Yeah, that's my main problem too It completely changed the purpose of Peter Pan and I don't recognize him (the original character) either and that's the reason why I don't like it...
Not to mention that if Rumple's father ever come back, Peter Pan disappears in the process for ever

Haha, yeah, I totally agree about Robbie being amazing! I kind of like him better than Joffrey though, since for some reason I can't stand Joffrey and just want to slap his face every time he's on
That's because Joffrey is an inbred, would be rapist. They can't make Peter that dark b/c this is a network show.

Him having a love interest makes me laugh. Who the hell would want to be with someone that psychotic? It's like expecting Voldemort to have a wife aside from Nagini.

I seriously stand by my statement on Peter. He's a network Joffrey, he has no sexuality and until now, I really did think they made him like this as a metaphor of "Peter Pan Syndrome".

Now? He looks like Ted Bundy, Paul Fernando and every other famous, creepy nutcase. Peter could have easily beaten Wendy, but ABC won't let it get worse than that.

I don't get why they had no happy middle ground. He didn't need to have a sob story, but planning your great-grandson's murder? Trapping your own child in a box? WTF?!

Tbh, he's starting to remind me of the demon in Paranormal Activity. Death to anyone who won't give up their infant son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
I admit, I'm imagining a completely different Malcolm than the one in the show just to match them up. This Malcolm pretended to be an incompetent con artist and coward while really making a living doing much creepier things, like selling children to people like the blind witch (OK, I read Stephen King's story "Popsy," except this Malcolm would have been ready for a vampire).

So, he may not have checked what the weird sisters' (sorry, Macbeth joke, but I don't know what else to call them) interest in Rumple was when he gave him to them.

And, he thought Rumple would have to die when he gave him to the shadow.

Yeah, I know I'm doing violence to the character as portrayed in the show, but my brain doesn't hurt as much as it did trying to reconcile the two.

So am I-I'm attempting to somehow make a Peter that doesn't make me want to vomit. What I don't get is why Peter is so smart and cold when Malcolm did have some affection for his son. idgaf if Tiger Lily shows up anymore, unless it's a secret weapon to kill Peter.

I've done the same damn thing in my head, because it made my skin crawl.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Extreme Fan

I wonder if in the end Peter is paired romantically to an adult or a child.
I guess it depends if they want to keep him as a child or turn him back into and adult.
So I got a question for all of you guys how do you guys want it written?

My answers are I think because there is no hope for him and Wendy they will make him an adult and pair him with Maleficent. That is if she's still alive.

Last edited by mcclemes; 11-20-2013 at 05:57 PM
Old 11-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

If he goes back to being an adult, maybe he and Granny can hook up.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Old 11-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Absolute Fan

This might get me some flack, but I'm starting to get the feeling that the only reason Adam and Eddy aren't getting praise for their decision to give this show its first true "Big Bad" is that they took a character who's traditionally been portrayed as heroic and 'flipped the script', as it were, but I personally think it was brilliant. I love the show's villainous take on Peter Pan (especially with the revelations provided by this past week's episode).

There also seems to be this desire/expectation among the fans that Adam and Eddy are beholden to giving us straight-up translations of the characters/stories they utilize despite the fact that they haven't done so to date with any of the characters they've used.

The things they've done with the Peter Pan character are, in the end, no different or drastic than the things they've done with other characters, and yet I don't see a whole lot of complaining going on with regards to the ways they've 'twisted' said other characters.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 11-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
This might get me some flack, but I'm starting to get the feeling that the only reason Adam and Eddy aren't getting praise for their decision to give this show its first true "Big Bad" is that they took a character who's traditionally been portrayed as heroic and 'flipped the script', as it were, but I personally think it was brilliant. I love the show's villainous take on Peter Pan (especially with the revelations provided by this past week's episode).

There also seems to be this desire/expectation among the fans that Adam and Eddy are beholden to giving us straight-up translations of the characters/stories they utilize despite the fact that they haven't done so to date with any of the characters they've used.

The things they've done with the Peter Pan character are, in the end, no different or drastic than the things they've done with other characters, and yet I don't see a whole lot of complaining going on with regards to the ways they've 'twisted' said other characters.
Agree.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 11-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Absolute Fan

❝let's play❞
Old 11-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenarrow06 (View Post)
Impressive artwork

Last edited by Jiorjiina; 11-21-2013 at 05:23 AM
Old 11-21-2013, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:

Agreed , I think it's a great twist

Old 11-21-2013, 06:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
That's because Joffrey is an inbred, would be rapist. They can't make Peter that dark b/c this is a network show.

Him having a love interest makes me laugh. Who the hell would want to be with someone that psychotic? It's like expecting Voldemort to have a wife aside from Nagini.

I seriously stand by my statement on Peter. He's a network Joffrey, he has no sexuality and until now, I really did think they made him like this as a metaphor of "Peter Pan Syndrome".

Now? He looks like Ted Bundy, Paul Fernando and every other famous, creepy nutcase. Peter could have easily beaten Wendy, but ABC won't let it get worse than that.

I don't get why they had no happy middle ground. He didn't need to have a sob story, but planning your great-grandson's murder? Trapping your own child in a box? WTF?!
Yeah, I guess so too

I actually wanted him to have a relationship with Wendy before we learned how he was using her, and before we learned he isn't really Peter Pan... Well not the one we know usually (he's not a kid at all...)

I definitely agree that he has no sexuality He must have had some though since he got Rumple ^^

I know right That feels like so horrible things to do... It's hard to imagine he's human and even harder to imagine he's anyone's father, at least for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Tbh, he's starting to remind me of the demon in Paranormal Activity. Death to anyone who won't give up their infant son.
I only watched the first movie, creeped me out totally I didn't know that was the reason the poor woman in the first movie turned into the demon. Peter definitely feels like a demon now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenarrow06 (View Post)
Lovely art, though, totally not true on OUAT since "Peter Pan" was Malcolm first and he definitely had already grown up

Quote:

I don't know about that, I loved the idea of Peter being the "Big bad" since the beginning, so this did not bother me at all

The only thing bothering me is that he's not Peter Pan at all anymore now, he's lost all the traits of the characters that made him compelling (IMO). He's an adult, not a child.

I doubt anyone wants straight up translations from the characters/stories utilized but I think people just don't like when characters are changed so drastically that you wouldn't even recognize them except because they have the same name.
Some characters have been preserved, such as Ariel...

Well, you don't look into the right places because I've seen complaints about the show and some of its twists...
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 11-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

You see I see him as Peter Pan even with the Malcolm aspect, Peter Pan changed into Malcolm in FTL, not Malcolm turned into Peter Pan, he was always Peter to me..never Malcolm

Old 11-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
You see I see him as Peter Pan even with the Malcolm aspect, Peter Pan changed into Malcolm in FTL, not Malcolm turned into Peter Pan, he was always Peter to me..never Malcolm
I wish I could see him this way too I can't though, everytime I think of OUAT's Peter Pan now Rumple's father head turning into him would pop out in my head
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 11-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)

She'd handle him, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
Yeah, I guess so too

I actually wanted him to have a relationship with Wendy before we learned how he was using her, and before we learned he isn't really Peter Pan... Well not the one we know usually (he's not a kid at all...)

I definitely agree that he has no sexuality He must have had some though since he got Rumple ^^

I think it got lost when he turned into Pan. Malcolm probably had the chance to score with tavern wenches a plenty.

I love the idea of Peter being evil, it's the fact that he's plotted to kill his family for years and expected his son to be happy about them having their mistakes in common.

Quote:
I know right That feels like so horrible things to do... It's hard to imagine he's human and even harder to imagine he's anyone's father, at least for me
It is and it ruined what was a perfectly interesting twist. Peter never wanted to grow up, not grow up to be an adult drunk, then get young and shrug about his kid's objections to the shadow and everything else.

I can't even buy him giving a crap about the Lost Boys or any child he "saves".

Quote:
I only watched the first movie, creeped me out totally I didn't know that was the reason the poor woman in the first movie turned into the demon. Peter definitely feels like a demon now!
Yeah, the demon had been chasing her family since she was a child. It was supposed to go after her sister, but they did a spell. See, their grandmother was in a cult and the demon was the little sister's imaginary friend. It killed her mother and stepfather and expected the girl to "marry" him. She had to give him and the others her son.

The son grew up after Katie kidnapped him and killed her sister. Paranormal Activity 4 was full of fail in the trailer itself, but it did explain that they keep taking male children.

Peter is the personification of this right now, which is what pisses me off. He's just like the demon/granny and doesn't care if he hurts or kills family, so long as the boy he planned for is available and intact.

Had they kept it the way it was before,I would have been fine. Peter once being an adult is and now he's not Peter anymore. I don't care which version it is, Peter has always come to Neverland as a kid.

Why couldn't he be Rumple's brother?

Quote:
Lovely art, though, totally not true on OUAT since "Peter Pan" was Malcolm first and he definitely had already grown up
The only thing bothering me is that he's not Peter Pan at all anymore now, he's lost all the traits of the characters that made him compelling (IMO). He's an adult, not a child.

I doubt anyone wants straight up translations from the characters/stories utilized but I think people just don't like when characters are changed so drastically that you wouldn't even recognize them except because they have the same name.
Some characters have been preserved, such as Ariel...

Well, you don't look into the right places because I've seen complaints about the show and some of its twists...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

This. It ruined him being a bad guy for me and they went too far. Even Cora wasn't this bad. She'd never kill her child or bloodline because that's insane.

Regina did kill her father, but killing your child is abhorrent.

I Ariel and I'm glad they picked Joanna Garcia.

I've heard millions of complaints and I'd never be "that" fan. Every show has its flaws and you can't pretend that it doesn't. I was a die-hard Buffy fan, I'm still obsessed with Final Fantasy and I can never get sick of LOST, Harry Potter and White Collar.

They still have their flaws and they're easy to spot. S7 of Buffy was god-awful and really hard to watch, the Final Fantasy movie was terrible, a good few of the arcs on Lost sucked and the finale was mixed. HP goes without saying and White Collar this season is a little iffy.

Speaking or Ariel, it's the exact reverse in this case. The original story was called Ondine and she was creepy as hell. When it became a Grimm fairytale, it was depressing. She just melted into foam and let Eric marry someone else.

I'll take the Disney version any day and OUAT's Ariel is a happy medium. It had the depressing part, but it also had the second chance happy ending.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 11-21-2013 at 06:40 PM