Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2018, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

Leaving Storybrooke {7.22} ✫ Episode Discussion

Leaving Storybrooke {7.22} Episode Discussion

Once Upon a Time: Friday, May 18th on ABC

THE FINAL BATTLE IS WAGED BETWEEN OUR MOST BELOVED FAIRY TALE CHARACTERS AND THE ULTIMATE VILLAIN, ON THE SERIES FINALE OF ABC’S ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’

“Leaving Storybrooke” – Wish Rumple’s evil plan is revealed and Regina realizes the only hope to stop him is by turning Wish Henry from his path for vengeance. Meanwhile, Tilly and Margot try to get help in Storybrooke. With his hope of ever being reunited with Belle fading, Weaver struggles to find a way to defeat his evil alter ego; and when Rogers’ life is threatened, he is faced with the ultimate sacrifice, on the series finale of “Once Upon a Time,” FRIDAY, MAY 18 (8:00–9:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Lana Parrilla as Regina/Roni, Robert Carlyle as Rumpelstiltskin/Weaver, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook/Rogers, Andrew J. West as Henry Mills, Dania Ramirez as Cinderella/Jacinda, Alison Fernandez as Lucy and Mekia Cox as Sabine/Tiana.

Guest starring in this episode are Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming, Jared Gilmore as Young Henry, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Rebecca Mader as Zelena, Sean Maguire as Robin Hood, Tony Amendola as Marco, David Anders as Dr. Whale, Lee Arenberg as Leroy, Jack Davies as Pinocchio, Faustino Di Bauda as Sleep, Beverley Elliott as Granny, Gabe Khouth as Sneezy, Rose Reynolds as Alice/Tilly, Tiera Skovbye as Robin/Margot and Keegan Connor Tracy as Blue Fairy.

“Leaving Storybrooke” was written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz, and directed by Ralph Hemecker

Facebook: @OnceABC
Twitter: @OnceABC
Instagram: @onceabcofficial
Hashtag: #OnceUponATime

— ABC —

ABC

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • You may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when posting a critical comment.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Respect each other's ships.

• Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 05-18-2018, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

It's the end of an era tonight. Kind of bittersweet. I loved this past season.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

Hoping for a beautiful ending.

Yes, the show had problems over the years but in concentrating on just the good, there is an awful lot to love about this show and I will miss it.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Goodbye to this beautiful show. They did some things I didn't like but overall I really enjoyed it and I'll think of it dearly, it gave me moments of joy and beautiful OTPs
Old 05-18-2018, 06:28 PM
Loyal Fan

I refuse to ask the question if this happened "in the past", why nobody remembered it.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

It was beautiful. I enjoyed it. I shed some tears there. Rumple's sacrifice for Hook was one of the best moments in the show. Glad he got a happy ending. I was expecting to see Gideon somewhere around.

I was hoping to see Snow and Charming a little more

I thought Zelena would be with Chad. Not that he was missed or anything

Emma and Hook with the baby. So gorgeous

The only thing I didn't entirely like was the second Henry sticking around the whole episode

Anyway. It was a fantastic series finale. I'm sad and happy about it! I'll be rewatching the whole serie as soon as I'm done with finals :')
Old 05-19-2018, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved it!

I was left a bit confused as how can Zelena and Robin journey later on to EF2 if the realms of story are all together?

I was also confused how Wish Rumple took away Rumple's power and immortality, that really needed some explanation!

Still plot holes aside, I enjoyed the heart in the episode. I loved Rumple saying Hook was the nearest thing he had to a friend.

I loved all the Knight Rook scenes, it was awesome they finally got a hug!

Rumple's sacrifice was surprising. I'd guessed already that he would need to sacrifice himself in some way, but I never thought he would give Hook his heart! I never would have expected that, when watching their first scenes in season 2! It did feel like a full circle moment for them, though.

Why did the hook turn up in the crystal ball?

Not much for Ella, Lucy, Tiana and Naveen in this episode.

I didn't realise how much I'd missed seeing Hook and Emma until I saw them again. Their stuff was short but sweet. A daughter called Hope is just perfect!

The OQ scene was perfect. Nice to see Robin is still helping Regina from the afterlife.

I expected Snowing to be in the episode more, but I guess they only had so much time available. It was perfect that Regina won over Wish Henry. I did think seeing his grandparents might help, but I think it was her task to convince him.

I loved all the Alice and Robin stuff. Asking permission for marriage too! It was funny how they weren't believed in Storybrooke. It did occur to me last episode it would be a story that was hard to swallow!

I saw Smee in that last scene!

I had a little bit of a cry at the Leaving Storybrooke sign. It was perfect way to say goodbye.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:34 AM
Master Fan

Its' hard to believe it's over.

I thought there was alot to love about the episode.

For me of course the best thing was Rumple's sacrifice and being reuinted forever with Belle.

I think Beauty was hands down one of the best episodes of the series and this episode brought it full circle.

Loved Hook and Rogers. How seet and ironic that he was his best friend.
\
Even thought I have never been a fan of Rumple and Regina's quasi-friendship I cried when she was holding his head and telling him to find his happy ending. Just beautiful and Lana was fabulous.

I don't really like this whole bringing the realms together and that they are all now living together in Maine. Most of the characters have doubles walking around town? And the timeline is so ridiculous I can't even think about it, lol.

I thought Zelena was pointless. Loved the short Robin/Regina reunion. However, does this mean EQ and Robin are back in SB? And there are two Henry's of different ages? That whole concept is bizarre.

But I did love the ending with the trip around town and the Leaving SB sign. I think if they had brought some of these characters back earlier (depending on actors availability) and Wish Rumple were the main villain this half or even this year it would not have felt so rushed.

Loved seeing the Charmings again. And Snow's speech was just her. And beautiful and hopeful.

I felt like Emma's cameo was very rushed at the end too. Of course they only had the actors for a brief time so I understand.

But all in all it was a fitting end. It's one of the few series that I want to go back and watch every now and then. They were a fabulous cast and wonderful people and I'll miss them.

Last edited by Belleislove; 05-19-2018 at 04:10 AM
Old 05-19-2018, 09:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Even thought I have never been a fan of Rumple and Regina's quasi-friendship I cried when she was holding his head and telling him to find his happy ending. Just beautiful and Lana was fabulous.

This was my favorite moment in the finale. Very emotional moment between the pair who really started it all.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
This was my favorite moment in the finale. Very emotional moment between the pair who really started it all.
Yes. Very moving and powerful. Loved it.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought the episode was better than the S6 finale but that wasn't much to compare it to.

Some nice moments ... a ton of plot holes and things that don't make sense but the overall message was nice.

The show declined in quality over the last several years so this was kind of dragging across the finish line instead of going out with a bang but it's a trade that usually has to get made when shows extend their runs.

Overall, I have a lot of fondness for the show. They told some great stories. I think this episode had as much epicness as they could muster and it was a nice ending.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Goodbye to one amazing show that tought us of hope,love and forgiveness.I will miss this show deeply because as many of you for me it's an era and made me stronger.I have to admit this is the finalle i always wanted.Everybody together in one place.Finally they lived happily ever after...I will admit i cried at least 8 times on the episode.What Adam/Eddy did was amazing and in honor of every season and everything they did.Let's put aside the plot holes it was really an tremendous adventure with the most amazing ending.
I really the moment between Regina/Robin i have always been their fan and seein that moment was so lovely and in the mean time heartbreaking..They really loved each other..
The other favourite moment is when Emma said-Sorry i am late...i died from laugh I can comment a lot more..but i will admit this is my all time favoruite episode of OUAT.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I am sorry to see this story end. They did some great things in this episode and others and some bad things, Bae and Robin being killed off, Zelena being redeemed, and Emma and Hook nonsense! Glad cs was only a cameo. I preferred Wish Hook and I loved his friendship with Rumple. I loved Regina this season and liked her goodbye with Robin. I wish they had included Gideon and it would have been nice to see if Grumpy and Nova ended up together! The Rumbelle reunion was epic and included the well! I loved Rumple's sacrifice but never thought he was a coward for becoming the DO because he did it for Bae! I was touched by Regina's goodbye! I always knew Rumple was a great hero and this episode proved it! I like that Regina got her happy ending because she and Rumple fought hard for it! I also liked seeing the leaving Storybrooke sign which was a fitting end for a series that took over my life for seven years! Now fanfic will take over and has already! I also appreciate communicating with other fans and making on line friends through our collective love and sometimes exasperation over this show!
Old 05-20-2018, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I did like this was a solid finale love having Snowing and cs back. I expected to be a cameo. I did like that Rumple not expecting a reward cause it made it heroic. I did think not killing Hook cause he considers him close to a friend contradicts s4-s6 but I did like W Hook and rumple frienship and partnership. Although I am concerned with Rogers having rumple heart is he the new dark one. I hope not. Love Rogers moment with Alice and Robyn. Overall it was a solid finale despite some plot holes
Old 05-20-2018, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

I think the finale was good. I saw it last night with my boyfriend. I love the concept of bringing all the realms together in Storybrooke.

Rumple's sacrifice for Wish Hook was really beautiful. On the friendship between Rumple and Wish Hook, I liked how Adam and Eddy wrote it.

I did like that Wish Rumple's first curse victim was the Blue Fairy. Something about that felt kind of poetic.

Seeing the Captain Swan baby was really nice too. It's so lovely that after all these seasons, the favorite headcanon of the CS baby being a girl is actually canon now.