Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2017, 06:36 AM
Master Fan

Hmm, interesting gif set. I don't recall seeing those doors before.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:30 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder which "worlds" they represent? I don't think either are any of the ones we have seen before.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

I think that they're new.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

It's taken me some time but I think I finally understand what happened to Emma in the finale, during her fight with Gideon. Parts of it still do not make any sense to me at all but here it goes...

Emma has a vision early on in 6a that she is fated to die. She believes that she is going to die fighting this masked figure and that is her fate. We're also told that Saviours don't get happy endings. It's obvious from that tagline that Emma is going to be the one to break that cycle (so there's hope that Emma won't die at all).

We also know from previous seasons that a sleeping curse is not death. The person under the sleeping appears to be dead but they actually aren't. Visions and prophecies can be misinterpreted all the time (just watch Star Wars understand that). Emma thinks that she is going to die in this final battle but her sacrifice makes it possible for her to live. Instead of dying, she falls under a sleeping curse.

(How this happens? I still have no idea whatsoever).

But Emma was never really going to die. But she needed to accept it as a possible fate for herself in order to make that sacrifice. Emma making that sacrifice made it possible for Gideon to have a second chance with Rumbelle. (Still not sure how that was possible, either). But it's a kind of reset-magic white light thing that happened.

This is the finale and Adam and Eddy always does commentary for the last episode of the season. Hopefully, they explain it better than I did. It's their show.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Disney
Tom Welling

Um, wow. I'm shaking. What a finale!!!! I was I can't really begin to express how to put my feelings into words...ugh, it was too perfect. What made watching this finale tonight magical is it's a full moon right now. I don't know, it just made the experience that more amazing to me. I think I need to process some things first before sharing all my thoughts on this nail biting finale. It's getting late and I fear I'll turn into a zombie before even getting half way through. I will attempt to share tomorrow, though maybe I will do this in parts - otherwise it will end up being a full blown essay.

What I will say now though is that I'm excited that I have FINALLY caught up with the rest of y'all, and I can freely post on the rest of the board without fear of spoilers. Speaking of spoilers, I did my darnedest to stay away from them as much as possible whilst watching the series, and religiously kept to the episode threads only. It wasn't easy, let me tell you! And as for S7, I'm keeping cautiously optimistic. I know that there will be major changes and that certain main cast members won't be returning as regulars anymore. It will be strange, but I'm keeping open-minded. As for talking about the S6 finale itself to tie in with the show's future, like I said, I will post tomorrow.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Disney
Tom Welling

Sorry, double posted me!

Edit: Now morning. Might as well start my thoughts in this post!

So, the Black Fairy's curse was to tear Emma away from her family and to erase her memories of the past 5 seasons before she started to believe in S1 and broke the first curse, and had Emma in a mental health institution. That is evil! Poor Henry was left as the only one in Storybrooke who was awake from the curse (except from Rumple - but I'll get to him later). The BF took it upon herself to be mayor of Storybrooke and Henry's mother, basically replacing Regina. I loved how Henry stood his ground against the BF and wasn't going to give up to get Emma to believe again. But the BF's evilness knows no bounds, as she magically pushes him down the stairs after he tried to retrieve the book from Archie's office. Geez that was just nasty. The BF convinces Emma to burn the book. Oh god, that cliff hanger! Poor Henry.

To be continued - will be back!

Last edited by livstevi21; 09-05-2017 at 11:20 PM
Old 09-13-2017, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Disney
Tom Welling

Ach, sorry, I meant to share the rest of my thoughts last week but was so busy with other stuff. This is just going to be a quick summary now 'cause I've got so many other things to do still! And my memory of the episode is fading sadly. Will have to re-watch! Well, I'll be re-watching S1-6 again for sure.

Ok, I'll start from the beginning.

~ The beginning scene with the girl and her dad, even though she had the book I didn't connect that he was Henry grown up!
~ Loved Hook and David scenes - David almost calling Hook his son, but then added "in law" after a pause. Hook determined to get back to Emma no matter what.
~ Henry trying everything to get Emma to believe again
~ The EQ not quite so evil anymore and actually steals from the rich to give to the poor with Robin - most of the time.
~ Zelena's exasperated expression when EQ shows up and she and Regina compliment each other's outfits.
~ Wow - EQ offering to help keep the storm from coming long enough so that Regina could get back to Henry. That was amazing.
~ Rumple killing BF!! Just like that. Felt a little too easy. But I'm so glad he didn't give in when she offered to bring back Bae from the dead. He knows all too well magic comes with a price and was not prepared to pay it anymore. That was awesome!
~ I was confused when it turned out the BF still had Gideon's heart, because who's heart did Rumple put back in Gideon?
~ Rumple finally making the right choices for his family is EVERYTHING.
~ Hook calling Snow "hello there mummy"
~ Snow finding David and the parallels with the Pilot and David finding Snow
~ Regina and Emma before the final battle, I loved that Regina reminded Emma of their past, and that they fought over Henry, but Emma found a third way, that they were both his mother.
~ Loved Emma's speech during the fight with Gideon.
~ Henry saving Emma with TLK!
~ Loved that Gideon was transformed back into a baby - now Belle and Rumple can raise him with love like it was meant to be.

~ Everything about the ending was PERFECTION. The Charming's finally have a nice home in a farm
~ Emma and Regina sending Henry off to school
~ Snow back to teaching again
~ Emma and Hook as Sheriff fighting crimes together in her VW is too adorable.
~ The dwarfs surprise for Regina as they add Queen under her name as Mayor of Storybrooke was so cute
~ Everyone gathered at Granny's
~ Same girl from beginning of the episode - Lucy - finds her dad Henry! Wow, full circle!
Old 09-13-2017, 01:56 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for sharing.

Some of us are looking forward to season 7 with adult Henry and Lucy.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Disney
Tom Welling

No problem! Sorry it wasn't quite like my past reviews.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it too. A new beginning!
Old 01-15-2022, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

So I just finished watching the Eternals and a minor plot point in there left me very confused, that it made me think of how confused I still am about what happened to Emma here.