Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2017, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Final Battle Part 1 & 2 {6.21/6.22} - Episode Discussion

The Final Battle Part 1 & 2 {6.21/6.22} Episode Discussion

The Season Finale of ABC’s ‘Once Upon a Time,’ ‘The Final Battle Part 1 / The Final Battle Part 2,’ Airs SUNDAY, May 14th(8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

THE BLACK FAIRY’S CURSE LANDS OUR HEROES IN FAIRY TALE LAND WITH LITTLE HOPE OF RETURNING HOME, AND EMMA IS IN THE FIGHT OF HER LIFE, ON THE SEASON FINALE OF ABC’S ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’

“The Final Battle Part 1 & 2” – Henry awakens to a cursed Storybrooke and discovers Emma has been in the mental hospital, and the Black Fairy is the new mayor. Henry attempts to help Emma regain her memory while Gold tries to find out what has really happened to Belle. Meanwhile, Snow, Charming, Regina, Zelena and Hook are trapped in a crumbling Fairy Tale Land and desperately try to figure out a way to be reunited with Emma and Henry, on season finale of “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, MAY 14 (8:00–10:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Rebecca Mader as the Wicked Witch/Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Lee Arenberg as Leroy/Grumpy, Raphael Sbarge as Archie/Jiminy Cricket, Beverly Elliott as Granny, Deniz Akdeniz as Aladdin, Peter Marcin as Chief, Giles Matthew as Gideon, Andrew J. West as Young Man, Alison Fernandez as Little Girl, Ingrid Torrance as Severe Nurse and Jaime Murray as Black Fairy, Karen David as Jasmine, Gabe Khouth as Mr. Clark/Sneezy, Faustino Di Bauda as Walter/Sleepy, Sara Tomko as Tiger Lily and Olivia Steel Falconer as Violet.

“The Final Battle Part 1 &2” was written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. Part 1 was directed by Steve Pearlman, and Part 2 was directed by Ralph Hemecker.

ABC

For more information on “Once Upon a Time,” visit abc.com/Once.
Facebook: www.facebook.com/OnceABC
Twitter: @OnceABC and @ABC_Publicity
Hashtag: #OnceUponATime

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • You may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when posting a critical comment.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Respect each other's ships.

• Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 05-14-2017, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT ... what a journey it has been
Old 05-14-2017, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

An incredible one....

Even Adam is getting nostalgic...

Old 05-14-2017, 11:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

I can't wait to see how the "Emma Swan" chapter of this modern-day fairy-tale ends, and what they're going to do to start the next chapter of said fairy-tale.

"Change, my dear. And it seems not a moment too soon." - Sixth Doctor
Old 05-14-2017, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

IMO, perfect finale!

Everybody got a HEA, except the Black Fairy!

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: My Kind Of Crazy
Jason Morgan |Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko | Macy & Harry | Draco/Pansy/Blaise | Princess Zelda | Clark & Lois
Old 05-14-2017, 08:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

I stopped watching the show halfway through last season but came back for the big finale due to the show being rebooted. I was reminded why I left. Of course it had potential but that potential was squandered and the finale was just bad.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Raced home from work LOL to watch YT clips.

SO THAT stuff happened. Still watching clips, but OMG roll ON Season 7!
Old 05-14-2017, 08:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Warning: Non-OUaT-related spoilers (tagged) ahead.

I'm not sure if it was intentional, but Adam and Eddy pulled a page from the playbook of Stephen King with tonight's finale,
Spoiler:
, which, as per an interview they gave to TVLine, was always intended to be the final scene of the SERIES, but which they just moved up and used it to launch a new chapter of their modern-day fairy-tale.

Although I'd made the decision to take a break from the show after Season 5, I'm glad I came back for these last 3 episodes because knowing what things are heading towards is going to make my "first experience" watching the majority of Season 6 - via the DVDs - even more interesting.

I know there are people out there who won't be following Adam and Eddy as they begin the "next chapter" of the show, but I do think credit has to be given for the fact that they themselves recognized this and, like Stephen King,
Spoiler:

Old 05-14-2017, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

It really should just have ended there.

I am glad that a lot of people got a happy ending though, and the call-backs to past episodes were a nice touch.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree it was a perfect ending and it should have ended there. If I don't like what happens in s7 this will be my happy ending
Old 05-14-2017, 08:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

As I noted, Adam and Eddy themselves recognized that, for some, this will be where the story ends, and they absolutely took that into account in crafting this episode.

They had the luxury of being able to both organically end the narrative journey they first created in 2002 AND plan the beginning of a brand-new narrative journey that will hopefully have the chance to come to just as organic a conclusion, which is something that should be celebrated in and of itself.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:46 PM
Extreme Fan

"I am the light." Really? Horowitz and Kitsis actually had those words come out of Emma's mouth?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm confused on so many levels with this 'Neverending Story' style finale.

How is Gideon the 'light' that has to destroy Emma's light? He's dark magic.

How is Henry bringing Emma back with a kiss?

And Hook and Rumple are suddenly 'ok'? Ugh.

And am annoyed beyond belief that they're just copying their season 1 premise with the 're-imagined' season 7.

I don't care one wit about a season full of grown up Henry. Ugh.

And the 'Last Supper' arrangement in the diner was too much.

I wish it had ended with this season.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killianfan (View Post)
I'm confused on so many levels with this 'Neverending Story' style finale.

How is Gideon the 'light' that has to destroy Emma's light? He's dark magic.
I'm not sure exactly how to answer this, but it might be rooted in who his parents are.

Quote:
How is Henry bringing Emma back with a kiss?
That moment was a deliberate repeat of True Love's Kiss And the moment in the Season 1 finale where Emma broke the first Dark Curse.

Quote:
And am annoyed beyond belief that they're just copying their season 1 premise with the 're-imagined' season 7.
It's called "bringing things full-circle".

Quote:
I don't care one wit about a season full of grown up Henry.
You don't have to. The beauty of what Adam and Eddy did is that they accounted for the possibility that some of the audience might choose to leave the series and consequently provided a definitive ending to the story of these characters that first began back in 2011, while also laying the foundation for a new chapter in their modern-day fairy-tale, one which returns to the very roots of the series while simultaneously allowing them to expand their mythology to create new stories and introduce new characters.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
As I noted, Adam and Eddy themselves recognized that, for some, this will be where the story ends, and they absolutely took that into account in crafting this episode.

They had the luxury of being able to both organically end the narrative journey they first created in 2002 AND plan the beginning of a brand-new narrative journey that will hopefully have the chance to come to just as organic a conclusion, which is something that should be celebrated in and of itself.
I agree with you!! I mean I myself am rather curious as to how things will go.. My main one being Why is Henry Cursed and in Seattle and Who is Lucy's Mom but regardless of all this I would have given the show a chance.