Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2018, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorKrypton (View Post)
I'll have to get the S7 blu-ray to complete my set
Me too. I have a month to wait for that.

^Good news!
Old 09-06-2018, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

Just logged onto my Netflix, and yeah, season 7 is there.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ I just discovered that as well!

Almost done with season 6.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not much more for you to see then, Millie.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No, not at all and I think thats why I'm not rushing through season 6 because it will be over soon!

About 1/3 through season 6.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've finally got the season 7 blu-ray. It arrived last night.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:55 PM
Absolute Fan

This isn't specifically Season 7-related,but I didn't know where else to put it, and so it's going here:
Come Christmas, I will own all 7 seasons of the series on home media (DVD format), and I'm super excited about it.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 11-24-2018, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's great to have them all.
Old 11-24-2018, 09:27 AM
Absolute Fan

Once I get my hands on Seasons 4, 5, and 7, OUaT will be the eighth * fully finished * series I own, and then my goal is to finally complete my collections for ANGEL, Defiance, and Dirty Sexy Money.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 09-07-2020, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've just recently rewatched season 7, and have come to the conclusion that the passage of time is the same in EF2 as all the other realms and Storybrooke. I thought for ages that the time frame in the EF2 was faster than in Storybrooke, but we are given a deal of information on the passage of time in Storybrooke. It mostly invoves the age of Robin.

At the time of Hook and Emma's wedding Robin can't be much older than an year, and at the time of Henry's graduation she is stated to be 5 years old. Henry is 18 by then so he must have been 14 at the time of the end of season 6, which fits in with the timeline as we know it. After the scene on the Jolly Roger when Emma is trying to get pregnant it says 'some years later' to the time when they are reunited and Emma is pregnant. This is also the time that Henry meets Ella. Around about the time that Lucy is born Robin is stated to be 18, and is with friends of the same age, and seeing as Zelena doesn't not recognise Wish Hook, it seems like they've not visited there before. It seems from those things that Robin's age has not been accelerated in any way. I infer from this that the time which Emma gets pregnant is about 3 years after Henry leaves. This gives him some time to have adventures with Jack, grow up to about 21 years old, and also means Emma is about 41 years old which albeit more risky, is still in believable child-bearing age. This guess would mean that after Henry meets Ella, they have Lucy about 10 years later, which would put Henry at 31 years old which is a reasonable age to have your first child. This timeline also makes sense with Rapunzel's time in the tower and the relative ages of Ella and her sisters. It also fits in with Alice being in the tower and being conceived soon after Gothel is trapped in there. It appears Alice escapes at about 15 years old, which would be around the same time Henry shows up in the EF2, and is about 18, when she meets Rumple, and 28 when she meets 18 year old Robin. A large age gap but not insurmountable.

However Wish Hook's timeline doesn't work. I guess with Jennifer Morrison bowing out they needed a way to keep Hook alive in the story and hit upon the idea of using Wish Hook instead, eventhough, this makes no sense. The Wish Realm had been created to show an alternative timeline, where the first curse never happened, so it made perfect sense, that Hook would have aged 33 or so years, and had time to age, and get very fat. However putting this character into our new timeline doesn't work. For presumably story-telling reasons they had Hook meet Gothel at the time of the first curse, eventhough, the timeline would suggest she wasn't even in the tower at that time, and he would have had to had met her at least 18 years later than that, and would have aged a bit. (But still at the time of Gothel's curse, they had all aged 20 years, but no one looked any different!)
Also considering that Emma met Wish Hook 4-5 years before Alice escaped the tower, he had no time to age and fatten up the way he did, in fact that would have been around the same time his heart was poisoned. So on the part of the writers this was trying to fool us that it does work, when it clearly doesn't.

The other clear problem is Rumple's storyline. Either Gideon had lived in a place where time went more quickly, or Rumple went back in time to meet Alice when he did. If he went back in time, we have the further problem that when he died, Belle wouldn't be dead yet, so I suppose having Gideon grow faster is the only solution.

And then of course the final scene is also fraut with problems, as Wish Henry should have aged 4 years, and be like the older version of himself, and also there are two versions of Zelena and Robin, there should be a version of Robin there who was 9 years old, and a version which was 28!

So in conclusion the writers as usual made decisions based on storytelling and not on sense, which has made the whole thing hard to work out. But it makes more sense than I thought it did before.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
It appears Alice escapes at about 15 years old, which would be around the same time Henry shows up in the EF2, and is about 18, when she meets Rumple, and 28 when she meets 18 year old Robin. A large age gap but not insurmountable.

That sounds about right to me, calculating Alice's age when she escapes because when I write about her escaping the tower in fanfics, I figure that she's at least a teenager and Wish Hook's heart is poisoned when Alice is maybe 13, maybe?
Old 09-07-2020, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was guessing about 10 but she could have been 13 too. It's hard to tell.
I had to write it all down, it was all going round and round in my head!