Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2018, 06:40 AM
Master Fan

I'll never stop wanting more........not now, not a year from now, not a decade from now............
Old 02-02-2018, 01:06 PM
Elite Fan

Me neither.. They're just so good!

icon by me
Old 02-02-2018, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

That they are

source
Old 02-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Aww, look at them..... somehow they are adorable and fluffy........yet insanely hot and sexy. Lucky them, and lucky us!
Old 02-02-2018, 04:45 PM
Loyal Fan

X
Old 02-03-2018, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

aww heartbreak

Betsy - I love them in book mode
Old 02-03-2018, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

Me, too, CD! I'm a bookworm/nerd myself, so for that reason alone I would..........but I also think it's great how with Belle especially, ONCE showed that you could be equally heroic using your BRAIN instead of your fists. In fact, Belle has been the hero of the town on more than one occasion and never got the credit for it... With Rumple, his intelligence, craftiness and subtlety were always great fun to watch; one of my favorite lines of his is "I like small weapons you see–the needle, the pen, the fine point of a deal." Watching Rumple and Belle together use their smarts was heaven for me..... like when they hid the dagger (and fooled Regina, etc..) right before he left town in S2........

There's a GIF set somewhere out there showing these two as dorks/nerds....... I'll see if I can find it!
Old 02-03-2018, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

That scene is such a heartbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
They are so adorable in this one Rumple struggling with letting their son go, and Belle being his sunshine

icon by me
Old 02-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I when they are in book mode, I wish we saw more of that
Old 02-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

In the library scene, Rumple was afraid of letting Gideon go because he’d “already lost so much” that he’s loved. I think he thought he was losing Gideon forever just because he wasn’t going to be at home. Poor thing - but I loved how Belle reassured him that they HAD raised him right, with love, and had given him a life full of adventures, that they hadn’t just chased the letting go of the dagger (which Rumple WAS fearful of) at the expense of their son.

Looking back at her death scene, I recall that she explained to Rumple that she didn’t tell him about the prophecy because she wanted them to live their lives; she knew he’d never let go (and implying that they couldn’t ever just live their lives and be happy) if he pursued the Guardian. I love this parallel.

Last edited by Betsybelle; 02-03-2018 at 04:21 PM
Old 02-04-2018, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
1x12 | | 7x04
source
Old 02-04-2018, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Another lovely parallel.. Sort of

icon by me
Old 02-05-2018, 03:59 AM
Master Fan

Two questions about Beauty that make no sense to me:

1) What was the point of bringing the chipped cup into it except to prove that it was insufficient as a talisman, insufficient symbol of Rubmelle’s love, to help wake Rumple up? He was wrong - the cup failed to wake him up, failed to bring him closer to finding her again.

2) What exactly did Rumple expect by having Alice shoot him? Ok, he knew he wouldn’t die, but he had no idea that he’d dream about Belle or that she’d come to him - which seemed to help him wake up. For all he knew, he’d regain consciousness as Weaver, not Rumple..
Old 02-05-2018, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Rumple didn't know it wouldn't work, that's why he brought it over, he thought it would.. The shooting was the last failsafe, he can't predict things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Another lovely parallel.. Sort of
Indeed
Old 02-05-2018, 06:35 AM
Master Fan

I never said or implied that Rumple should be able to predict the future - I'm speaking about Adam and Eddy. Were they trying to tell us that the chipped cup is simply not a strong symbol of Rumbelle's love? If not, then I want to know what the point was of them having the chipped cup fail.

The shooting still makes no sense to me. As I said, what was the point? It's not like he had any reason to believe that being shot would, somehow, wake him from the curse. The only thing he knew was that he wouldn't die - he should reasonably expect to regain consciousness as Weaver, not Rumple. If he wanted to have a fail-safe plan as backup to the chipped cup, he should have had a plan that was guaranteed to work.