Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2015, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
Thank you, dear! Once again we were thinking about the same thing.

It may have been realistic but so is staying married. Ted and Robin getting together at the end and we are to believe that they go the distance, that is not realistic. They would date and realize that they still have the same problems. I think the writers forgot the first rule of writing is to know your audience.

I honestly think that Schmidt and Cece will go the distance. I think that BR breaking up, that will serve as a cautionary tale for writers. Also SCC are not part of a triangle so that helps.
I think what they tried to show was, after year passed and after doing what they wanted from life now they could be together as people who have not the issues they had before. It does not guarantee that they wouldn't have the same issues or other issues tho. At least if they would keep Robin's character intact, I guess Also it would have been nice if we knew that Robin really loved Ted. Remember even in her wedding day she was almost off to break it and run away, why because Ted made a big gesture again. It actually made me think that they already started to make Robin dependent on Ted because they made her think that she needed Ted. But then when Barney promised her to never lie to her she remembered that what she really needs is not big gestures or Ted's help, she only needed honest loving relationship where it would allow to be herself and realize her dreams, which she could have with Barney. But at the end I think it was also a sign that she wouldn't have been the Robin we liked so much in the first place. Over thinking a marriage is a bad sign in general.

You are so right that SC not being a part of a triangle helps a lot but some fans act like they are. Which is insane

I saw another 4x22 review recently and I liked this part:
"What "Clean Break" reminded us of, in terms of Schmidt/Cece is that sometimes you can make a lot of mistakes and still be worthy of love. Not because, contrary to popular belief, you're flawless and not because you'll never make any mistakes ever again but because when you fight to be a better version of yourself and another person fights to be a better version of themselves, too, you deserve each other in the end."
Old 08-13-2015, 03:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
I think what they tried to show was, after year passed and after doing what they wanted from life now they could be together as people who have not the issues they had before. It does not guarantee that they wouldn't have the same issues or other issues tho. At least if they would keep Robin's character intact, I guess Also it would have been nice if we knew that Robin really loved Ted. Remember even in her wedding day she was almost off to break it and run away, why because Ted made a big gesture again. It actually made me think that they already started to make Robin dependent on Ted because they made her think that she needed Ted. But then when Barney promised her to never lie to her she remembered that what she really needs is not big gestures or Ted's help, she only needed honest loving relationship where it would allow to be herself and realize her dreams, which she could have with Barney. But at the end I think it was also a sign that she wouldn't have been the Robin we liked so much in the first place. Over thinking a marriage is a bad sign in general.

You are so right that SC not being a part of a triangle helps a lot but some fans act like they are. Which is insane

I saw another 4x22 review recently and I liked this part:
"What "Clean Break" reminded us of, in terms of Schmidt/Cece is that sometimes you can make a lot of mistakes and still be worthy of love. Not because, contrary to popular belief, you're flawless and not because you'll never make any mistakes ever again but because when you fight to be a better version of yourself and another person fights to be a better version of themselves, too, you deserve each other in the end."
See, that's it. She didn't love him and never did. Not really. I don't recall her ever having an issue with Ted dating after they broke up but with Barney, even after their first break up, after dating for only months, she hated Barney dating others, she just hid it. And through out the next few years they both never really moved on. Another reason that they would have never made it to divorce. If they separated, they would have reconciled before the divorce.

I love that about Schmidt and Cece and it's true. It also could apply to BR. But I love that. While we saw Schmidt and Cece fall in love rather quickly, it safe to say their love grew over the last year on two. That was so beautiful to see. The fact that they loved each other to let them go. Accepting and in some cases love the others flaws, and generally supporting the other person.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
See, that's it. She didn't love him and never did. Not really. I don't recall her ever having an issue with Ted dating after they broke up but with Barney, even after their first break up, after dating for only months, she hated Barney dating others, she just hid it. And through out the next few years they both never really moved on. Another reason that they would have never made it to divorce. If they separated, they would have reconciled before the divorce.

I love that about Schmidt and Cece and it's true. It also could apply to BR. But I love that. While we saw Schmidt and Cece fall in love rather quickly, it safe to say their love grew over the last year on two. That was so beautiful to see. The fact that they loved each other to let them go. Accepting and in some cases love the others flaws, and generally supporting the other person.
From the same review:
Quote:
Why I think the Schmidt/Cece romance works this year is because we've seen how much these two characters have evolved without each other. We've seen them come to the realization that they're still in love with one another on their own. Other character have helped them, of course, but season four has been all about (in every story, really) growing and changing and making yourself the best version of you that you can be. It means struggling. It means sometimes throwing your hands up in the air in defeat. Sometimes it means accepting that your life isn't what you thought it would be and it doesn't look like how society thinks it should. What's so wonderful about the way New Girl developed these two, in particular, this year is that they reminded us of who these people are, at their cores, how much they have grown, and why they work best when they're together.

I love how much Schmidt has grown. He's learned, this year, that at this point in his life, he wants love above everything else. He's learned how to be a better friend to the people he cares about, including Cece. And so, in his speech, when he tells Cece that he values their friendship above all else, my mind flashes back to "LAXmas" and "Oregon" and to "The Crawl" and I truly believe that these two have a friendship. I truly believe what Schmidt says -- how much he values and cherishes her as an important part of his life. And I really believe that Cece feels the same. That they've had a rough history that was peppered with mistake after mistake, but that they want to start again. They don't want to start over -- they don't want a clean break from each other, and they don't need a clean slate because their mistakes made them better people -- but they want to start again. They love each other and honestly, the performances from Max Greenfield and Hannah Simone completely and utterly sold that to me. There was such a softness, such a sincerity, and such an earnest vulnerability during their reconciliation that made me weep.

Because one of the items in Schmidt's box is a five dollar bill. It seems insignificant and we get a brief not-really-"Pilot" flashback to the night Schmidt and Cece met when she donned Jess' overalls so that the woman could go out on a date. And in those flashes, we know that Cece tells Schmidt to put five dollars in the jar, but we don't know why. As it turns out, it's because Schmidt said: "I'm gonna marry you, girl." In the present-day, Schmidt drops to his knee in the threshold of the apartment's door and asks: "Girl, will you marry me?" (After delivering a speech that made me totally and honestly cry.) Cece accepts and the rest of the group cheers from the kitchen. What "Clean Break" reminded us of, in terms of Schmidt/Cece is that sometimes you can make a lot of mistakes and still be worthy of love. Not because, contrary to popular belief, you're flawless and not because you'll never make any mistakes ever again but because when you fight to be a better version of yourself and another person fights to be a better version of themselves, too, you deserve each other in the end.
x
Old 08-16-2015, 02:30 AM
Master Fan

I can't wait for Cece to "move in" and become more of the family. Will she finally get a pogo?
Old 08-16-2015, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I can't wait for Cece to "move in" and become more of the family. Will she finally get a pogo?
Awww me too!

But you know she is so beautiful to have a pogo (at least according to Schmidt haha, probably Nick would have some names for her hahaha)
Old 08-16-2015, 02:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Awww me too!

But you know she is so beautiful to have a pogo (at least according to Schmidt haha, probably Nick would have some names for her hahaha)
She needs one, so she can feel like part of the family. Remember how left out she felt? I think Schmidt knowing this would give her one.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
She needs one, so she can feel like part of the family. Remember how left out she felt? I think Schmidt knowing this would give her one.
Awwwwwww Still it might be something like "beautiful face" haha. Definitely something would come out her sloppiness we heard of
Old 08-16-2015, 02:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Awwwwwww Still it might be something like "beautiful face" haha. Definitely something would come out her sloppiness we heard of
Oh, totally! That would work.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh, totally! That would work.
Sloping beauty
Old 08-16-2015, 02:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sloping beauty
Or sloppy Beauty but yeah, I like it.

Future title?
"I will never stop wanting to kiss you."

Last edited by KatB; 08-16-2015 at 03:07 AM
Old 08-16-2015, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Or sloppy Beauty but yeah, I like it.
I was trying to make a pun of "sleeping beauty" But yeah
Old 08-16-2015, 03:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I was trying to make a pun of "sleeping beauty" But yeah
I figured.

Future title?
Old 08-16-2015, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I figured.

Future title?
Love it!!! Also "You! I will NEVER give up!"
Old 08-16-2015, 05:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Love it!!! Also "You! I will NEVER give up!"
I love that one also! Add it to the list.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We are celebrating 4th year of New Girl Board on with 4 amazing seasons
Hope you can stop by at celebration thread

http://www.fanforum.com/f372/new-gir...come-63155866/

Closed Thread   Post New Thread