Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Goodbye to the Secret Circle board

This board will close next Sunday, December 15th.

The Secret Circle board was epic from the very beginning. The excitement during the first weeks and months after the board opened is something I have never experienced before. I remember being on a vacation in Tuscany when the board opened and sitting on the pool with my laptop, because I simply couldn't miss the start of the board. I loved it from the very first moment it came to be and I will love and care for it until the very last breath it takes. We've had some wonderful times here. Like the time when we finished the Pilot discussion thread BEFORE the Pilot had even aired. We were that excited about it. Or the time we reached 10k posts in 17 DAYS after the board opened and 50k in under 2 MONTHS. Or all those times most of the posters on this board were seriously sleep deprived because no one wanted to sleep and miss out on all the fun. This board was wild and it was loved and it kicked butt. And I am so proud of it. Not just of those crazy first months, but all of it. How we survived the devastation of the show being unjustly cancelled and kept going, because we still believed in the show and still had hope until the very end. It might have only lasted for a year, but we liked it so much that we talked about it for a 1,5 years more. So instead of seeing the closure of this board as a failure, I choose to look at it as a victory. We made it this far and that is a great testimonial of what this show and this board has meant for all of us who are still here.

For my part I would like to thank all the posters on this board, past and present. Thank you for contributing to this board and making it one of the best boards I have had the privilege of posting in. I would also like to thank my co-mod Flave for the past years. I think there have been times when we've both had to be very patient with each other, but we've always been able to talk about things honestly and come out of any situation even better friends than before. And I am going to miss being your co-mod very much. But I wont miss you, because I'm sure we'll still talk all the time, I accept no other possibility.

It is very heartbreaking to say goodbye to something that has been part of my life for 2,5 years. It's going to feel strange for a long time not to be able to come here and talk about the show and the actors or just to play the games. I'm going to miss all of these threads and all the fun conversations I have had in them. Where am I supposed to express my Dekker fangirl feelings from now on, I don't know. But I know I'll follow him anywhere, just like we have followed Phoebe, Britt, Jessica, Shelley and Chris to all their new shows too. This is not the end. Just the beginning of something new.

Thank you for everything.

Soleya

Old 12-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

THIS HURTS. But like I said, I understand completely, I will miss you both and this board so much Where will I talk to you guys
together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr

Last edited by like a perfect storm; 12-09-2013 at 12:43 PM
Old 12-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So sorry to hear about that guys
Old 12-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is rally sad to hear as I have been here since day and and enjoyed every moment,im really gonna miss all the threads and discussions,characters and posters

I knew this day was goanna come in the future and I respect your decision

{}
Old 12-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry to see it come to this but you still have all the memories you can carry on from this board. We'll miss you TSC but you'll always be in our hearts
Old 12-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I`m sad to see this board will be closing soon. I haven't posted here in a while, but i remember how crazy things were here when the show was on the air and joined in some of the discussions, especially at the Fayana thread. I`m glad that this board kept going as long as it did and will try to post here as much as possible before it closes.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

This is so heartbreaking and sad to see this board go..

It was a big part of my life for so long. I've had so many fantastic times here, as described in Soleya's post in the OP. I'll always love these characters, this show, no matter how long it lasted.

Soleya, your post is beautiful and I absolutely agree and can relate. I wish I could have posted more over the last few months, but I'll forever hold all the memories of the good times I had here, not only as a previous Mod, but also a poster. It was a pleasure to have modded with you and Flave.

Cadam!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)

It was a big part of my life for so long. I've had so many fantastic times here, as described in Soleya's post in the OP. I'll always love these characters, this show, no matter how long it lasted.

Soleya, your post is beautiful and I absolutely agree and can relate. I wish I could have posted more over the last few months, but I'll forever hold all the memories of the good times I had here, not only as a previous Mod, but also a poster. It was a pleasure to have modded with you and Flave.

Cadam!
THIS

CADAM 4 EVER!
together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr
Old 12-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Moderator Support Team

Sorry to hear that this board is closing you have done a wonderful job in making it last this long you all should be proud i hope you guys can still talk about it on the other threads but for this moment you did a great job
Old 12-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry to hear your board is closing
Old 12-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I won't lie, my heart is broken. I'm crushed that our board is closing, and I'll always miss posting here, I'll always feel weird for not coming here to post, but if Sol didn't talk to me, I would never let the board close even if it was just me double and triple posting here every day. The truth is I don't let go of what I love, I never will. I'm that stubborn. Our board will close, but I will still have with me. We just won't be posting anymore, but everything that this board represented and represents will live with us. So this is a new beginning, definitely.

I'll never forget all the memories we all made here. From the days before the board was opened, to the madness of the first days, to all the sad moments we shared when our show was cancelled (I'm still angry, CW, it's still not right), to how passionately we tried to save TSC, to how much we still have to say about the show and characters we still love like before. What kind of board gets to 10,000 posts in a little more than 17 days? And what kind of board gets to 50,000 posts before a show even premieres ? Not many! And our board was just this successful, it is this special, it is one of a kind. We gave our best and the result is what you see today. We're this sad to have it closed because of how happy we are here, and how much we love the show and the posters. That's why that in between all this sadness, I can also see some smiles, I can be proud of it.

All the nights lost with posting and having fun here, all the crazy days of refreshing a page and seeing that there was a new page already because there were too many of us posting too fast , the celebrations, the OT, everything. I have no words to express how I feel, to be honest. This board made my days better when I was going through a lot. and I made some amazing friends here. Jen, it was great getting to know you and modding with you. Sol, how can I describe her? She's amazing, a true friend and co-mod that had a lot of patience with me. Thank you for being with me through it all on this board. We will keep talking on a very regular basis, you can bet on that !

So this isn't goodbye. We can still have a thread on the Television board, we can still talk about TSC, we can still talk to each other. This feel so weird, I'm so sad, and I'll probably post here on this thread more times, but this is how I see it, guys. More of a "see you later"! That's what this is! Thank you for all the amazing moments and for putting up with me, I hope I did my best here! I love the TSC board!

Old 12-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

So sorry for everyone.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sorry that the board is closing
Old 12-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Such sad news! Sorry to hear about the closing
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 12-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)

Cadam!
This! .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-51,NJH D-151 OSW D-177, J-Hope D-178, Jinyoung-D-199 JK-D-416

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-29 LDH D-387