Obsessed Fan

Nice photo of him in Rome
Old 12-08-2018, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the pic.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mignonette (View Post)
Nice photo of him in Rome

Yes it is, Lila. Nice seeing Cesare in Rome again.
Old 12-09-2018, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nicely said!
Old 12-09-2018, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Arinna.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Jemima! You're welcome! And yeah, I know you don't like the lyrics. The beat and melody are catchy, though.
Hi, Alex!

Yeah, that's my problem with their songs. ALL of them have catchy melodies and beats, but some of them have kind of "weird" lyrics.

Quote:
And thank you for letting us know your real name. But if you prefer, I'll keep calling you Jemima instead of Monika.
I already told you my real name in my introduction post.

Quote:
I have both of Queen's Greatest Hits albums, but I always skipped over Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy for some reason. I'll check it out. And I don't think that Love of My Life was on either album, but I guess I can find it on YouTube. And yes, I know that he wrote that about Mary Austin. He also wrote 'You're My Best Friend' about her as well, so you should check that one out. And yes, you should also try Tie Your Mother Down and Stone Cold Crazy. Metallica did a cover of Stone Cold Crazy, and Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters performed Tie Your Mother Down with Queen when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Yeah, I figured you might not like the lyrics of 'Fat Bottomed Girls.' But I love the guitar rhythm and melody.
Okey dokey, I will check these songs.

As for "You're My Best Friend", I thought that John Deacon wrote it, for his wife. xD

As for "Fat Bottomed Girls", I really like this song! It's catchy and everything, but yeah, lyrics are... hmmmmm... too "horny".

Quote:
I loved Hammer To Fall. I first heard it when it was included in the Highlander movie, but it was actually from an earlier album and not the Highlander album. Yeah, it does have a few nuclear war references like "in the shadow of the mushroom cloud," but Brian May said the song is actually about life and death, and being aware that death is a part of life. The nuclear war references were probably just incidental. The song also has the lyrics "every night, and every day, a little piece of me is fallin' away," and "build your muscles as your body decays," so I guess the whole song is about life and death in general.
Oh, I see. It makes sense.
Well, nuclear wars were very destructive, so putting "in the shadow of the mushroom cloud" in lyrics fits this whole meaning of this song; "Life and Death".

Quote:
Who Wants To Live Forever was probably the saddest song on the Highlander soundtrack, when Connor MacLeod has to watch his wife grow old and die while he remains young and immortal.
I've never seen "Highlander", but indeed this scene sounds very sad.
Kind of like with "vampire & mortal" love stories. But vampires usually turn they mortal beloved ones into vampires, so it's not THAT sad.

Quote:
And yeah, I did figure that Bohemian Rhapsody would use that song when Freddie found out he had AIDS, although in real life Freddie wasn't actually diagnosed until 1987, years after his Live Aid performance.
Yeah, I know that. He was diagnosed one year after Live Aid, I think.
They messed up a little with few dates, and this scene is one of the examples.
But still I really love this movie, and even if this scene never happened in real life, then still it was VERY heartbreaking and touching.

Are you planning to watch this movie on cinema? If yes, then when you gonna see it?

Quote:
Princes of the Universe is probably the most heroic song on the Highlander soundtrack, and I've heard it used in a lot of YouTube videos, so it didn't surprise me that they used it for Thor and Loki.
Oh, I see. Heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimone (View Post)
Hello, Jemima! Nice to meet you.

Yes, David is my first (and only) "celebrity crush"!

God, that's an impressive number of favorites! How can you keep track?
Hi, Renée!!
It's nice to meet you too.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaw, it's SOOOOOO cute that David is your first "celebrity crush"!
How do you find his roles? I'm asking because, well, he kinda likes to play dark/mean/sad/complicated characters. xD

As for my list, yes, it is very impressive.
As for "keeping tracks", well... I have this list on my computer, so I will never forget my "crushes".

Quote:
There's a nice new photo taken in Rome recently on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/David_Oakes/stat...59206299541504
Unfortunately, I don't know how to upload photos in posts.
Thanks for this lovely pic!

Quote:
Dont' forget to vote!

David Oakes - Most Handsome British Actor 2018:
The Most Handsome British Actors 2018 | Bestofthelist

Francois Arnaud - Most Handsome Canadian Actor 2018
The Most Handsome Canadian Actors 2018 | Bestofthelist
Well... I can't vote. There are too many actors that I adore and for me all of them are "Most Handsome Actors".

Oh, and I have a little news. But maybe you guys already know that.
My friend told me that third season of "Victoria" will start probably 13.01.2019. But I don't know if this is a confirmed info.
My friend has an application which inform him when certain tv show will gonna start. But I don't know how true is that application.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope you like it.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima668 (View Post)

Hi, Renée!!
It's nice to meet you too.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaw, it's SOOOOOO cute that David is your first "celebrity crush"!
How do you find his roles? I'm asking because, well, he kinda likes to play dark/mean/sad/complicated characters. xD

As for my list, yes, it is very impressive.
As for "keeping tracks", well... I have this list on my computer, so I will never forget my "crushes".

Thanks for this lovely pic!

Well... I can't vote. There are too many actors that I adore and for me all of them are "Most Handsome Actors".

Oh, and I have a little news. But maybe you guys already know that.
My friend told me that third season of "Victoria" will start probably 13.01.2019. But I don't know if this is a confirmed info.
My friend has an application which inform him when certain tv show will gonna start. But I don't know how true is that application.
I've basically only seen David in "Victoria". But I have of course watched a lot on YouTube. I don't have a DVD-player in working order at the moment, but I've recently bought "Trinity", "Cold Skin" and "The Borgias" Don't know when I'll have time to watch it really

Yes! Your friend is right. "Victoria" season 3 will start on January 13.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Renee! I hope you're doing well!

That's great news about Victoria season 3! You and Jemima must be excited to see David come back!

Quote:
Hi, Alex!

Yeah, that's my problem with their songs. ALL of them have catchy melodies and beats, but some of them have kind of "weird" lyrics.

I already told you my real name in my introduction post.
Hi, Jemima!

Well, Queen were a band from the 70's and 80's, so maybe that's why the lyrics aren't as weird to me since I grew up in those decades. I remember when a lot of those songs first came out.

OMG. I'm sorry, Jemima. I forgot. I don't often look in the introduction thread unless I'm posting links to new threads and updating the Opening Page. When you're a moderator, managing the intro thread kinda becomes more like a housekeeping routine.

Quote:
Okey dokey, I will check these songs.

As for "You're My Best Friend", I thought that John Deacon wrote it, for his wife. xD

As for "Fat Bottomed Girls", I really like this song! It's catchy and everything, but yeah, lyrics are... hmmmmm... too "horny".
I hope you like those songs! And yes, you're right. John Deacon wrote You're My Best Friend for his wife. Sorry, I got those mixed up. I went through my Queen phase back in the 80's and 90's and I haven't listened to their stuff in a long time, so it slipped my mind.

Well, Brian May wrote Fat Bottomed Girls. But Freddie obviously didn't mind the song.

Quote:
Oh, I see. It makes sense.
Well, nuclear wars were very destructive, so putting "in the shadow of the mushroom cloud" in lyrics fits this whole meaning of this song; "Life and Death".

I've never seen "Highlander", but indeed this scene sounds very sad.
Kind of like with "vampire & mortal" love stories. But vampires usually turn they mortal beloved ones into vampires, so it's not THAT sad.
People mentioned nuclear war in movies, TV shows, and songs a lot more back then. In the 1980's the Cold War and the Soviet Union were still around, so there were a lot more of those references in pop culture and that's probably why it was often used as a metaphor for life and death.

You should see Highlander. It's one of the most popular cult movies of the 1980's. It wasn't a hit when it first came out in 1986, but it went on to become a phenomenon on home video and cable TV. Yes, the scene is sad. I guess it's kind of similar, but the Immortals weren't vampires. They were more like mythological warriors with magical powers who lived forever, and always fought with swords.

Quote:
Yeah, I know that. He was diagnosed one year after Live Aid, I think.
They messed up a little with few dates, and this scene is one of the examples.
But still I really love this movie, and even if this scene never happened in real life, then still it was VERY heartbreaking and touching.

Are you planning to watch this movie on cinema? If yes, then when you gonna see it?

Oh, I see. Heh.

Well, the media reported that Freddie was diagnosed in October 1986, the year after Live Aid, but Freddie's partner at the time, Jim Hutton, said that Freddie had actually been diagnosed in April 1987. But movies always play around with timelines for the sake of drama, and I guess that since the movie ended with Queen's 1985 performance at Live Aid as the climax(which was Queen's crowning achievement in the 80's), I guess they felt that it was more important to have Freddie diagnosed before the concert so that the ending would be on a more triumphant note with the Live Aid performance. Showing Freddie diagnosed after Live Aid probably would've been anticlimactic since Queen's popularity had faded by the end of the 80's and there wasn't a Queen resurgence until after Freddie's death in 1991 and Bohemian Rhapsody was featured in the 1992 movie Wayne's World, which sent the song back to #1 on the charts.

I hope you can watch Highlander because Princes of the Universe is the song in the opening credits, and you'll see why I like it so much if you see the movie. I'll probably end up watching Bohemian Rhapsody at home on cable. I never get enough time to see anything anymore. But I'm off work on Christmas Day, and my usual tradition on Christmas is to go see a movie and have dinner at a Chinese restaurant because those are the only two places that are open on Christmas. So if it's still in the cinema on December 25th I'll try to see it then.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

... there's also a show Highlander
Old 12-14-2018, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I remember, Arinna. It came on in the early 90's.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Liked it better.
Old 12-16-2018, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

really late to the party but I loved the recent tweets David made about his visit back to Rome and his nostalgia over The Borgias.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-16-2018, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

He liked his role of Juan.
Old 12-16-2018, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

He did and he talked in the past about feeling sad that Juan was not kept on the show longer.

I know it made sense to kill him in line with real events, but I do think David's Season 3 absence and the Season 3 cancellation could be more than just a coincidence. His performance, whether people liked Juan or not, was mesmerizing, and I found that season very dull without him.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Closed Thread   Post New Thread