Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Cape News thread #1: Because get the latest news here!

The Cape News Thread

Quote:
Two Cents & Five Questions with Summer Glau & James Frain
The Two Cents: Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to talk to me. I’m loving the show so far. And I’m big fan of both of yours. You two play enemies on The Cape, and Orwell knows who Chess it, but Chess doesn’t know Orwell’s identity. Do you two get to face off or do you keep using The Cape as the middleman.
James Frain: (laughter) I like that, middleman. He is sort of. Yes, I think so eventually. The writers do a great job with a huge cast of characters who are all larger than life characters. The building big story arcs and we don’t know everything yet. But yeah, I think you and I will go face to face. Do you agree?
Summer Glau: Yes, I think all of that is true.

TTC: So how difficult is it to play a character that you don’t know the past or the future of?
SG: It’s challenging but it’s also the power of the unknown. We’ve tried every trick to get the writers to tell us something but they won’t give us anything. They are slowly building the story, and I’m trying to use that to create my character.

TTC: James, you play a very good villain, do you like playing a super villain complete with costume?
JF: Yes. Soon we start going into the mind of Chess, what drives him. What kind of psychology invents an alter ego? A split personality. We’re into that now and it’s very intriguing.

TTC: Summer, you’ve played your share of kick ass women, how is Orwell different?
SG: She puts herself into very dangerous situations, she has no other way of existing or being. She has a mission and she will fight to the bitter end. Sometimes she barely makes it out. I like that she’s a bit more slick and sophisticated. She is mysterious, and never vulnerable. I’m trying to create a character that people want to know more about.

TTC: What 5 American TV Shows would you show someone who has never seen TV before?
(laughter)
JF: That’s hard! Well, The Cape, Season 1-5
SG: I like that! Well I don’t know, but as a child my favorite show was Little House on the Prairie.
JF: The Wire, and 24. That show is addictive!
SG: We need something educational.
JF: Sesame Street.

TTC: What’s your TV guilty pleasure?
SG: I watch Top Chef. And Damages is my favorite drama.
JF: I love 30 Rock.
http://thetwocentscorp.wordpress.com...u-james-frain/

Last edited by Soleya; 01-13-2011 at 03:00 PM
Old 01-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

News

Summer Glau Talks About ‘The Cape’ In Style | Summer Glau : Just Jared
Old 01-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you, all press is good press!
Old 01-15-2011, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It's just two episodes old, yet the television viewing world wants to know: How long with "The Cape" last?

It might be a little while, at least. Thanks to the network it's on.

"The Cape" debuted to a 5.0 rating/8 share in Fast National overnight ratings from The Nielsen Co. Sunday. While it finished behind competition from both CBS and ABC, it did give NBC its best numbers since the season finale of "The Celebrity Apprentice" last May. But then again, NBC has not shown any original programming on Sunday since because of football.

The double-episode of "The Cape" -- starring David Lyons, James Frain, Jennifer Ferrin and Summer Glau -- actually held on to its audience for the second hour, a promising sign for a show, meaning audiences checking out the first episode decided to stay for the second. That could help if that audience carries over to Mondays next week, as it would be the network's highest-rated Monday series of the season.

No other genre show is scoring as high as "The Cape's" premiere. Yet, "The Cape" is not the biggest genre premiere of the season. That title belongs to another NBC show, "The Event," which premiered to a 6.8/10, followed by ABC's "No Ordinary Family," which debuted at a 6.3/10. Both shows, however, have since fallen well under the 5.0 household mark.

"No Ordinary Family" is averaging a 4.6/7 while "The Event" has slipped to a 4.2/6.

NBC has struggled considerably with its lineup this season. It has no shows in the top 25. In fact, its highest-rated show is the new "Law & Order: Los Angeles," coming in at No. 28. In terms of genre programming, "No Ordinary Family" is the first to hit the overall list at No. 36.

It's difficult to judge a show immediately out the gate. Whether it will last beyond the spring will take a few weeks to determine. But we'll get our first indication next week when "The Cape" moves to its regular time of Mondays at 9 p.m.

Top Genre Premieres, 2010-11 -- [Current Average]
1. The Event (NBC) 6.8/10 [4.2/6]
2. No Ordinary Family (ABC) 6.3/10 [4.6/7]
3. The Cape (NBC) 5.0/7 [5.0/8]
4. V (ABC) 4.0/6 [4.0/6]
5. Fringe (Fox) 3.5/5 [3.2/5]
5. Chuck (NBC) 3.5/5 [3.3/5]
7. Vampire Diaries (CW) 2.0/3 [2.1/4]
8. Smallville (CW) 1.7/3 [1.6/3]
8. Supernatural (CW) 1.7/3 [1.4/3]

Fast Nationals usually provide a snapshot of what Americans are watching by pulling numbers from the top urban markets that include both live viewing and same-day timeshifted viewing. A rating point generally represents more than 1.1 million households while the share indicates the percentage of televisions turned on that was tuned to the specific program. These numbers typically shift when final ratings are issued.
For NBC, 'The Cape' Premiere Not Too Shabby | Airlock Alpha
Old 01-15-2011, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh thanks for that. Numbers make me nervous, lets hope it can keep it's audience Monday too.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think it is good so far
Old 01-15-2011, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too, the next few weeks are going to be so important though.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Let's help to spread the word
Old 01-15-2011, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think they're good too . Let's hope they go up or stay like this .
Old 01-15-2011, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

Numbers always make me a bit nervous too I'm just hoping that people realize that it's really on Monday nights, and don't look for it next Sunday.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh that too, how is the promotion been, has it been well informed that it's on Monday nights?
Old 01-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

I honestly haven't seen much promotion since the premiere, so I'm not sure people know. Though maybe they are promoting it on different sites/channels?
Old 01-16-2011, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

From what I've heard, it's been fairly promoted. I'm nervous for this Monday's episodes ratings, lately they just don't give any shows a chance to develop and build an audience.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's true, how can people find a show if it gets cancelled after few episodes, there's just no time to find it! Most times it takes me almost half a season to really get into a new show and start following it.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is a fantastic interview with John Wirth, god amongst men, he worked on tscc, anyways, he talks about The Cape too!

Quote:
AX: How arced versus standalone is THE CAPE?

WIRTH: Well, as the network likes to call it, it’s a very “joinable” show. Unlike SARAH CONNOR, which was kind of a serial drama, there isn’t much of a serial aspect to this show. At least what we’ve been doing so far, it’s super-villain of the week that comes into the show and creates a situation that the Cape has to resolve. I think if you drop in week in and week out, you will have a very satisfying viewing experience. You’ll understand what the Cape is up against. If you’re a person who watches every episode, or multiple episodes, you’ll have a really good idea of what he’s been up against to try to get back home. I think it works on many levels. It’s a wonderful show for the fanboys. It also, I think, has family appeal. It’s multifaceted and I love it. I hope people watch it.
Rest are here Interview: John Wirth puts on THE CAPE & reflects on TERMINATOR: TSCC Assignment X – The Pop Culture Entertainment Magazine for Movies, TV, DVD, Blu-ray, Video Games, Books, Comics and Technology – News, Interviews, Reviews, Photos and Vi