Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

Being Human (US) Episode Discussion: 2x13 'It's my party and I'll die if I want to" SEASON FINALE

It's my party and I'll die if I want to
SEASON FINALE EPISODE DISCUSSION

Old 04-09-2012, 03:56 AM
Master Fan

Nervous? Excited?
Old 04-09-2012, 05:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Tftnt . I'm excited for the episode but sad that we have to wait 8 months to see the new season lol
Old 04-10-2012, 05:19 AM
Addicted Fan

OMG!

i can't even come up with a review that will make sense...so i am only going to say it wasa AWESOME!

so many twists and turns. so mother is really surens mother, not just her maker, interesting. her face when aiden said she has to live with the guilt, she knew he was right.

i'm glad that sallys mother, actually wanted to spend time with her, and didn't want to kill her.

it was a very mother daughter episode.

i'm going to miss suren, but i knew she was going to die.

the ending was aiden, being grounded, josh and nora having the shots fired and us not knowing who it was....and then sally. she shredded herself

they start filming in june. i can't wait!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

juju_b you said it all. Other than i won't miss Suren, I was hoping that she would turn on 'mother'. I knew after that she would no more but Aiden's being put to ground was a surprise. Where was Henry? I think he will be Aiden's rescuer if he is still alive.

I can't wait for spoilers. AND can't believe either we have to wait eight months.
EJami powerful, tangible, wild & completely off the charts Choice, not chance, determined destiny. He, too, has been changed in his turn, changed utterly: & a terrible beauty was born. Love comes in many forms & faces, as there are many roads to truth.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Addicted Fan

henry was hooked in mothers cabin thing, but i can see henry being the one to save him. or at least telling josh where he is. if henry is still alive.

the wait is so long! but the new interviews and spoilers are going to make it a nice wait. we have comic con this weekend
Old 04-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

OH. MY. What a way to end the season.

For a second...just a second...I thought Suren might grab the stake and kill her mother....her falling to the ground was just an act. Sadly, this was not true. In the end....Suren could not free herself from her life...she almost seemed brainwashed...but I think she just didn't believe in herself (she was buried for decades....it clearly took a toll on her). But Mother will not be freed either...that will be something that will haunt her forever....and for an immortal....that's torture...she emotionally buried herself.

Aiden being buried....but getting the last 'biting' word in edgewise ....wonderful!

Sally shredding herself....did NOT see that coming! She had to do something...but something that didn't hurt anymore lives...so she took hers...very noble! GO SALLY & haunt the airwaves all you want till your boys come to your rescue (somehow!).

Josh/Nora/Ray: Definitely two gunshots...but who shot who first....WOW....can't wait to find out the answer to that dilemma.

GREAT SEASON ENDER....bring on S3!!!! To limbo & beyond....

Last edited by Lynea; 04-10-2012 at 07:22 PM
Old 04-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

just now getting a chance to watch the ep(my mom is having health problems again so I've been at the hospital with her) and oh my godddddd amazing episode. I don't even know what just happened all I know is I'm pissed with these cliffhangers

I loved that Aidan and Josh were fighting for Suren and Nora and trying to do the right thing for them. I also loved Sally's line about that 'so hot'

Speaking of Sally, her SL really got to me! I liked her mother much better this time around. Also after all the guilt Sally has had this season for shredding and possessing people I think she needed something like this to happen in order to assuage her guilt. but wtf is going on with her now gahhhh next season!

Stand out scene for me was the Sally/Josh scene where they were saying goodbye that line sally said, can't remember exactly but something like 'I hope I never see you again until you're old and dead' so perfect, they combine humor and sadness in the most heartbreaking way! And then the hug loved that scene.

Suren dying wasn't a shock, but I was sad for Aidan's sake. and now he's grounded ughhhh I need next season NOW!!!

and now Josh...ok I love Josh I do but he has confused me so much the past few eps! First he chooses Julia over Nora, and now he's willing to risk his life in order to cure Nora? Like I said before it was really sweet and all but idk I just don't really know where his feelings for her stand at this point. But at least with the cliffhanger we know for sure that Nora will be back so I'm happy about that.

AHHHH i'M GONNA MISS THIS SHOW SO MUCH I need spoilers NOW
Old 04-14-2012, 05:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

Find something I think that Josh loved Julia and seeing her die is why he thought OK I HAVE TO KILL Ray because I couldn't save Julia but I can at least help fix Nora.

I hope your mom is doing better.
EJami powerful, tangible, wild & completely off the charts Choice, not chance, determined destiny. He, too, has been changed in his turn, changed utterly: & a terrible beauty was born. Love comes in many forms & faces, as there are many roads to truth.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dommie (View Post)
I think that Josh loved Julia and seeing her die is why he thought OK I HAVE TO KILL Ray because I couldn't save Julia but I can at least help fix Nora.
ITA! i think on some level he does love Nora but he was in love with julia.

caroline i hope your mom is doing better
Old 04-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks guys, she's doing better now!

yea I'm sure that's why he killed Ray, idk I just think he's sending mixed signals to Nora and that's not fair to her.

I can't believe we have to wait so long to get an answer to all these cliffhangers
Old 06-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

So many cliffhangers!!!

They're all separated again I need them back together.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:14 AM
Addicted Fan

we all need them together again lol
Old 06-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Extreme Fan

This was a pretty surprising episode, but pieces of it were underdeveloped, seeming to start in the middle like they wanted to rush to get to the point.

I have always hated Suren although the writers are very clever and created some moments for you to have to sympathize with her. Remember the story she told at the dinner table in 'Don't Fear the Scott', the story of the black orchid? Well now the tables had turned and Aidan WAS the black orchid. When that hospital blood was locked up, Suren embraced that inner monster that he wanted gone, she nurtured him with live blood and sex until he thrived, the only difference is that sadly he never noticed. I hated that about her, and I was very disappointed in him for not noticing. Then that bedroom scene with the whole 'where do I fit in' niiiiice, she almost had me with that but sorry writers not quite, you ruined it with the whole running away thing otherwise that may have held my attention. I knew she had to die for him to even have a chance of returning his heart to the right place, to his real family. I agree with Sally that they are strongest together. But something happened to me when mother shoved that stake into Suren's heart. The look on Aidan's face, the most destroyed he's ever looked in the span of the series thus far except maybe when he had to kill Bernie killed me. Almost the entire second season I waited in disappointment for Suren to die or Aidan to see the light and ditch her and when it finally happened all I could think was "Oh my poor Aidan" and how much I wanted to hug him just like I did after Bernie. I never imagined in a million years that it would be so painful for him to lose her. I never felt anything between then except lust despite the attraction hinted at in the 1930 flashbacks, but then that horrible expression on his face as he watched her turn to dust has me thinking and almost feeling sad that Suren is dead. After spending most of the season wanting her dead for corrupting Aidan, it was not the victory it should have been. Then Mother had to go and bury him, I hate that!

I really liked how they begun the episode on Sally's part, where she had waited for that old lady to die but then couldn't bring herself to take her door. I knew Sally is the kind of person who could never listen to such a horror which has tortured her friends as what Nick described and do nothing. So I have played with possible ways she would get to 'limbo' but the one thought that never crossed my mind was the one they used, I love these writers they are so great at that.

It was also easy for me to have forgotten that Sally's mother was still out there without a door because 'Mama Said There'd be Decade's Like This' is my least favorite episode thus far, but her reintroduction was one of those scenes that felt fast-forworded to the middle. They make it feel like Sally had been in touch with her mother this whole time the way she started the conversation which was never hinted at, and it seemed too casual for a request to be shredded. "Oh hey mom, could you do me a favor and rip me apart? Oh yeah and just FYI, I have no idea if it can be undone". That's a bit what it felt like to me. And then the scene where she's explaining what she found out to Aidan. It starts right in the middle of the conversation, I would have liked to see her shocked and relieved to see him come home. Then maybe she requests for him to shred her to send her there I think that would have been more powerful than her mother since she and her mother were estranged for years when they were both alive and Aidan is someone she has grown very close to and feels like she could rely on. It would have been strong too if they had made this conversation a kind of revelation for Aidan, his concern for Sally and what she described causing him to see how he was needed at home and that he was just as messed up as she was. Disappointment there. I thought Aidan's return would be a bit more dramatic for all three characters, that there would be pleading for him to stay.

Then I also felt the grave visit flashbacks seemed a bit thrown in there. They added to how his history with Suren fit oddly in with his history with Bishop, but I like the foreshadow to her death through Mother's description off the tiger cubs.

I liked the opening of the episode where Emily told Josh why it was not a good idea to attend Julia's funeral, she made some great points. That he was the easiest person to blame so his presence would cause a disturbance and interfere in the grieving process of Julia's other loved ones. Sadly as usual he got the completely wrong message from her death and lay the fault in the wrong hands, *shakes head* oh come on Josh! Open your eyes and see what YOU did, what your fear and denial did. I really liked how they extended on the damage the eclipse had done, but I thought they should have gone even more into it. I wish Ray had elaborated on what had happened to him. I was disappointed that they did not work with that more. I think we really needed more of a feel for the shock the eclipse was for the werewolves.
I really have been intrigued since his re-appearance in 'Partial Eclipse of the Heart' of how Ray's character has grown. He's become a lot stronger and more mature about what he is as opposed to the vampire kill happy player and bum he was in the first season when we met him. I like this Ray and I don't blame him for the way he responded to that rifle in his face. For trying to tell him that his perspective is messed up and for wanting to kill Josh to protect himself and his family. Although that would also be a great way for him to screw up his new family life if they wanted to make Aidan's point back in season one about how Josh's family would trust him too much until he ended up killing them. In this case Ray would get himself sent to jail once again loosing his family and showing his young son that his father is a bad man and perhaps even following his footsteps in resentment.
I have to say what bugged me the most about this episode was that of course Aidan did not show up to help Josh with Ray as promised. This was a great opportunity for Aidan to redeem himself, and bring the team back together or else they never should have wrote him making that promise in the first place. They have shown enough of how unreliable Aidan has become to his friends, so was this really necessary? I didn't see the point of it if they weren't going to use it as a revelation of Aidan's character and actually have him show up. Now Josh is going to feel betrayed and their relationship will estrange even more. Seriously? I want the old Aidan back.
Overall, it was a episode with great surprises and they left it in a good suspenseful spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Handed (View Post)
So many cliffhangers!!!

They're all separated again I need them back together.
Hakuna Matatta! According to an interview with Meaghan the roomies will be together more in season 3. One of the Being Fans girls told me that she heard they intented to drive a wedge between them and then bring them back together.

they win"
- Stephen King