Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Being Human (US) Episode 02x12 Partial Eclipse of the Heart Discussion Thread

Partial Eclipse of the Heart Discussion Thread

Description~ Sally counsels Zoe about her gift; Josh considers divulging his condition to Julia; Aidan tries to establish a life for himself and Suren.

Promo:

Sneak Peek Don't watch if you are avoiding spoilers

Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Addicted Fan

looks interesting can't wait only 10 hours to go.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread! Just got home from a long day, will watch tomorrow!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

OMG. NO MATTER THAT THE DAY WAS LONG. YOU MUST SEE THIS EPISODE.

OK...I need to calm down. JUST so much happened.

Henry surprised us all right!!!!! Suren didn't.

JOSH my poor Josh The writers threw us two surprises in this episode Julia and Henry.

Sally too, the guilt she has to live with now.
EJami powerful, tangible, wild & completely off the charts Choice, not chance, determined destiny. He, too, has been changed in his turn, changed utterly: & a terrible beauty was born. Love comes in many forms & faces, as there are many roads to truth.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:25 AM
Addicted Fan

your welcome for the thread

this episode OMG!

so i guess i don't hate Henry, i really didn't see that coming! ugh suren annoyed me in this episode, but not really she was just being herself. she is used to be lavished adn getting what she wants because she is a princess. i really love her wardrobe. i love that she is always wearing colors and not black.

i'm glad sally and zoe made peace, basically bc Nick lied to her on how much pain he was in. i did like that danny semi apologized with this line "there are a lot of undesirables there and lets face it sally i'm not that desirable." he looked said, but hey he wasn't very nice so can't feel bad for him.

Josh...omgosh so sad. i can't believe Julia is dead!!! all he wanted to do was protect her, when he should of just told her and they would of been fine....moral of the story always tell the truth. i really hope he doesn't jump right baack in with Nora though, because if that relationship is going to work it can't be a rebound.

when josh was crying after juila went through her door, i said this is a time when he needs aiden.

next week is the season finale and it looks great!
Old 04-03-2012, 02:03 PM
New Fan

Wow, this was unexpected!

I really felt bad about both Julia and Josh... Julia didn't deserve to end that way!

Kinda knew Suren would go back, she didn't look to me like she would be capable of something serious with Aidan, or anyone else for that matter
Old 04-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

I posted for the first time on this board last week because the previous two episodes were wonderful....and yesterday's episode continued this successful trend.

First, to juju_b and find something real: thanx for welcoming me to the board last week (in last week's eppy discussion thread)! I'm glad to be here.

Second, this episode was truly 'shock-worthy'. Last week, I could have sworn Henry had indeed betrayed Aiden; but it was a welcome surprise to learn I was wrong. Henry proved his loyalty & love for his 'father' & I actually felt sorry for him when Aiden non-lethally staked him.

But other than the Aiden/Henry scene the vamps took a vacation for the rest of the episode. And I did not mind at all. I loved how the eclipse factored into the plot & how it affected the ghosts & the weres. Would have been nice if somehow it also affected the vamps but since there was really not a scene to be spared I'm happy that the vamps took a backseat.

The ghost plot was intriguing....so a purgatory for 'dead' ghosts who did not get/ or refused their door. Nick returned and it should be joy BUT to hear him plead --- beg Sally not to be sent back --- wow. It's not physical torment, but mental. You're there, but your're not really there. You exist, but can't partake --- in anything --- pure torment.

I liked Zoe/Nick ---- and to see him return to prove his undying love --- to set her at peace, even if he can't rest himself --- truly was a noble gift to the woman he loves.

I completely forgot Danny got shredded too in the house ---- so I was completely when he was revealed. I expected to see a more vengeful Danny return; but like Nick, he's not doing well either in his 24/7 torment. Sally even looked a bit sorry for him.

Lastly, Josh & Julia. Well, Ray did warn him quite bluntly --- tell her the truth. And look how Ray is living --- happy with his wife and child. The truth shall set you free. And I believed Julia at the end --- she would have still loved him ---- Josh just didn't believe in their love. Soooooo sad for Josh to realise this now when it's too late.

The expressions of grief & deep regret on both Sally & Josh's faces were priceless. The guilt that Sally must live with knowing Nick (& other innocents) are continually suffering; and the cutting regret of a love unfulfilled that Josh could have had if he had spoken will haunt him forever. To know they (albeit unintentionally) killed because of mere choices they made will continually tear at their souls. WONDROUS ACTING from both Sam Huntington and Meaghan Rath.

Can't wait for the finale....what more can they possibly shock us with?!?!?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:13 AM
Addicted Fan

hi rambokitty and Lynea. Glad to see you guys came back .

ITA with both of your reviews/posts. Sad that next week is finale don't like the hiatus !
Old 06-30-2012, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

I'm so glad I wasn't spoiled for this episode. First the Henry surprise and then Julia!

I'm really sad now, for her and Josh
Old 06-30-2012, 09:19 AM
Addicted Fan

i'm glad you liked this episode. the whole julia thing was so sad. i found out that i don't hate henry as much as i did before ..not sure i trust him completly though.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:58 PM
Extreme Fan

I can't believe it, I never knew there were ep discussion threads here this is great.

Yeah, god this was one INSANE episode. Loved every second though, and just in the nick of time *sarcasm* this is when Josh/Julia finally got my attention. I can't believe he was just starting to tell her and BAM insane eclipse attack!
That entire chase scene out of the restaurant had me so on edge and annoyed when it went to commercial.
Then I hate to admit it but they got me. I had no idea that Julia was a ghost in that last scene, not until her door appeared did it click. I thought Chelsea had been the one on the stretcher, as in Josh's partial wolf somehow attacked her.
Somehow I had been so sure that if Julia had to die, it would have to be at Nora's hands. This was probably the biggest shock of the series next to what the reaper really was.

The goodbye scene between Zoe and Nick was also a great scene, brilliant writing to have the eclipse bring back all the shredded ghosts. I was glad that Zoe got the right message from loosing him, that she had let her gift keep her from connecting with living people. Danny's condition was pretty shocking too, to think that this place is so horrible that it turned the vicious vengeful ghost he had been into a completely broken down remorseful soul. But was he really effected the way he seemed to be? If she decides to bring him back too will he revert back?

I was disappointed though with Aidan's story in this episode, not really interesting. I had had high hopes that he had finally realized what Suren was in that scene at the end of 'Don't Fear the Scott'. The look on his face as he walked out of that hotel room really looked like revelation, but that was like the third or fourth time my Aidan disappointed me in this season. :'(

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 07-01-2012, 05:27 AM
Master Fan

I didn't realise Julia was a ghost at first too. I thought it was odd that she wasn't injured very badly but it didn't click that she had died until she said 'you can't protect me from this'. I'm glad she got closure, but I guess now Josh will always feel guilty for the accident even though it wasn't his fault
Old 07-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Extreme Fan

I'd say it was partially his fault. Had he told her sooner, she would have known what was going on and not chased him out of the restaurant. He shouldn't have been mulling it over all this time, if he loved her enough and I believe he did, that is his answer.

they win"
- Stephen King