Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNaley23x (View Post)
Hi guys

I just got into Community about a week ago, and am officially obsessed! I adore Jeff/Annie together

Can I be added as a shipper?
I will add you right now!!! Welcome!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Loyal Fan

So.. The not mentioning the other couple, is it a rule specifically for this thread or for FF in general?
Old 04-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well it was fun while it lasted.

To be honest Im not a big Jeff fan right now. I think Annie could do much better. The whole line about not growing up until their 30's generation is like the pot calling the kettle black Mr. 40 something who mere minutes before said he was not ready to settle down. Talk about flaky and condescending.

Unsure if I want to stay tuned for next week. I usually dont mind these light comedies because everything is taken with a huge grain of salt and Ive been a fan since the first season but I feel like since Donald Glover left my interest has been waning greatly and each week its getting harder and harder to stay tuned. I dont want to watch the swan dive when it happens. :/
Old 04-11-2014, 04:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveOTH23 (View Post)
I will add you right now!!! Welcome!!!
Thank you

I miss the first 5 episodes of season 5. Plenty of Jeff/Annie and Troy still around. It does feel like its been a little lacking these last couple of eps.
.{Zee}.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred86 (View Post)
So.. The not mentioning the other couple, is it a rule specifically for this thread or for FF in general?
No bashing of a couple is a general FF rule, this thread focuses on Jeff and Annie and should remain so.

I'm not saying you can't mention Jeff and Britta as a couple, but no bashing. Obviously, what happens to them effects Jeff and Annie so its the elephant in the room not to talk about the existence.

I just don't want it to become a thread about why the other couple doesn't work for us. That is pretty much why this thread exists because we prefer this one.

I trust everyone to keep it respectful.

Quote:
I dont want to watch the swan dive when it happens. :/
It sucks when something you love starts to just not be the same anymore.

I really don't think Jeff and Britta will actually get married. I think it was more about coming full circle with how the group got formed in the first place.

I have no idea if anything Jeff and Annie will ever happen again and that depresses me.

Quote:
It does feel like its been a little lacking these last couple of eps.
its sad. I love the group as a whole, but it feels like a lot of eps this season after Troy were just kind of gimmicky.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Okay, cause when you said "keep the discussion to Jeff and Annie only" that's kind of what I got. And I know anti-threads are allowed, so I just found that weird. I feel like it could sometimes be impossible to discuss what's happening to them without mentioning Jeff/Britta too.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am glad I could clarify what I meant.

Once you open the door about talking about an opposing couple too often I feel the discussion becomes too much of reasons why we don't prefer them and we already know that we don't thats why were here.

We can talk about what happened and why we like JA just no bashing of any other couple.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Extreme Fan

seriously, after watching 5x12, I'm about to hate Dan harmon as much as I hate HIMYM right now.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_vieira (View Post)
seriously, after watching 5x12, I'm about to hate Dan harmon as much as I hate HIMYM right now.
Oh I COMPLETELY agree!!

HIMYM - the ending frustrated the hell out of me. I really don't want a repeat performance. I would prefer Jeff and Annie be together by the finale, but if not then I would rather neither are with anyone. To be honest it does look pretty bad for them, I don't know how or if they would come back after the proposal and all from last episode.

But I also don't think Jeff and Britta will get married. I'm banking on the fact that Dan Harmon doesn't want romantic ships to be the driving force on the show.

And in all honesty, and I don't mean this in a bashing way at all - but I don't see Jeff and Britta doing well as a couple. They make great friends, either sniping or supporting each other. I see more of a romantic dynamic with Annie and Jeff. They seem to bring out the best in each other, in a way that none of the other characters can bring out in either of them. And they have these softer romantic moments, as well as crazier passionate moments (mostly verbally, since we don't get to see them kiss in the normal timeline much)

I don't know if its just me, but the way Dan Harmon's set it up - every other timeline seems to be putting Jeff and Annie together. The dreams and fantasies Jeff has pairs him and Annie together. The dreams and fantasies that Abed has (as the most observant one in the group) tend to put Jeff and Annie together. So what I want to know is why would Dan Harmon go out of his way to show them aligning in so many different scenarios from so many different people's points of view (even the Dean!)...if they were never even going to get a hint of an actual relationship in the normal timeline?
.{Zee}.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So what I want to know is why would Dan Harmon go out of his way to show them aligning in so many different scenarios from so many different people's points of view (even the Dean!)...if they were never even going to get a hint of an actual relationship in the normal timeline?
It wouldn't surprise me if he thought he was giving us SOMETHING. like "its never gonna happen in real time so here you go..."

I am more upset because I was told repeatedly that the study group is like a family and the writers find it weird in general when people hook up. Fine I can accept that. I was prepared to not hope for anything. This latest curveball is just perplexing. It makes sense to lose something and reach for something else, but I don't know.

And we may not get another season.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

God I am hoping beyond hope that there'll be another season. Probably wishful thinking at this point but Abed's been saying it from the beginning #SixSeasonsAndAMovie
.{Zee}.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still believe. And whatever, Joel and Alison always kill it with one look. If Dan never went there is out of pure stubbornness.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by issa (View Post)
I still believe. And whatever, Joel and Alison always kill it with one look. If Dan never went there is out of pure stubbornness.
he never planned on the JA explosion. he used their chemistry and our feels.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Well Dan did say in Paley that if they don't get a 6th season, that many people will be unhappy lol. I wonder if he was thinking about the JA fans lol

My Tumblah

~You're the best, and I love you.~
Old 04-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanx for the reminder, ILoveOTH23.

I think it's always better if you focus on what's good instead of negative things.

So it's much better if we discuss why J/A are so great than what's wrong with other ships... but sometimes it's hard because obviously if things between Jeff and other women happen, they affect J/A as well.

Concerning me, my main and most important ship is "me + the show".
I love every character, I love the show too much.
Britta is not my favorite character but I like her very much and I think she was awesome in some episodes.
So, I'll never send hate to other characters or ships.

I'm probably an idiot but I'm not so worried about what happened last episode.
Everything was very rushed and it seemed to me like a way to face what was happening at Greendale and the inner crisis Jeff and other characters were experiencing.
Maybe I'm all wrong, but I didn't get a terrible vibe.

Britta was so cute, I still think she would have deserved a sweet heart, a good guy like Troy, maybe a little bit more grown up.

I didn't like looking at that final scene of course.
But I freezed my feelings until the final episode. I don't want to be in pain if all this is not going to end as it seems.

I'm "okay" if the writers won't let J/A happen, if this is because they don't want to pair members of the study group.
I'm "okay" if it's because they want to keep love stories in the background as it was for Jeff and Slater, because they prefer to focus on the group and other elements.
That's why I don't think what we saw last episode is going to happen... it would contraddict everything they have ever told about the romance issue on the show.

It's not okay if the only excuse is the age difference or the experience of those characters.
Annie is mature, she's a woman now and the age thing is so annoying, and so hypocrite (if you think of Harmon and his fiancee).

I know and we all know that Jeff and Annie will always be special... there was so much more in their shared scene than in million conversations between Jeff and other women.
It seems like she's able to show him what's inside of him, and he's not able to see it until she does that.

At this point, I think that he needs her more than she needs him... this is the impression I had.

I still have a little flame of hope... especially if we get a 6th season.

I've started saying that J/A is the perfect otp in the wrong show, and I'm sticking to it, I think it's sadly true.