Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

1x17 "No Ordinary Love" Episode Discussion

No Ordinary Powell
February 22nd 2011
ABC Tuesdays 8/7c

The mysterious Mrs. X (Lucy Lawless) tasks the sexy - and dangerous - Sophie (Tricia Helfer) to cause Jim and George to fall under her spell and make them do whatever she wants them to - which could place Jim's marriage in jeopardy. Meanwhile, Stephanie must decide whether or not to inject a patient with the trilsettum serum and risk turning him into a super in order to retain Dr. King's trust, and Daphne's boyfriend, Chris, begins to have suspicions about the Powell family's abilities.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I felt so sad when Stephanie injected Lucas with a serum it just makes you imagine if he was six years old. see I don't like bringing Joshua into this but it just made me think of him. I can't imagine a six year old going through that even I'd be a little craze....even though nothing can control me and all. lol

Finally someone who is more evil then Dr.King. Lucy Flawless who I loved seeing again by the way but she is just evil. Sophie I felt a tiny bit sad for cause she reminded me a bit of the Watcher like doing everything that is asked from her. That's what these powers does to you, it makes you do stuff you are not proud to do. To bad she died.

Chris/Daphne was funny to me in this episode. I didn't want Chris to find out about her abilities but it had to be done. Chris was just keep asking the same thing everyday. lol his suspicions just couldn't stop.

George and JJ teamwork THANKS!!!! I loved it and this episode had so much George, I was in happyland!

I love how Stephanie was able to win over Jim, I felt so sad for Stephanie in this episode when Jim left...Jim was very funny about it though.
"Then go be with her, this was our family Jim and you ruined it. I hope she's worth it.
"she is"
just a jerk. lol good he was under a spell.

The main reason I loved this episode is because I think Stephanie finally can understand what The Watcher was going through, even the fans can finally understand. The powers [in the beginning] makes you feel special, more special then you ever felt in your entire life and they are like forced to be evil. Even though Joshua wasn't in this episode, it just made me understand and love him so much more! The Watcher and Lucas has a lot in common and I'm a fan of both...and I feel sad for them both. Now back to Lucas, it just seemed like he trusted Steph so much. and I was just a little sad cause I knew what was going to happen, I was actually hoping that Steph wouldn't go through with it even though I knew she was but as I said, the best thing about this is she can finally understand that Joshua and everyone else [most of them] doesn't want to be evil. The difference with Lucas and Joshua is that Lucas was always evil and the powers made Joshua evil...Katie really has no idea how much she changed Joshua life.....on now again back to Lucas. I'm really hoping he turns good even though it's obvious he's be for the darkside.

EDIT: I really can't wait to see what powers Lucy Lawless character has.

Last edited by eternalfate; 03-01-2011 at 09:40 PM
Old 03-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

This episode was ok

Daphne/Chris were funny, how she kept erasing thought processes

George/JJ were great as well.

Sophie had George/Jim under a love spell the fight between those two funny and Jim left he's family for her he's reaction to the situation priceless. Felt bad for Steph she had no idea what the hell was going on, but she never gave up on Jim

Oh and that beginning scene of the Powell family keeping Katie company after her break up with the watcher was nice to see
Old 03-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree this episode wasn't really great but it was okay and not bad.

Yeah Jim went over board with his love for Sophie. and I knew Katie would try to do something to hide that broken heart.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I like how different he acted when he was under that spell, that was not like jim at all.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know...you liked under the spell Jim better then real!Jim?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:13 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrathanSupporter (View Post)
I guess he/she is saying he prefers him as a braindead villain than as a hero, to each his or her own I suppose...

Why doesn't it surprise me that they cast Tricia Helfer as a Temptress in the show? At least they did not name her Caprica 6! Is too bad they killed her character that fast too, guess they could not afford her.

I liked this episode and all the marriage and family angst it had against the backdrop of a temptress that can brainwash any male into doing her bidding.Sophie was as cold blooded as her Caprica 6 character if not more but her mysterious boss even more so the way she dispatched Sophie in the end.

All in all a pretty good episode I give a 9 out of 10 for this one...
Old 03-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
No not at all it was just funny to see, that's all.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

NOLA504 is a he, PunkMaister

I was surprised Sophie got killed off so early, they should have at least saved her just in case for a Season 2...I don't think Sophie was actually cold blooded:shrug; I think she just does what is asked of her like mostly everyone who was forced to get these abilities does.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I didn't like Lucas power
Old 03-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
I didn't like Lucas power
Same with me. but probably it's more to it then what we saw? lol the ability is perfect for a killer though.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:46 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Same with me. but probably it's more to it then what we saw? lol the ability is perfect for a killer though.
Well look at it this way, all that he needs now is to get an Adamantium skeleton and claws and presto invincible killer...

Seriously those claws were such an X-men Rippoff...
Old 03-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Reminded me of X-Men as well. but I wouldn't say it's a rip-off and all of that since all super power shows get each other's powers.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Yeah they do it just had wolverine feel to it though, so why not just go all the way and give him the full on claws then
Old 03-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I knew Lucas reminded me a bit of Joshua. everyone is being Wolverine on this show.:lol