Old 02-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Zendaya

1x15 "No Ordinary Powell" Episode Discussion

No Ordinary Powell
February 15th 2011
ABC Tuesdays 8/7c

The Powells' lives are in danger when Dr. King orders shape-shifter Victoria Morrow (Rebecca Mader, "Lost") to infiltrate the household and murder one of the family members; and JJ, with the aid of Daphne, attempts to solve the cold case murder of his ex-girlfriend Natalie's mother.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't wait for this episode, the preview looks great for it.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Zendaya

Yeah the episodes are getting better an better!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Julie Benz and Rebecca Mader (Victoria) are doing a live tweet as the show airs! I'll post up some of their responses to my questions. Are there are any you guys are dying to ask?
Old 02-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Zendaya

Didnt get a chance to watch the whole episodend, I'll finish watching tomorrow.

Oh cool, ask will Steph ever become a full time superhero?
Old 02-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't have a twitter so I can't ask anything.

I really enjoyed this episode, it seems like it just gets so much better.

IDK why but when Jim found that apartment, I really thought it belonged to The Watcher or something. cause I remembered him tracking the Powell's down and all of that BUT then I remembered that it seems like he is kind of living with Katie now.

JJ and Daphne don't they make the perfect team? I love how Daphne mind mojo doesn't work on JJ. Once Daphne did the mind controlling on him I was like "JJ YOU ARE A GENIUS" and then his super brain came to notice and he knew what Daphne had did. So yeah I was so proud of that, them two always finding out each other's secret first. I love them as a team. More Bro and Sis scenes please? I really love it. JJ/Natalie I enjoyed a bit more this week but still not a big fan but I do love the little build up they are getting to be in a relationship again, I'm happy they are not jumping into it. I agree with Natalie, that catching the killer won't bring her Mother back. nice that he gave her the necklace though.

Dr.King - At least we know he has feelings for Stephanie, interesting. It was shocking to me but makes things so much more interesting for the future episodes. Stephanie is going to pretend to be Victoria! I hope she succeeds and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

The Watcher, I love him more and more every week and it's nice that he really wants to be human - well normal but I really don't want him to loose his powers. I understand he doesn't want it but I love it for him, it suits him well. I guess we'll see what happens? I also love Katie telling Stephanie and Stephanie being the protective friend "no serum will protect you from me" she's really seems like the protective older sister. so yeah I loved that. I still wonder if someone will ever find out that he was the one who erased Daphne memories a while back? that will change a lot of things. The killings of course will as well so I can't wait to see how all that comes in to play.

George/Jim - they never fail to make the most amazing team ever! When Jim was really talking to Victoria, I was like "Really, Jim you don't notice anything off with George?" lol I'm glad that got resolved quickly.

Victoria...she was great at being everyone I was just waiting for everyone to track her down. The whole thing was great BUT she is dead...I don't know if I'm upset or happy about it. Happy because I was tired of her, it was disappointed me that she was being everyone else.:lol; Upset because the show needs more villains and Victoria was a great person for that role and pretty terrific at it.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm excited about Stephanie going under cover! SO cool!

I am so upset about Victoria dying, she was amazing! BUT I understand that they need to keep things fresh...her death has opened up a whole world of possibilities!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Zendaya

I liked the episode too, they are getting better an better!

Daphne/JJ were great playing kid detectives

George Victoria shot Jim, he should have known it wasn't George.

Katie/The watcher not much but it seems he wants to be a normal again not sure I believe him guess we'll see. And Steph being all protective of Katie was the best part

Stephanie can't wait to see her pull the undercover role off hopefully she doesn't get busted by Dr. King

Sucks Victoria is dead, I kinda liked her
Old 02-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I believe The Watcher wanting to be normal for Katie cause I think episode 11-13 proved that...he wasn't going to take the serum if his life depended on it. but to save Katie's life he had to do what he had to do.

I also learned that I love Daphne new power but I don't like when she use it on her family.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Zendaya

Yeah I didn't like her using it on her mom.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

Finally caught up with the episode, a few days late as usual.

- I'm glad Dr. King has finally learned that the Powells have powers. Given that he's been investigating them for months now, it's about time he learned what they can do.

- I liked watching Victoria impersonate everyone, but I'm okay with her getting killed off. Her arc was just about the right length for me. I wonder if Jim will have any guilt about killing her; that could be interesting.

- Enjoyed JJ and Daphne working together, and while I'm liking Daphne's persuasion power, it was nice to see that JJ is somewhat immune to it. Hopefully, if/when Daphne starts going too far with her powers, JJ can be there to give her a reality check.

- I also liked that Steph learned about The Watcher's powers, and that he was the one to help the Powells get rid of Victoria's body at the end of the episode. I love him with Katie, of course, but I also liked seeing him become an ally to the Powells against Dr. King.

Quote:
George Victoria shot Jim, he should have known it wasn't George.
Yeah, shooting Jim should have been a giveaway.
that a broken heart is blind
Old 02-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

My brother and I finally caught on the last few episodes, and wow.. this show just keeps getting better and better. Things are getting more fast paced.

The whole Impersonation thing threw me off.. it was hard to tell who was the real person.
I agree, it's about time Dr. King knew about their powers.. and more interesting, he wants Stephanie more than to find out about her powers
The last scene.. couldn't have been easy on her.

I LOVE the relationship between Kate/Joshua even though I wish he didn't have to use his powers on her.. But I can understand, because I think he is so afraid of losing her.. like she is everything he has left. The only and the one thing he loves most in this world.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

EDIT: Sorry for the dp. all
Old 02-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Jen always wonderful to see you. I totally 100000000% agree with you on the whole Katie/Joshua thing, I think I would have been more upset with mysterious if he used his powers on Katie for no reason at all but the way he thinks, is that he is going to lose her if she knows about his past and she is the only thing he really has left, he's even giving up his powers that at one time made him feel special, so yeah he's giving up everything and he can't tell Katie about his past until he is really sure or something...

I agree with you on the Impersonation, Victoria owned it. With George I caught on to that on admittedly. lol
Old 02-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tia! Yeah, I'm gonna try post here more.. now I have caught up on the show. I get so many shows to watch and then I end up falling behind

Yeah, I think what he was afraid of.. if he told her, she might run for the hills.. or be scared of him or something. He can't bare to lose her.
if he had used his powers on her for a reason that was unreasonable, I wouldn't like it. But the fact is, he did it because he couldn't bare to lose the one person that keeps him going and makes him want to live.