Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

Naomi and I have been discussing this, and we think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and we have very few regular posters. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 15 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. We would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let us know what you think. We'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

We recently hit the 100K, but as you see, this place is not what it used to be, anymore. We still love the show, obviously, and this place too, but it's sad to see it empty and without topics to talk about. We managed to keep it active until now, but we feel it's not right to only "survive" and post just because we have to stay above the weekly minimum.

So, what do you think about this possibility? We wait for your thoughts.

Thanks

Ila and Naomi

Old 06-28-2014, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know I haven't helped much here for the past month. I love the show so much & hate to see it possibly closing. I would love to participate in a rewatch. On most boards it doesn't seem like many are interested in participating in them though

icon: tumblr |B
Old 06-29-2014, 02:08 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Our main problem is not that we haven't users (that is a problem, but not the main one), it's the fact that we have nothing to talk about. Shane and Xander are in Salem, but Salem has its own board now, plus no one here watches it. Same for Sleepy Hollow: Lyndie is in it but even in the past no one said a word about it, here. Maggie's projects are yet to come, like Noah's and Aaron's. The others are doing nothing.

Except for Twitter I don't know where to follow them and I miss all the news. I saw Melinda's Dallas news only because I follow Ausiello on Twitter. I admit also that I stopped following Shane because of all his Salem's tweets

We can't really keep this board alive only playing games because that's not the board purpose. We haven't news, we haven't topics. It was almost impossible to finish a survivor, months ago.

We mods don't know where to find news, when there are some. Anyway even if we had them - and this is our second big problem - there wouldn't be users to comment. The fact that we haven't users doesn't encourage me at looking for stuff to post, honestly. It's already difficult on my other board (even if there I find several news and stuff, but there aren't peple to comment).

A rewatch would be difficult to move on, I think. Personally I don't even have all the DVDs and the reruns on tv goes too fast for (we have two episodes every day). I put up a rewatch months ago on Smash board and it was frustrating, because I was the ONLY one commenting all weeks, except for few episodes.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The board hasn't been all that busy in a while now sadly, I remember that for season 4 especially it seemed like only the Owen and Owen/Alex thread had regular posters Even a formally popular thread like the Mikita one was practically dead without the mods posting in it, and that was at a time when the show was still on and we had new scenes to talk about

It doesn't seem worth keeping it going if most of the posting each day is just for games threads and bumping them to get the bare minimum of posts. We really appreciate everyone who has helped out with the board right up to the end, we are just now wondering if it's worth carrying on when there's very little active board discussion
Old 06-29-2014, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

I love this show and the cast, but I do feel like it is time for closure. The show ended on good terms (as prematurely as the cancellation was) with a happy ending that I personally am quite satisfied with. I'm tremendously grateful that you guys have worked so hard to keep this board going even though I have not participated as much as I should have. Really it is hard to keep the discussions going with no new news to go by.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
I remember that for season 4 especially it seemed like only the Owen and Owen/Alex thread had regular posters Even a formally popular thread like the Mikita one was practically dead without the mods posting in it, and that was at a time when the show was still on and we had new scenes to talk about
Yeah. It was a shame because Mikita - but all the characters - had great moments.

Thanks for your thoughts, Jade

No matter what happen, this place will always be such a beautiful board, because of all the fans who stopped by and made it the place it is now. If we go, we do it after four years and 100K posts. We can't complain at all

Old 06-29-2014, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is a great board. I wish I was around during its prime time! And 100k is definitely something to be proud of

icon: tumblr |B
Old 06-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

We are

Old 06-30-2014, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
Yeah. It was a shame because Mikita - but all the characters - had great moments
Yeah it was more frustrating during season 4 (and even for season 3 things were very slow) because I felt like we had lots to talk about then, just not that many posters. But I can understand things slowing down now that the show is over. It is awesome that we managed to make it to 100K though!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:21 PM
Graphics Team

Aww I don't want this board to close I know I haven't been around here much, but I really do love this show.
It's probably the fact that I didn't even keep up with the episodes. Heck, I only have s1 on dvd. Honestly, I still have to catch up on the show... I'm shocked that I still haven't done that.

But, yeah this board hasn't been moving all that much, and it's sad though. If you do decide to close the board, I will be disappointed BUT I will totally understand.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 07-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yeah, the fact that we don't have news added to the fact that we haven't users made us think about this.

So you all feel like the closure is the thing to do?

Old 07-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww, I'm so sorry. I've been trying to post as often as I can, but I'm also doing the same with other boards that are in danger of closing, so I'm spread out pretty thin. I will post more here, and I don't want this board to close. I'm really happy I was able to help you reach the 100k mark. I like the idea of doing rewatches, but my work schedule is an overnight one and I don't know when I'd be able to make them. I'd hate to see this board close, but I'll understand whatever decision you make. I just want to say that I love the camaraderie here and I think you're all great to hang out with!
Old 07-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Oh bb

The thing is that even if you post more, you'd do it only to keep the board open: we don't have stuff to talk about and a rewatch is difficult because not everyone has the dvds.

In fact Jerry just told me that I can post the announcement about the closure: the board will be closed this Sunday.

Quote:
I just want to say that I love the camaraderie here and I think you're all great to hang out with!
You've been such a great fan to hang out with

Old 07-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You guys have all been awesome in helping us keep the post counts up It is just the case that the show is over now and we don't feel like there's that much more to talk about in most of the threads, at least not without just posting for the sake of posting