Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I tried that, thanks Spunky. I didn't see anything that I could close to help. I think it has something to do with the clips I'm using. It must be a bad clip, but I'm not sure how to find which clip is the bad one. :/

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

also if it's possible, try saving the file (and all the current work if you can) and try to open it on another computer and see if it's ok. it may be an issue w/ the file. (hopefully not for your sake.)
Old 10-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I finally got it to save by cutting out half the clips. Windows Movie Maker is very easy to use, but it seems to have a lot of problems. Well, for me anyway.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

yeah, microsoft sorta threw it together and let the dice fall as they may. glad you got it running though.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate hate hate my WMM at the moment! I can't figure out what's wrong. I was going to open it, but I only see that itr's open in the panel at the bottom of the computer and when clicked on it to get the biggest size it came up, but then I coudln't use the other stuff on the compute, so I made it smaller agaion and then it dissapeared again, but I could still see that the program was open. Then I thought that I could uninstall it and then install it againb, but nooo. It's not even in the control panel whjere you uninstall things! Anonje else had this problem?? I doubt it, but I thought I could ask
Old 11-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

try just installing it or trying to update it?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have tried that to install it again, but it doesn't work
Old 11-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

what happens when you try to reinstall it?
Old 11-18-2007, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

Perhaps someone here can help, I've honestly looked everywhere for advice.

Up until a few weeks ago, my WMM was working just fine, no complaints, but last weekend I went to make a video and noticed that everytime I clicked on a non-wmv file, the whole thing would freeze up and close on me with nothing besides a "Windows has Experienced an Error and Needs to Close" message, no explantion.

This makes it very hard to vid considering all my files are .avi and only a hanful are.wmv.

Now I could convert but it seems like such a long process if this is fixable. I've tried everything I know so if anyone can help, please do. I use Vista btw.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Is WMM uninstallable? That can sometimes fix things, uninstalling and reinstalling.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 12-31-2007, 12:13 AM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Two questions:

My WMM on my desktop doesn't want to upload a file. Everytime I try to upload it in, it pops with that same old 'needs to close' message. Could be the file, but when I uploaded it into the WMM on my laptop, it worked fine.

Also, my laptop runs with WV, so WMM is different. For one thing it uploads whole files and doesn't cut them up. Great on saving time, but not so much on editing scenes for vids. Is there anyway to get WMM to upload vids into smaller parts, or do I just have to take a couple of hours and edit vids into tiny parts everytime I want to make a vid?