Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-19-2008, 08:42 PM
New Fan

Photoshop cs3 help

Hey, I tried to google this, but I couldn't find anything so I hope someone can help me here.
I'm new to this whole photoshop thing and i'm trying to make some icons, but I don't have a clue about textures.

I know you can make them or download them, but I have know idea how to install them after i've downloaded them.
Some people have posted icon sized textures(100x100) as jpg's......I thought they have to be Psd file types in order to use them??? can someone explain,,,i'm confused.
Also if I can use the jpg's where do I save them, do i have to convert the file type?,,,,,is there a specific place on my computer I have to put them? and How exactly do I get them on my base/icon in photoshop?
(sorry for the dumb questions, but i'm an idiot
Old 01-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

If you find a JPEG texture, just save the image like you would save any file off the web. Save it wherever you would like. Then, to open it, just open it like you would any other file (File> Open). Then you use that image in something that you would make to add texture. You'd change the blend mode, the opacity, those sorts of things.

To use the texture, either build the art you want on top of it, or literally drag and drop the texture onto another file and it will appear as its own layer.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 02-25-2008, 02:51 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointofnoreturn (View Post)
Hey, I tried to google this, but I couldn't find anything so I hope someone can help me here.
I'm new to this whole photoshop thing and i'm trying to make some icons, but I don't have a clue about textures.

I know you can make them or download them, but I have know idea how to install them after i've downloaded them.
Some people have posted icon sized textures(100x100) as jpg's......I thought they have to be Psd file types in order to use them??? can someone explain,,,i'm confused.
Also if I can use the jpg's where do I save them, do i have to convert the file type?,,,,,is there a specific place on my computer I have to put them? and How exactly do I get them on my base/icon in photoshop?
(sorry for the dumb questions, but i'm an idiot
u can use the coreldraw and adobephotoshop to create and update the image. if use have the image in the different extension like .psd. rather then use the menu option open . use the import option. In the import option can open the any image with any extension and u can easy modify the image .