Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

is there not already a way in place to allow people to register for the site? if not you'd need to add a script that would do that.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks n e r b l e. I'll look into that.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Extreme Fan

I have a question. I'm going on spring break and I won't have access to a computer to transfer photos from my memory card. I know my memory card will run out of space before the end of the trip. I was going to buy another, but then I found this:
SanDisk MobileMate™ Memory Stick™ Plus Reader

Apparently you just plug your memory card into it and it stores all the pictures. What I was wondering though was, does the SanDisk need to be plugged into a computer for it to do this (because I won't have access to a computer)?

Thanks!
Old 02-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

DogStarBlack, I believe that what you have is only a memory card reader. This will only make transferring files to your computer possible without your original camera cord but you will still need the laptop to plug it into. So it is not what you are looking for. What you are looking for is a "Portable Digital Storage Device"

You can find very good ones with LCD screens, or simple ones that do not have them
Old 02-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Master Fan

I would just buy a big memory card. It'd be easier, and the prices on those have really come down. A 2 gig one should be plenty for a trip, and should be like $40 or $50.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 02-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

yeah, you can get usb thumb drives pretty cheap now. they sell them pretty much everywhere, even walmart.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Extreme Fan

So I have an html question. I've recently been put in charge of updating the website for a student group that I'm a part of. Now I don't really know html, but I am familiar enough with it to make some changes to the appearance of the site and the funny things front page likes to do.
All of our pages on the site have a sidebar on the side that has the navigation links. I was wondering if there would be any way to set the background color of the sidebar to transparent?

*edit* so I figure it out for the website, but I am still wondering if there is a way to set a color as transparent if you have to put in and html color code? Or if you simply don't put one and it will be transparent?

"I know things that would curdle your blood, including a formula that literally curdles blood!" -Hodgins
Avatar from CourtyJean at iconator.com

Last edited by Angel1432; 03-07-2008 at 12:34 PM
Old 03-13-2008, 04:20 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I can tell you what I know... so if you have an iframe you can just put allowtransparency="true" into the iframe tag. If you want to set one special color to transparency, you go to the stylesheets of the iframe: "filter: chroma (color=#XXXXXX)" with whatever color you want to have transparent. I'm not quite sure if that one really works, though... it's kinda not working with my browsers right now, but it used to, you'll just have to try it. If I'm not mistaken, other elements like tables and divs are usually transparent if you don't set a color.
I hope that could help you a little.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

if that doesn't do it could you link a page that has what you'd like it to do?