Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

looks fine to me!
Old 12-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, if you still see it in that screencap and none of us do, it has to be the monitor.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 12-30-2007, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeChiq (View Post)
I might just be imagining it I just feel like text used to be clearer.
I know what you mean! My IE looks like that too. I switched to Firefox ages ago, and since then IE was updated.. and whenever I switch over to IE it all looks wrong.. like it does in your cap... the text isn't as 'clean'.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:07 AM
Nab
Absolute Fan

On my desktop, I'm having an issue (again! I've had the thing less than two years and it's always something.) anyway, my screen is all wrong. About a third of it is all black. I can't even move the mouse over it. It's hortizal(sp?). I've messed with the menu, but nothing helped. I also tried that 'run - cmd -alt enter' thing, and that didn't work. It's something I clicked or pressed, I'm sure of it. I just don't know what to do. I tried looking other places for help, but everyone seems to say just messed with the menu. So, I've come here. Any ideas?

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:42 AM
Passionate Fan

You mean you can't stretch the screen with the monitor controls?
Old 12-31-2007, 12:58 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

No no, I can stretch the screen. The issue is that on the right side about a third of the screen is black. It stays black and I can't move my mouse over it or stretch the screen out to cover it. No matter what I do, it stays black. I think it might be a hardware issue.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Sounds more like your monitor isn't centering the image correctly anymore. I'm guessing that trying to move the image to the right won't work either?

Just to be sure, right now you get your full picture in two third of the screen, the other third being black, or is everything shifted to the left?
Old 12-31-2007, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

when your computer is loading into windows is it doing that also? like when you're seeing all the white print on black screen stuff or is it only in windows itself?
Old 12-31-2007, 06:00 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

The black screen appears to only have this issue once I enter windows.

Yes, when I try to move the image it doesn't work. The full picture in two third of the screen and the other is black. Nothing is shifted to the left. It's like the rest of the screen is there, it's just covered in black.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

My friend had the same problem a while ago, but on her monitor was an 'auto' button and after pressing that, her screen was good again. You also don't have a button like that?

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 01-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Mm, I'm not sure. I'm on an emachines, model T3418. I don't see an auto button on the monitor, just a menu button. I already tried that. All your friend did was press it? I'll try to look around and see what I can find. Sadly, the emachines site isn't much help.

However, you guys are. It's a shame none of you are here.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Passionate Fan

The only other setting I can think of should be in the Display Properties. If you access the Display Properties, right click on your desktop and select Properties, then go to the Settings tab and then the Advance button. You might have a tab related to your video card with more settings. One might be to move the screen, so you can try that one if you have it.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I tried it. The black space is less, however ther a black space on the upper v-side of the screen. I messed about in menu, and the screen looks much better.

Thanks a lot guys!

Old 01-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

glad we could help. that would drive me mad.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

I'm having troubles saving pictures like I used to, I don't know why? I normally use Firefox as my browser, but using the right click and save as doesn't work for either Firefox nor IE at the moment. Any suggestions? I've tried empy the cache and the cookies, and it didn't help. May I have pushed some key combination that now prevents me from saving pics? Any suggestions? I've tried several different places to save pics from, including places I know I'm allowed to snag pics from. And even from my own photobucket account, so it's got nothing to do with the sites it must be something to do with my computer.

:pulls hair out in desperation: