Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Master Fan

General Computer/Internet Help Thread #9: Keep those questions coming!

Go ahead and ask all of your computer and internet related questions here.

Last Thread.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 09-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

Two q's about yahoo and windows vista.

In internet explorer, is there a way to get rid of the yahoo search on the top?

And is there a way to get rid of the yahoo search that is always on the start bar?

I never use it. I like google better "lol:
Old 09-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

theoretically if you can find the "view" option you should be able to go to the toolbars submenu and then uncheck yahoo search. or go to add remove programs and see if it's in there and uninstall it.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

I already went to view>toolbars and unchecked the yahoo toolbar and the buttons went away, but there is still the yahoo search bar to the right of the address bar. I've tried rightclicking eveyrwhere on and around that bar but nothing comes up to allow me to disable it
Old 09-20-2007, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

I have a little problem. I bought an external harddrive today and moved my 'my music' folder there and deleted the folder from 'my documents' but when I click start I have 5 options like here on the right side. And when I clicked 'my music' there it would take me to the music folder immediately. But now, since I moved that folder to my external harddrive it won't open anymore.
Does anyone know if I can change the location of that shortcut, so it'll open my music folder immediately again?

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 10-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Hi, Dell just came to fix my computer, and when I turned it back on, the settings were all messed up. I think it somehow got set to widescreen, because whenever I open a window, photo, etc., the picture is distorted (i.e. stretched out). How can I change it back to normal? (I don't have a widescreen computer).
Thanks,
DogStarBlack
Old 10-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

denisetjuh1
Click on Start and then right-click the "music" button and go to properties and there is a tab that says "location". Click that and just change that location to your exteral

DogStarBlack
Try right-clicking your desktop and going under properties (or personalize if you have vista) and the desktop tab. See if you can change the resolution back
Old 10-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Passionate Fan

I got a question re: printers.

I'm thinking of buying a new printer. Would I need to delete the old printer profile under Control Panel->Printers and Faxes before I install the new printer's driver & software?

thanks
Old 10-07-2007, 05:31 AM
Elite Fan

I am having a problem with web outlook on vista. Whenever I try to check my mail and reply to something, it gives me the box with the x, like there is no picture availible. It also happens if I try and forward something. Like this.

I used to have XP and had no problems with using web outlook. My sister, who uses vista too, on her computer has the same problem. Is it IE? I feel like I have the most updated version though. I am up to date with windows update.

can anyone help?

thescoobygang
nope, you can have more than one installed at a time. Then you will have the option to print from either printer. You can set the default printer both printers are installed

Last edited by 4N6 DNA; 10-07-2007 at 05:46 AM
Old 10-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Supreme Fan

hi I have a PDF file which has like 36 pages that I want to print. I would like to make it so that I can have four of the pages print out on one page. sorry if this doesn't make much sense, but I want to have so it's like four thumbnails of the pages print out on one page.

can anyone tell me how to do that in adobe acrobat? thanks
Teri

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Old 10-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

4N6 DNA - i *think* it's a setting that keeps you from auto fwding go to the "tools" and then "options" menu and poke around there.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

How does one save attached files sent in a Hotmail e-mail to their computer? These are wma music files if that makes a difference. Clicking on the file itself just simply plays it in Windows Media, and right clicking only gives me the option to save the link as opposed to the actual file. :/ Oh, and I'm using Firefox and not Internet Explorer, just for reference. Apparently this is why I'm not getting a box that says Open, Save or Cancel like everyone else. Argh!

I'm probably being really thick but....help!
Old 10-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

so when you save link as it's not the wmv file?
Old 10-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lately my computer has been telling me that im running out of disk space. Im so confused.. what is this and how do I fix it?

It seems to be messing up everything on my computer. Like, it wont let me delete images anymore, and it causes sites to go whacky. and here, I used to be logged in 24/7 and now everytime i visit I have to sign in, its sooooo weird.

Can anyone help me?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

try looking for programs you don't use and uninstalling them. also you can move videos and other stuff to cd or an external hd. the other stuff is a virus or spyware issue probably.