Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Nora, WORD on the part Chelsea bolded. And to Chelsea's view on it.

I only like MJ because it's Gale Harold and I love QaF. Otherwise, I hate student/teacher couples. Blah. But it's Gale and he and Aly have great chemistry. it's a good way to spend your time, I say!

In a way, Dan is doing the right thing. He knows how the two of them are and if he wants to make it work with Savannah, he HAS to keep his distance.

But I don't see anything wrong with Dan not telling Marti about Savannah's involvement. Why should he have told her? It wasn't Dan's secret.... But the meaning of that conversation...that "needed" to happen for them to "progress" forward instead of being suck in that same place which led to "bad" things happening.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hope nobody minds a major M/J shipper (and minor D/M shipper) jumping in to this conversation. I got a slightly different vibe from the last scene at honor court and just wanted to throw in my .02 on the reason Marti showed up at Julian's office.

It wasn't all about Dan -- it was actually Marti realizing how lonely she is. In that scene the camera panned to Dan, who has Savannah and then to Lewis, who has Alice. But, who does Marti have to love and comfort her? The answer is NO ONE.

Even if you're not a fan of M/J, you can't deny that Marti's been attracted to Julian since the beginning of the season. (and vice versa for Julian) I think you'd have had to be blind to not notice the flirting, . In the "eating off his plate" scene Marti finally clued in to her attraction/feelings, and since Julian (unlike Dan) is AVAILABLE, Marti shows up at his office because she's tired of being ALONE.

So while I may prefer M/J to be the OTP, I think you could look at her going to Julian as a stepping stone to a D/M relationship. IMO, both Dan and Marti need to spend time in a committed relationship with their current significant other in order to have a "hope in hell" of working as a couple down the road. You know, that whole time and maturity thing.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
Nora, WORD on the part Chelsea bolded. And to Chelsea's view on it.

Quote:
In a way, Dan is doing the right thing. He knows how the two of them are and if he wants to make it work with Savannah, he HAS to keep his distance.
Exactly! Their situation is so heartbreaking.

Quote:
But I don't see anything wrong with Dan not telling Marti about Savannah's involvement. Why should he have told her? It wasn't Dan's secret.... But the meaning of that conversation...that "needed" to happen for them to "progress" forward instead of being suck in that same place which led to "bad" things happening.
Yeah. I think the conversation was less about Dan not telling her and much more about everything else in their relationship.

I made a couple arts. I'll post them in sequential order.

Quote:
“So.. you obviously knew Lewis was taking the fall for Savannah.”

..After we heard her arguing with Lewis, I asked her. She swore me to secrecy. I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you..”

”..I’m your best friend…”

And she’s my girlfriend..”

… *Marti sadfaces*

Quote:
Look, when I came back from New Oreleans, we both agreed that our relationship had to be different. So we don’t make the same mistakes…”

… *more Marti sadfaces*

So… now it’s different…”

… *even more Marti sadfaces

Quote:
*Dan's walking away... extra, extra Marti sadfaces*

M: “Th… that’s probably a good thing, huh?”

*Ultra extra Marti sadfaces*

D: “Yeah.. I think so..”

*Ultra extra, super duper Marti sadfaces*

D: “Hey, you want anything snack-y?”

J: “If I was a social scientist, instead of a lawyer, there’s one thing I’d like to research..”

M: “Yeah, what’s that?”

J: “Why women will tell you that they are not hungry and then proceed to eat right off your plate..

M: “I’m sorry, I never do that. Well.. except for Dan and the occassional boyfriend.”

M: “N-No.. I’m not hungry...

Their entire relationship just has sooo many layers and complexities to it and that conversation was no different.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

I hated Dan in that scene. Marti was so upset when he said those things. Marti and Dan both knows there's something but won't accept it.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

OMG! Chelsea, your *Marti sadfaces* is HILARIOUS! AND SO TRUE!

So, I was catching up on Nikita via CWTV.com last night and they had Hellcats "ads." And there was one all about Marti. And it said something like, "if she can't be with the one she loves (shows MD), then she'll love the one she's with (ML)." HOW EFFING AWESOME IS THAT? CW knows where it's at!

Alicia, I agree with you. MJ has been around since Julian first arrived. Aly and Gale have great chemistry. Though I only ship it because of Gale. I always get the urge to watch QaF after a Julian-episode. lol

Marti and Dan both NEED to move on or else they'll never get it right. So I'm happy, really happy, with where they are at at the moment.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

As much as I don't mind MJ, I actually quite like them I do think and agree that Marti only went to Julian because she was upset at Dan and lonely.

I do really wanna see MD sort through their feelings and get together

Old 04-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I just hope we get picked up because this IS a great show.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ me too!

Old 05-01-2011, 05:43 AM
Graphics Team

me three!
Old 05-01-2011, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Any idea when the decision is going to be made?
Emily
Old 05-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Graphics Team

they normally announce it by may... so we should get a decision soon. but it's very unlikely at this point that the show will be renewed..
Old 05-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

those scenes!!! the look on Marti's face when he said “And she’s my girlfriend..”
Old 05-03-2011, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle002 (View Post)
those scenes!!! the look on Marti's face when he said “And she’s my girlfriend..”
I know poor Marti

Old 05-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

Marti is totally realizing how much she cares about him and how much it hurts to see him with another girl

I really hope the season get renewed too! I try to tweet a bit the CW Network to tell them how much I enjoy the show but I doubt that will change anything! But still crossing my fingers! So much potential for DM & the whole show is cool!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauline<3 (View Post)
Marti is totally realizing how much she cares about him and how much it hurts to see him with another girl

I really hope the season get renewed too! I try to tweet a bit the CW Network to tell them how much I enjoy the show but I doubt that will change anything! But still crossing my fingers! So much potential for DM & the whole show is cool!
Yeh Marti is realizing her true feelings

There is a lot of potential in the Dan and Marti storyline, so lets hope we do get more episodes.