Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-10-2011, 02:04 AM
Extreme Fan

No, of course not. And it good this way.

The only thing that bugs me is when characters or ships are hated out of... principel, you know? And when I get chided for liking them, that's all.

But yeah... to each their own. It's all good

I have an opinion. So do you. If you respect mine, I will/do respect yours.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 07-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Extreme Fan

I have seen this... countless times and it still makes me sigh and squee to no end.

That was so worth staying up until 3am to watch it. I think I feel asleep with a very foolish grin on my face.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

What did you think about the fact that it seemed as if she came to him out of "loneliness"? That was what a lot of reviews stated and while I thought that that surely played a factor, I thought that this episode in particular did a good job at establishing their attraction and the events with Dan and at the end with Lewis and Alice and DS just added to it.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Extreme Fan

At first, I cringed a little bit, especially when I saw the preview of the episode. It made it seems like she went to him and kissed him to get her way, right? And in the episode, it did seem a little bit like she went there because she was lonely.

But I also think it was more than that. I actually just wrote about that in Back To You, that she went there because she was lonely, because she wanted to be with somebody (not necessarily looking for someone to make out with). But that she came back for different reasons.
I like what Aly said in one of the interviews, that there is a lot of "heart" between them. I like that they didn't portray it as pure sexual desire but as something more.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

I definitely agree with this. Of course, I prefer Dan and Marti, so I'm bound to see it as more of a lonely thing than anything else, but after 1x21, you simply can't deny that there is way more between them than some sexual desire. He liked her for her, he understood who Marti was and he reveled in it, you know? And as a fan of Marti, first and foremost, I loved that about them.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Im not a shipper but Im glad to know that he acutally did care for her.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 07-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucas_Is_Love (View Post)
I definitely agree with this. Of course, I prefer Dan and Marti, so I'm bound to see it as more of a lonely thing than anything else, but after 1x21, you simply can't deny that there is way more between them than some sexual desire. He liked her for her, he understood who Marti was and he reveled in it, you know? And as a fan of Marti, first and foremost, I loved that about them.
As you know, I prefer Dan and Marti as friends over them as a couple for numerous reason.

But I know what you mean. And it did seem like like a lonely thing at first. And they probably could have worked that angle with another character other than Marti.
I think what worked for them (and yeah, this is the shipper talking) is that she is more mature for her age. Not that she wouldn't go out looking for a little fun, but at the same time I believe she wouldn't go to him just looking for it. That, like you said (and coincidentally as I wrote in the fic), she came to him because he understood her and respected her atc. And I think they both cared too much for each other already than to just... go for a one-night-stand.

I really liked how they skipped all the: "OMG what have we done, what is this that we do" kind of thing, by establishing that relationship in 2x21 right away, that everybody knew they were seeing each other.

I mean... I know they probably would have broken up anyway (for whatever reason) but I like to believe that for the time being, it was more than just a fling.

Oh dear... this ranty... *hides*

Old 07-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

They do seem to be more then a fling.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xheartrockx (View Post)
As you know, I prefer Dan and Marti as friends over them as a couple for numerous reason.

But I know what you mean. And it did seem like like a lonely thing at first. And they probably could have worked that angle with another character other than Marti.
I think what worked for them (and yeah, this is the shipper talking) is that she is more mature for her age. Not that she wouldn't go out looking for a little fun, but at the same time I believe she wouldn't go to him just looking for it. That, like you said (and coincidentally as I wrote in the fic), she came to him because he understood her and respected her atc. And I think they both cared too much for each other already than to just... go for a one-night-stand.

I really liked how they skipped all the: "OMG what have we done, what is this that we do" kind of thing, by establishing that relationship in 2x21 right away, that everybody knew they were seeing each other.

I mean... I know they probably would have broken up anyway (for whatever reason) but I like to believe that for the time being, it was more than just a fling.

Oh dear... this ranty... *hides*
I'm thankful for this post! It's finally some real conversation again!

I agree completely. Marti was incredibly mature and strong and wonderful. She had alot of similar interests and personality traits as Julian and they were definitely compatible as more than just some one-night-stand.

And I bolded what I loved the most! They completely skipped any possible immaturity that could come into their relationship and unnecessary drama (which It's what I loved about Hellcats the most - it never took the cheap writing route simply for cheap drama, i.e. - Marti/Savannah's fight was wrapped up quickly, etc.) that could've come between them. It automatically helped the audience understand that this wasn't some fling, even if it wasn't forever.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Marti is too mature for all that drama
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 07-15-2011, 06:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucas_Is_Love (View Post)
I'm thankful for this post! It's finally some real conversation again!
I try my little best. I love these two so much and it's great to have a place to talk about them.

Quote:
I agree completely. Marti was incredibly mature and strong and wonderful. She had alot of similar interests and personality traits as Julian and they were definitely compatible as more than just some one-night-stand.
Exactly. I know a few people were a little annoyed by Marti sometimes but I think they gave a "reason" to be as grown up, as mature. She had to take care of her mom as well as herself. And she was never...what's the word... well, she took charge but never tried to boss everyone around.

Quote:
And I bolded what I loved the most! They completely skipped any possible immaturity that could come into their relationship and unnecessary drama (which It's what I loved about Hellcats the most - it never took the cheap writing route simply for cheap drama, i.e. - Marti/Savannah's fight was wrapped up quickly, etc.) that could've come between them. It automatically helped the audience understand that this wasn't some fling, even if it wasn't forever.
I totally agree. There were some things that could have been dealt with a little more maturely but overall, it wasn't as... ditzy as it could have been.
However, I was a bit surprised when they had them all know in the beginning of 1.21. The end of 1.20 kind of made it seem like they were still secretive about it. But then, we don't know how much time had passed between these two episodes, so....

Old 07-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 07-16-2011, 05:43 AM
Extreme Fan

*sigh* I really can't get enough of these two...

Old 07-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

even with the show getting cancelled and no more MJ ever they still one of my top6 couples.

"i'm not weird, i'm limited edition "