Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

They definitely didn't get explored nearly enough!
Old 06-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Old 06-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it's so sad it got cancelled and we don't get any new MJ scens.

"i'm not weird, i'm limited edition "

Old 06-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

I thought that I would hate them, but they were surprisingly hot and intense. Loved the scene where she asked him to tell her the things he liked about her.

ps, add me to the list
Old 06-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

That was a sweet scene
Adding you now!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 07-07-2011, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The board seems sleeping...

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 07-07-2011, 05:36 AM
Extreme Fan

To keep this a active... what do you guys think would have happened with these two in a second season?

I have an opinion. So do you. If you respect mine, I will/do respect yours.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A break up.
That's why I'm totally happy with the end... more or less.

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 07-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, that's what I thought, too.
I have my speculation on how they'd do it but... now sharing. I'll save those for something else

Old 07-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

Aww, no, I'd love to hear your speculation!
I don't think how these two would break up or why...
Old 07-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Nah, I won't tell for now. I have a bit of a... secret side project going on for which I play to use the idea for, so...

Too bad, Ryan Murphy is a Marti/Dan shipper, so... I guess since he pretty much announced them as the endgame couple....

Old 07-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Oohh, if this plan involves more fanfiction, I can definitely wait.

I definitely don't have any complaints about Kevin preferring DM, because I adore them, but it's clear that he didn't dislike Marti and Julian by any means because he wrote them beautifully.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:05 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't have anything again DM per se, don't get me wrong. What... "bothered" me about them is that it's yet again another best-friends-turned-lovers-story. I wish that for once they would have stayed away from that, showing that a guy and a girl who have been friends their entire lives can be nothing but friends...

Anyway... back to topic. Yeah, it is kind of fanfic-ish project. Something I might even discuss with you mods *is super secretive* I'll let you know what it's ready.

I found it a bit that a LOT of people were complaining about JM. I mean... what did they expect? You don't cast a guy like that, set up his character and relationship with the character like that and don't have them go there. At least to me, it was quite obvious from their very first scene.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xheartrockx (View Post)
I don't have anything again DM per se, don't get me wrong. What... "bothered" me about them is that it's yet again another best-friends-turned-lovers-story. I wish that for once they would have stayed away from that, showing that a guy and a girl who have been friends their entire lives can be nothing but friends...

Anyway... back to topic. Yeah, it is kind of fanfic-ish project. Something I might even discuss with you mods *is super secretive* I'll let you know what it's ready.

I found it a bit that a LOT of people were complaining about JM. I mean... what did they expect? You don't cast a guy like that, set up his character and relationship with the character like that and don't have them go there. At least to me, it was quite obvious from their very first scene.
Something about those stories, as long as they are told correctly, always get to me (hence my love for NS - more so from the GG books than the show. ). And with DM, it was more about their story than just the best-friends aspect. I just loved the depth of it.. all the hurt and the angst that came along with what happened when they were teens, how it affected Marti in such a profound way - all of her trust issues and inability to truly open up to anyone since Dan - and the way that Dan had never gotten over her either. I just loved the way it was told. It wasn't shoved it our faces from the beginning, but the layers between them were subtly pulled back, like in 1x05 when it was clear that Marti was feeling more than she wanted to about DS. And it just got better from there. The story was crafted and explained and shown so wonderfully.

That sounds awesome! I'll definitely help out in any way I can!

People were complaining? I thought that they had an insane amount of chemistry, what's there to complain about? But I didn't see it from the beginning either, honestly. Maybe that's just 'cause of Marti's tendency to be so headstrong, but, I don't know... They definitely had "it" in spades as the episodes progressed though, so no complaints from me.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucas_Is_Love (View Post)
Something about those stories, as long as they are told correctly, always get to me (hence my love for NS - more so from the GG books than the show. ). And with DM, it was more about their story than just the best-friends aspect. I just loved the depth of it.. all the hurt and the angst that came along with what happened when they were teens, how it affected Marti in such a profound way - all of her trust issues and inability to truly open up to anyone since Dan - and the way that Dan had never gotten over her either. I just loved the way it was told. It wasn't shoved it our faces from the beginning, but the layers between them were subtly pulled back, like in 1x05 when it was clear that Marti was feeling more than she wanted to about DS. And it just got better from there. The story was crafted and explained and shown so wonderfully.
Yeah, I can see that... I guess what bothered me the most was the moment when Wanda went to him and told to go get her. To me, it seemed like he was perfectly happy with Savannah and wouldn't have considered going after Marti again...

But maybe that is the JM in me talking... but hey... to each their own, right?

Quote:
That sounds awesome! I'll definitely help out in any way I can!
I hope it'll work out. I'm really exited about this

Quote:
People were complaining? I thought that they had an insane amount of chemistry, what's there to complain about? But I didn't see it from the beginning either, honestly. Maybe that's just 'cause of Marti's tendency to be so headstrong, but, I don't know... They definitely had "it" in spades as the episodes progressed though, so no complaints from me.
Well, I came to the show a little late. I started watching Queer as Folk around Christmas, then started to check out Gale's other project. At first I only watched his episode but then caught up on the rest, so I'm a little biased when it comes to him

But yeah... a lot of the fans (those I know) don't particularly like him with female characters. To say the least. When the first scenes of them kissing showed up, they went "wrong blond" all over the place. One even called their relationship "gross", yet failed to say why...
I mean... just because one is a fan of a certain actor, doesn't mean they got to love everything. I know that. And I don't like some of the stuff he has done. But sometimes it's really... yeah, it's insane.. the amount of disapproval against anything other than QaF.