Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Graphics Team

it's not okay if people get upset and i think the discussion is getting a bit too agressive and i'm not blaming it on anyone here. maybe we should postpone this discussion to a later date, when everyone has been able to calm down! i wasn't even part of the discussion for the past few hours and i don't see the point in discussing this topic if people obviously won't agree. we all stated our opinion and that's fine but i think it's okay now.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

I can't help it if people are too sensitive and can't handle a discussion. I'm not upset over anything. if we post pone it, you might as well say we cant have any discussion if you dont agree with it. If we all agreed to disagree there would be no point of a discussion thread, or even board.

Tori
Old 05-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't Have You (View Post)
I can't help it if people are too sensitive and can't handle a discussion. I'm not upset over anything. if we post pone it, you might as well say we cant have any discussion if you dont agree with it. If we all agreed to disagree there would be no point of a discussion thread, or even board.
uhm look i never said that i couldn't handle another opinion, like i said i wasn't even part of this discussion, but if someone says that they don't want to argue over this anymore i think we should respect their wishes.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

I never said you were either. if people don't want to argue then they shouldn't reply back....

Tori
Old 05-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I certainly wasn't trying to argue, I was simply stating an opinion. Some people can't seem to handle that, and insist on shoving their own opinion down other's throats. That's not discussing anymore.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

It wasnt an opinion when you said the word "facts" as if you know how everybody feels.

And nobody was "shoving" anything down your throat. Just coming back with a stronger point then you were making thats all. And with that, I've made my point.

Can't wait to see what the ratings will be for tomorrow night. And hopefully they'll be a little higher than last week and we can get at least 13 episodes next season to end it right.

Tori
Old 05-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Things got rather heated in here.

It's fine to have different opinions, but everybody needs to remember to be respectful of each other. If you have further personal issues, please take it to PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Thanks for the reminder Chris.

Tori
Old 05-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Graphics Team

thanks for your help chris.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Hellcats (Viewers: #5, 969,000; A18-49: #5, 0.4/ 1)

Not good girls.

Tori
Old 05-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Graphics Team

are those this or last weeks ratings?
Old 05-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Nope, those are this weeks. Though they are not the final. Those will probably posted sometime tonight or tomorrow and I'll bring them over when they are.

This is last weeks final numbers: 0.979 million viewers. So the ratings still dropped.

Tori
Old 05-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Graphics Team

that's bad... really really bad.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Yes it is

Tori
Old 05-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay I don't know what discussion was going on in this thread but I had to say this and I know that some fanbases will not agree with me but this post is coming from a person who does not ship Marti/Dan or Dan/Savannah but I was here since the very first episode of this show and I always checked out reviews and everything so here we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle002 (View Post)
yeah, see idk, because I personally like the storylines on HC, so I don't understand why they aren't getting the ratings. Also, OTH had a love triangle in season 1 AND the music storyline in season 1, just like HC. So I don't think either of those things are a factor. I think maybe it's something else. What that is, I have no idea. But I don't think its the singing or love triangle thing, as many shows have both of those.
As you said OTH did the same thing and that's the problem. fans are tired of seeing the same thing if you don't believe me you can go way back to when episode 1x08 aired. Check out the episode discussions and reviews. A lot of people kept declaring they would quit the show [me including] because it was just too rushed and predictable. I guess everyone assumed if you watched Gossip Girl and OTH you seen them all.

Here see for yourself: Oh No They Didn't! - Hellcats 1.9 Finish What We Started preview

Quote:
@rissaroo_lj: why can't there ever just be a 100% platonic male/female friendship on tv these days.
Quote:
@yourlivewire_lj: i am so disappointed they went down this road.

not surprised. but disappointed.
So much more comments.

Here goes another site, the start 1x08.
Quote:
As surprised as I was, the episode couldn’t have been more boring though. One lame storyline after another, one predictable twist after another, and it wasn’t fun to watch the episode, since I haven’t develop any interest in any of it.
Source: TV Review: HELLCATS � A Man. And His Blog.

Right now it seems like the writers are trying to fix their mistakes by making Marti/Dan friends again and putting Dan/Savannah back together like how it was in the beginning of the show and that just made the show even more crazier to me. because Savannah [in my POV] shouldn't have took Dan back and what would stop Marti/Dan for having those feelings for each other get unleashed again?

Since I watched the early episode loyalty in the first couple episodes I really remember when it start going downhill for me and it was 1x08....
I think a lot of fans loved the triangle but it just wasn't needed at all since nothing got accomplished from it. Just a waste of time. They should have just stook to cheerleading and being original. They aren't high school. They are in college, that was original.

So I'm not looking into this with shipping blinders on or favorite characters blinders on but I think it was pretty obvious that fans became [started to] become uninteresting in 1x08...and then more in 1x09 and then even more and 1x10 and then even more when the show took a hiatus and came back for 1x12: the episode where everything got resolved so quickly that a person can really forget what was everyone even arguing about to being with.

Some viewers saw this show as predictable because the triangle had started in the beginning of the season but I think that fans wanted to stick around and hope this show proved them wrong. Some people were hoping Dan/Marti were the Lucas/Haley of Hellcats that the writers wouldn't go there and then the writers went there and all went to downhill. For me anyway. I officially for good got tired of the show in episode 1x11. I still watch though cause I want to be supportive.