Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Enlightened (View Post)
the thing is a show that has been airing for 8 years has it's loyal fanbase and they can practically do whatever they want with oth because those fans will always tune in no matter what. but hellcats is new so it's harder to actually get a loyal fanbase and a bad storyline in season one is not really helping either. let's face it, the show is a sinking ship. and maybe we had the whole triangle thing coming but that doesn't mean that people actually like it.
yeah, see idk, because I personally like the storylines on HC, so I don't understand why they aren't getting the ratings. Also, OTH had a love triangle in season 1 AND the music storyline in season 1, just like HC. So I don't think either of those things are a factor. I think maybe it's something else. What that is, I have no idea. But I don't think its the singing or love triangle thing, as many shows have both of those.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle002 (View Post)
ITA. The triangle thing was obvious from the beginning. As for the singing, I don't think it has anything to do with the ratings. Marti started singing on the show right from the get go, so to say the ratings have went down from her singing seems way too far fetched. The show, similar to OTH, has a music background to it. OTH brings in a new musician every single season, and do you think rating go down because of that? no. Some shows just don't make it past the first season for various reasons, but I don't think anyone can sit here and say that HC may be cancelled because of Aly singing. I really do hope it is renewed because I love the series so far and would love to see it continue. I think the storylines are great and I would love to see more.
This so much...........if it were Ashley/Savannah singing on the show, I think people would certainly be singing a different tune. pun intended
Quote:
the thing is a show that has been airing for 8 years has it#s loyal fanbase and they can practically do whatever they want with oth
OTH couldnt do whatever it wanted, in season 1. I think Danielle was saying that to say having Aly sing on the show is just some horrible thing, would be like having music on OTH is outrageous and so out of the ordinary for the show.

Quote:
the show is a sinking ship
We arent saying its not, because it very obviously is. But putting the blame on Aly/Marti for singing, and for AJ coming onto the show when she's only been on our screens for less than 5 mins is just INSANE.
Quote:
but that doesn't mean that people actually like it
Once again, we arent saying people had to like it, but most people saw the triangle coming A MILE AWAY. I think if they didnt like it, they would have tuned out much earlier and not just dropped all of a sudden. Just like Danielle said most shows have triangles. It would be pretty hard for people to find shows that dont have triangles, so once again its not out of the ordinary to see it. So I cant see the triangle being a big part of the reason for low ratings either. A little factor yes, but one of the main, no I just dont see it.

Tori
Old 05-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle002 (View Post)
yeah, see idk, because I personally like the storylines on HC, so I don't understand why they aren't getting the ratings. Also, OTH had a love triangle in season 1 AND the music storyline in season 1, just like HC. So I don't think either of those things are a factor. I think maybe it's something else. What that is, I have no idea. But I don't think its the singing or love triangle thing, as many shows have both of those.
maybe that's the point they have already seen that sl too many times.

look tori, i never said that it was because of aly's singing or aj i think it's the storyline in general and well maybe we just have to agree to disagree.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Quote:
maybe that's the point they have already seen that sl too many times.
Then people will be lost for a very long time if they get tired of seeing triangle storylines on TV/Movies.

I hate using this as an excuse for anything ~fail and especially ~repeated storylines, but its the CW, did people expect anything better?

I'm not trying to start a fight either. Nobody's fighting, just having a discussion. But a few others did say that it was because of Aly's singing and AJ being on the show.

Tori
Old 05-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Graphics Team

Quote:
i don't think it's because of aly/aj or aly singing either... it's just that the show needs better storylines and should not follow clichés like it did. the dynamic of the show was different in the beginning and then they aded that triangle thing and it all blew up in their faces!!!!!!!
i actually said the exact opposite.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

And I fixed my post.

But ever since the news came out that AJ was going to be on the show everybody has been throwing around the phrase, "its going to change the dynamic up the show" so it was implied.

Tori
Old 05-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Graphics Team

hmm i don't think it's aj that changes the dynamic of show... i mean i'm not going to lie i'm no big fan of that half-sister storyline but that has nothing to do with aj but rather the fact that i'm no big fan of those long lost family member storylines in general. and of course aj didn't ruin the show in those 5 minutes she has been on it. that would be ridiculous. it's a lot of things that don't work with this show, the triangle only being one of them. i can't even really name what's missing, but if the show doesn't get better ratings next week, nothing is going to help anymore. so let's just hope for some kind of miracle.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really hope this week gets better ratings, cause I want another season so bad.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

I'm glad you dont feel that way. And I've been reading so much hate unwarranted hate for Aly/AJ these days that I probably took some of that out on you, and I didnt mean to.

But like you said, unless there is some miracle, I dont look for HC to be back. Which sucks because I love this show, and it really is a good show.

Tori
Old 05-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really love this show. And it sucks that bad ratings might stop it from coming back. But I don't think that Aly/AJ, love triangles can be solely to blame. That's unrealistic. Like people have said on here, love triangles are on the CW all the time, the OTH one drove me round the bend but didn't stop me watching the show, Aly's been singing since episode 3/4.
It is a large emsemble cast, falling ratings can't just be blamed on one person or one storyline. That's my opinion and this board is supposed to be positive and in favour of all cast members/characters. There is enough bashing on the Net without coming on here and reading it.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Nahh I dont think the triangle was just "thrown" in there. Anybody could see that thing coming a mile away. So I dont think that was as big of a shock to most people that they'd absolutely hate the show and tune out.
I'm not assuming, I'm stating. I looked around the internet a lot, and a lot of people did not see this coming, and stopped watching.

Quote:
I think people are blowing AJ joining the cast WAY out of proportion. They've always worked together, it is NO surprise to me. And as I've said before, I am pretty excited for her coming on to the show, it will bring something new to it. And she works at a music studio, their dad is a musician.....you guys actually think they wont sing? Come on people, how can you not see this?
Once again, look around on the internet. This hurt the show, and it hurt it bad. And them singing together will make it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't Have You (View Post)
This so much...........if it were Ashley/Savannah singing on the show, I think people would certainly be singing a different tune. pun intended
Let me repeat what I have said before: I am glad Ashley is not singing on this show, it would not have made sense, it's not what the show is about and it's not what people want to see. My honest opinion.

Point is, this show is going downhill for obvious reasons. There are a lot of people out there complaining, and if the writers don't take their opinion into account, it's gonna get worse. None of us want that to happen.

Why is everyone being so mean? These are facts, none of us are making this up. Look at the ratings, listen to the (ex-)viewers.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Nobody is being mean? We are having a discussion.

And these are not facts. These are opinions. From people online. The online fandom does NOT make up 100% of the hellcats fanbase. Unless you personally talk to every single fan of HC do not throw around the word facts.

How can you say marti singing on the show is not what the show is about? How many times has she sang? How many times has it been brought up that her dad is/was a singer?

And I'm sorry but I will not let someone who has been on our screen for 5 minutes take the blame. If you can't enjoy a show because a character is going to be on the show more than you like then honestly you should not be watching. The show is SO much more than that. And this whole argument is just ridiculous.

Tori
Old 05-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't Have You (View Post)
Nobody is being mean? We are having a discussion.

And these are not facts. These are opinions. From people online. The online fandom does NOT make up 100% of the hellcats fanbase. Unless you personally talk to every single fan of HC do not throw around the word facts.

How can you say marti singing on the show is not what the show is about? How many times has she sang? How many times has it been brought up that her dad is/was a singer?

And I'm sorry but I will not let someone who has been on our screen for 5 minutes take the blame. If you can't enjoy a show because a character is going to be on the show more than you like then honestly you should not be watching. The show is SO much more than that. And this whole argument is just ridiculous.
Don't give my words a twist. For one, I said Ashley singing on the show wouldn't make sense. You can go back and read it again if you'd like.

About everything else, I'm not even gonna argue, because everything I say is being interpreted differently anyway.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Graphics Team

Okay, i think that's enough for the day. i don't think we will come to the same conclusion and i don't want this to end badly. we already had people complaining about the negative tone on this board these past few days and i don't think it makes much sense to continue the discussion at this point. so please, calm down everyone....
Old 05-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Nobody's twistin your words. You said Ashley and I said aly. When I said IF Ashley would sing you said you wouldn't like it just like you don't with Aly. Which is why I said what I said about aly.

It's being interpreted how it's being said. It's the internet you can't say what you think and have everybody see It the way you see it.

You think the triangle and a character whose been on the show for less than 5 Mins destroyed the show that has been failing since the beginning. And I and many people disagree with you.

I'm calm as I said we are just havin a discussion on a discussion thread. Nothing wrong with that.

It's a tv show board people are going to disagree about everything. If we stop discussing everytime you disagree in an argument everything would be boring.

Tori

Last edited by Can't Have You; 05-02-2011 at 02:19 PM