Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Villian (Wo Fat | Mark Dacascos) #01 ~ The Most Wanted Villian!!

Welcome..

To the 1th. Most wanted villain!!

Played by Mark Dacascos

History
Wo Fat, a crime lord and mastermind with ties to the yakuza, arms merchants, terrorists, even high-ranking government officials, and possibly behind the murders of McGarrett's father. He is also responsible for setting up Steve McGarrett for the murder of the Governor, and ordered Victor Hesse to kill McGarrett to prevent him from investigating further before murdering Hesse himself.

His Fans...

01. Immunity
02. Si_Crazy
03. -Fated to Love-
04. Crazyfor5-0
05. CityGal

About Mark Dacascos
Mark Alan Dacascos (born February 26, 1964) is an American actor and martial artist. He won numerous karate and various styles of kung fu championships between the ages of 7 and 18.

Beginning in January 2005, Dacascos has portrayed the Chairman on Food Network's television series Iron Chef America. This role was previously played by Takeshi Kaga in the original Japanese Iron Chef, and Dacascos' character is presented as Kaga's nephew, though the actors are not related.

Some of his other roles include the recurring character of Wo Fat in the CBS series Hawaii Five-0, Kung Lao in the Kevin Tancharoen web-series Mortal Kombat: Legacy, Eric Draven in The Crow: Stairway to Heaven, Eubulon, the Advent Master, on Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, the role of "Mani" in the French film Brotherhood of the Wolf and the lead role of "Crying Freeman" in the film of the same name.
Dacascos competed in season 9 of Dancing with the Stars. His partner was Lacey Schwimmer. That season had 16 couples and Lacey and Mark took 6th place, being eliminated in the 7th episode.

Last edited by CityGal; 07-25-2016 at 11:05 PM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for the Thread, Lena!
Please, add me to the list
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome hon
Done I've added you
Old 02-19-2013, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

Add me too

He is one guy, no matter how hard I try I cant hate He is the perfect villain, cool, calm and collected. So arrogant.
I just love him.
Is it somehow that I love a villain so much

PS: Lena, I think you made a little spelling mistake under the last photo. Isnt his name Mark Dacascos, you have written Mark Bacascos
Old 02-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Villain Wo Fat

I really like Mark Dacascos. I grew up watching his action movies in the 90's i.e. "The Crying freeman" or "Brotherhood of the wolves". I was surprised at first to see him as a bad guy but I quickly accepted as ruthless and sadistic killer. Now I am curious what is his connection to Doris - please let him NOT BE HER SON. It would be mother of all cliches, I can bear any radiculous explanation but not him being Steve's half-brother.
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fated to Love- (View Post)
Add me too

He is one guy, no matter how hard I try I cant hate He is the perfect villain, cool, calm and collected. So arrogant.
I just love him.
Is it somehow that I love a villain so much

PS: Lena, I think you made a little spelling mistake under the last photo. Isnt his name Mark Dacascos, you have written Mark Bacascos
I added you Ixx

Thanks for telling me I've fixed it

Quote:
Now I am curious what is his connection to Doris - please let him NOT BE HER SON. It would be mother of all cliches, I can bear any radiculous explanation but not him being Steve's half-brother.
Ditto here! It would be so cheap if Wo-Fat turns out to be Steve half brother the writers have to come up with something spectacular which no one expected. keep my fingers crossed because H5O doesn't have the best writers in the world.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've read a lot of different comments on the web about people hoping that WoFat does not end up being Doris' son. But, I can't help thinking that he possibly may be McGarrett's half-brother from his father! What a shock that would be.

On the other hand, another explanation for Doris not killing him may be that she's a double agent.

Whatever happens, I like WoFat! He is a great actor, and I enjoy seeing him on the show.
50fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Ditto here! It would be so cheap if Wo-Fat turns out to be Steve half brother the writers have to come up with something spectacular which no one expected. keep my fingers crossed because H5O doesn't have the best writers in the world.
You're being too kind here... let's be honest, lately the writing sucks!
I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB went along with that SL.... they seem to have a soft spot for the melodramatic soap opera path.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I've read a lot of different comments on the web about people hoping that WoFat does not end up being Doris' son. But, I can't help thinking that he possibly may be McGarrett's half-brother from his father! What a shock that would be.

On the other hand, another explanation for Doris not killing him may be that she's a double agent.

Whatever happens, I like WoFat! He is a great actor, and I enjoy seeing him on the show.
I was thinking that it was from Doris side we know she worked undercover as a spy at Wo-Fat father house so maybe Wo-Fat recognized her and thats why he didn't kill her in the safe house.
I always enjoy his scene's with Steve he is a great Villian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
You're being too kind here... let's be honest, lately the writing sucks!
I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB went along with that SL.... they seem to have a soft spot for the melodramatic soap opera path.
If that happens they can move H5O to daytime!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Your most welcome Lena

I agree the writing sucks. And I miss seeing more of Wo Fat. I dont know why Doris let him live, but I am so glad that she did

As for their relationship, I agree with Lena, maybe its the Doris working undercover for Wo Fat's father. Maybe she as like a mother figure to him.
But no making him Steve's half brother

I am so going to stop watching the show, if they make Steve/Wo Fat half brothers.
Agree with Si, TPTB do love melodrama
Old 02-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Add me please please please!!!

As with everything and everyone else on the show the writing for Wo Fat has gone downhill. He is a GREAT villian; some of the better scenes are when he and Steve butt heads. And Mark is great actor and deserves better.

And please don't take the cheap way out and have Steve and Wo Fat half brothers!!

By the way has anyone seen him on Iron Chef?
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

Welcome Crazyfor5-0

I love when he and Steve butt heads Their scenes were really great to watch.

I cant say that I have seen on Iron Chef
Old 02-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfor5-0 (View Post)
Done!

Quote:
And please don't take the cheap way out and have Steve and Wo Fat half brothers!!
If that's the road TPTB takes, they're just lazy. C'mon it's as near the ridiculous as it could get. Bringing Doris back to life as a super spy that faked her death was already enough bad plot for the whole show.

And nope... I haven't seen him in Iron Chef
Old 02-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

As with everything and everyone else on the show the writing for Wo Fat has gone downhill. He is a GREAT villian; some of the better scenes are when he and Steve butt heads. And Mark is great actor and deserves better.

By the way has anyone seen him on Iron Chef?

If Peter and Co will go that route I am afraid what the fan base will do it would be so cheap.

And if it turs out they will be half brothers what will Peter do Steve killing his half brother I have already seen that on NCIS where Ziva killed her half brother
Old 02-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

We need to see something new. Not the plots already used in other shows so many times.
Steve/Wo Fat shouldnt be half brothers. Its unacceptable.
But Peter and Co would do whatever they please