Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2013, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Taylor Appreciation #13: B/C "I am just a simple guy. I like to relax at home and have quiet days." - Taylor Lautner

Welcome to the 13th Taylor Lautner
general appreciation thread

Taylor Lautner

Born on February 11th, 1992 in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Taylor Daniel Lautner has shown he was destined for a successful life from a very young age. He began studying karate at the age of six, training at Fabiano’s Karate School, and by the following year, he was already winning tournaments. He was soon invited to train with seven-time world karate champion Mike Chat and, when he was eight, he was asked to represent his country in the twelve years and under division in the World Karate Association where he proved himself by becoming the Junior World Forms and Weapons champion, winning three gold medals. He continued to flourish in the martial arts circuit; in 2003, at only eleven years old, he was ranks number one in the world for NASKA’s Black Belt Open Forms, Musical Weapons, Traditional Weapons and Traditional Forms and and, by the age of twelve, he had three Junior World Championships under his “black belt”.

However, in addition to his love for karate, Taylor was bitten by the acting bug when he was seven years old, after his martial arts instructor persuaded him to audition for a part in a Burger King advert in Los Angeles. Although he was unsuccessful, he enjoyed the experience so much that he told his parents he wanted to pursue a career in acting. Soon, he and his family were traveling back-and-forth from their home in Michigan to California so Taylor could audition for acting roles on a regular basis. When he was ten, with the frequent traveling and air fares starting to drain them out, his family made the hard decision to relocate to Los Angeles where Taylor would have the advantage of being able to audition on a full-time basis. Although it was a wrench to leave behind friends and family, the move gave him the added bonus of being able to compete on a more intense level in football and baseball.

Since moving to Los Angeles, Taylor has booked roles on “My Wife and Kids” (2001), “Summerland” (2004), “The Bernie Mac Show” (2001), and the The Nick & Jessica Variety Hour (2004) (TV). In addition to television, Taylor has been very successful in the voice over work. Taylor has booked a recurring role as Youngblood on the cartoon “Danny Phantom” (2004) as well as he has recording two episodes of “What’s New, Scooby-Doo?” (2002) and ‘Charlie Brown’. Taylor has also booked a series regular of a pilot presentation called Which Way Is Up? (1977) along with the voice of Silas in an animation series entitled ‘Silas and Brittany’.

His big break came in 2005 when, at the age of thirteen, Taylor won the role of Shark Boy in the Robert Rodriguez film The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl 3-D (2005). He spent three months on location in Austin, Texas filming, which he thoroughly enjoyed. Within months, he then successfully auditioned to play Eliot, the son of the Bakers’ rival, in Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005).
In his spare time, Taylor loves playing football and baseball, both sports which he is very strong in. In football, he running back on offense and middle line backer on defense and, in baseball, he takes part in the Hart Baseball Program where he is positioned at center field and second base. He also participates in the LA Hip Kids, a hip-hop dance group. Taylor also enjoys making home movies with his friends, including ‘Sharkboy and Lava Girl’ co-star Taylor Dooley, who coincidentally lives near his Los Angeles home.

Although, he wants to continue acting into adulthood, he wouldn’t mind becoming a film scriptwriter and director. Certainly, this is one young boy who is bound to do well in whatever he sets his mind to. Stolen here

Quotes:

Taylor: (Jacob’s angry werewolf side) is not like me in real life; I’m like Jacob’s Native American side. I’m very friendly, outgoing, energetic and easy to talk to. But playing the werewolf side, where he’s holding all this anger and stuff inside him, that’d be very different for me. I love to challenge myself as an actor.

Taylor: (on his favorite quote from ‘Twilight’): It’s not in the first book, but the quote I love the most is Jacob’s quote, “Does my half being naked bother you?” That quote just cracks me up. Because you know, that’s when he’s shirtless, not wearing a top – we’ll have to wait to see what he looks like.

Taylor: (why he likes werewolves over vampires): Werewolves are hot!

Said about Taylor
As a person Taylor was no different than me working with Max or me working with a newcomer because he was just genuine, which is interesting to find. He was a very genuine person. He was very charismatic. It’s like fame hadn’t really affected him as the person I had know and so he treated me and every other actor the same way that he’s been treating us throughout the whole year. So it was never something uncomfortable or a situation that was anything different or out of the ordinary. It was just like working with a fellow coworker.

Taylor is so down-to-earth. He signs autographs at 5:30 a.m. for fans who’ve been waiting ten hours. -Lilly Collins

Taylor is unusual because he easily could have lost that part. He was a day player in the first movie, and there were all these discussions about whether he’d be coming back. He took it upon himself to transform himself into a leading man. He made himself a leading man. That was nobody but him, he made that for himself. - MR

Taylor Lautner played my brother on ‘My Own Worst Enemy,’ so I kind of can’t like him because that would be weird. So, I would have to say both. Why can’t they just stop fighting? Just be friends. By the way, Taylor Lautner is so funny. He’s such a great actor and he’s so nice, and he’s really ticklish, too! - Bella Thorne

What I like about acting is that I can challenge myself to many different things. I love Jacob and this franchise has given me an incredible opportunity to do what I want to do and that's challenge myself more. My next one.. I play Nathan in Abduction. He's completely different than Jacob which is a weird change because I've lived Jacob for so long now. But I'm really excited for you to see that as well.

My fight scenes.. I'm usually a wolf. So... I.. it's a bummer. I wish I could actually be doing that. I'm super jealous of my CGI wolf. Although he is pretty cute and fluffy. But I actually got beat up a little bit in both movies. In Part 1 edward gives me a nice punch after he finds out I imprinted on his daughter.

Why is that so funny? (audience laughing). Honestly I wouldn't be able to choose. Like I was saying earlier they are such different characters. I was able to go from playing Jacob, who I really love, to playing another character who I could really explore. But i would not be able to choose. That's a good question! You put me on a tough spot here.

I'll be completely honest. The third book I loved. But.. this movie (Part 1) is my favorite. I just.. it's a testament to Bill. And everybody else. We had an incredible time. This movie.. you're able to see all of the characters in a different light that you've never seen before. We're dealing with things we never have before. I think that's why it was my favorite. It was a challenge but we had a lot of fun is my favorite by far.

Taylor: I would hope so. I don't know if I would be the best judge of that. I loved Jacob. He has amazing qualities. He's loyal, persistent, I think he's an incredible guy. I would be honored if people around would say I'm similar to Jacob.

Future projects:

Breaking Dawn
Role: Jacob Black
Release date: November 18, 2011

Abduction
Role: Nathan
Release date: 2011

Cancun

Northern Lights

Stretch Armstrong
Role: Stretch Armstrong
Release date: March 2012

Interesting facts about Taylor:

1. He has a Facebook.
2. He’s a major Red Bull fan and drank it throughout our shoot.
3. His favorite band, U2, is performing in Vancouver this summer, where he’ll be shooting Eclipse!
4. He can’t live without his leather jacket, so stylist Matthew Edelstein pulled this John Varvatos jacket for the shoot.
5. He drives a black BMW 5 series but is more into football than cars.
6. Favorite shows include The Apprentice, American Idol, and UFC.
7. Favorite color is Baby Blue
8. Favorite Shoe Brand are Vans
9. Favorite Ice Cream flavor is Cake Batter
10. Favorite Movie is the Karate Kid
11. Taylor Lautner had to sing a song in The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl.
12. Taylor appeared in Cassi Thompson’s music video “Caught Up in You.”
13. Taylor had to stop martial arts when he was 13 to get into acting.
14. Before auditioning for the film Twilight, Taylor had never read the books which it is based upon.
15. Taylor has his driver’s license.
16. Taylor likes Mexican and Chinese food.
17. Taylor’s dog Roxy is a Maltese.
18. Taylor attended Valencia High School, and played football his freshman year.
19. Taylor has black hair and brown eyes.
20. Taylor is friends with both of his Sharkboy and Lavagirl co-stars Taylor Dooley and Cayden Boyd.
Stolen here

Post the love!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

He has facebook? Come on dude, that is so old school.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sure he doesn't use it, that would be crazy!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Maybe its even fake.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have no idea, it could be.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Black BMW!!! He has good taste.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Is that a good car?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Master Fan

Its BMW. You cant go wrong. I've tested one out just for fun, it was the best ride. I mean look at it:

http://www.moibibiki.com/images/bmw-m5-black-1.jpg
Old 10-19-2013, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

It does look pretty! Are they very expensive?
Old 10-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

Around 70 grand. So yeah they are expensive for us regular people. But I am sure thats nothing for him.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nice, that's more money I'll see in my entire life. Pocket change for him I'm sure, he can afford to drive the best car there is.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

I am actually surprised. I expected him to be driving some fancy sports car.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

He's too smart for that, he seems like a really practical man.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Good for me. Although one tiny fancy car wouldnt kill him.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't imagine him having something like that. He likes big cars!