Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2018, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Seems like a few Bellarkers have stopped watching the show

But the ratings are still good
Old 05-02-2018, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Final adjusted numbers, per Spoiler TV: 1.02 total, 0.3 demo.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/05/fi...-monday_2.html

amelia | icon: mel
Old 05-02-2018, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 (View Post)
Seems like a few Bellarkers have stopped watching the show
Yeah, but what do you bet they start back up again soon?
ICON
Old 05-02-2018, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Yeah, but what do you bet they start back up again soon?
... and then, what does that say about these fans? If they only watch those episodes where something Bellarke-ish happens
Old 05-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, let's see what next week's numbers are

Old 05-02-2018, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 (View Post)
... and then, what does that say about these fans? If they only watch those episodes where something Bellarke-ish happens
I know, it’s embarrassing.
ICON
Old 05-02-2018, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is embarrassing ... they cannot say anything after this about people who have stopped watching due to certain events. I just hope that this doesn’t affect renewal chances.

Also, I think that it might be the storyline this week too? I know hat I was less excited about this episode compared to the premiere because I was worried/less excited about the bunker events.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-02-2018, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's the most barfworthy factor - they are throwing tantrums because of a ship...but then if the show gets cancelled, they won't get their ship Hmmm.

But yeah Sarah, I agree that some people may not have been super interested in this week's storyline and I don't blame them, but I still wouldn't NOT watch. That said, it turned out to be more interesting than I thought

Old 05-02-2018, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, it’s just the silliest decision, I feel. Maybe wait more than an episode to see how it all plays out before throwing tantrums? We should be better than this (and those people who are trying to get the show cancelled). Cannot believe that some of these are actual adults.

I was totally surprised as to how much I enjoyed the episode. Not necessarily one which I foresee rewatching a lot but it was a solid episode.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-02-2018, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
It is embarrassing ... they cannot say anything after this about people who have stopped watching due to certain events. I just hope that this doesn’t affect renewal chances.
It’s very hypocritical. I didn’t really see any organized campaigning, but still . . . going on twitter tantrums is just super childish!

Quote:
Also, I think that it might be the storyline this week too? I know hat I was less excited about this episode compared to the premiere because I was worried/less excited about the bunker events.
Yep, same. Let’s face it, Bellamy and Clarke are the characters who generate the most online buzz, whether it’s good or bad, so the episodes that focus on their storylines are the ones that a lot of people anticipate. Although Octavia is definitely generating a lot of buzz this season, too.
ICON
Old 05-03-2018, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
It’s very hypocritical. I didn’t really see any organized campaigning, but still . . . going on twitter tantrums is just super childish!

Yep, same. Let’s face it, Bellamy and Clarke are the characters who generate the most online buzz, whether it’s good or bad, so the episodes that focus on their storylines are the ones that a lot of people anticipate. Although Octavia is definitely generating a lot of buzz this season, too.
It honestly is.

Yes, for sure. I love the show/characters as a whole but let's face it, some people do watch primarily for the ships and nothing wrong with that ... it's just not how most of us here roll.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I’m not sure how much Live plus 3 ratings help but this sounds like a huge bump in ratings? Over two million!

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-05-2018, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t really understand ratings stuff, tbh, but at least that doesn’t sound bad.
ICON
Old 05-05-2018, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same. We need Paulina up in here, she has a lot of knowledge on this.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-06-2018, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here we go:

Nielsen, a global information and measurement company, reports data about the TV programs people watch and, in some cases, what they listen to and buy. Nielsen data helps generate ratings, which are used to indicate whether a program is successful and which influence whether a program will be renewed for another season.

Nielsen ratings are based on a random sampling of people in households — known as "Nielsen families" — who are a representative share of all TV viewers. In 2015 it's believed there are 116.3 million TV homes, with nearly 296 million people age 2 and older in these homes [source: Nielsen].

The shows Dave records on his DVR — as long as he watches them within three days of their original airtime — is of particular importance to Nielsen's live+3 ratings. Live+3 ratings refer to shows that are watched within the first three days after the time they originally air.

Live+3 ratings take into account DVR viewing, something that's of increased interest to rating followers in a binge-watching world. Unfortunately, it may not go far enough. For example, if you're catching up on your DVR recordings of the entire previous season of "The Americans," it won't count toward the Nielsen live+3 ratings because the shows originally aired weeks ago.

Other Nielsen ratings, such as live+7, may provide a more accurate picture of delayed viewing, but only if the shows are watched within seven days of the original airing. In addition, Nielsen tracks live+SD to identify shows that are recorded and watched the same day [source: Barker].

Nielsen was founded by market analyst Arthur Nielsen and has been measuring TV viewing habits since the 1950s [source: Nielsen]. There are critics of the system, however, who believe binge-watching an entire season of a comedy show on Hulu or streaming it on-demand through a cable service should count toward Nielsen ratings. There are ways Nielsen captures the data. Watching shows through an online or streaming service does count toward its "online viewers" rating. This rating, however, carries little weight. For example, a Netflix show with 15 million weekly viewers and 1.5 million live views will rate only slightly better than a show with 1.5 million live viewers alone [source: Herman].
x