Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, they're not married - yet. Who knows if they'll ever even be if Ryan chooses the Resistance over her and the child. For right now, yup, I think that's what Valerie's storyline will focus on. I don't know - maybe we'll get to see another dimension to her when she actually does became a mom to this 'special' child.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

At this point, they're not even engaged. I'm sure Valerie is going to be relieved that she gave the engagement ring back when she finds out the truth about him.

Thing is, Valerie is basically in love with a facade. She doesn't know who Ryan really is. And she also has no reason to trust him after he has duped her 100 ways to Sunday. At this point, I can only see this thing going into 1 direction and that is the opposite from marriage, but maybe that's just me.

New promo pictures:

Source

Pictures in bigger size

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-03-2010 at 07:45 AM
Old 04-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The photo shots are nice. She's lucky - very photogenic.

Yeah, I'm expecting alot of drama between Ryan and Valerie when the truth comes out. It's definitely not going to put them in a good place, if and when they do reconcile - I see it being further down the road because of Ryan ultimately picking fighting alongside the other Resistance members.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:13 AM
Elite Fan

So if I understood the cryptic dialogue correctly, the Phosphorus thing Ryan drugged Valerie with is probably going to alter her in some way. Maybe she's going to become an emotionless robot like the V's who are under Anna's guidance. Whatever it is, it might make her interesting some time down the road.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-07-2010 at 07:01 AM
Old 04-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
So if I understood the cryptic dialogue correctly, the Phosphorus thing Ryan drugged Valerie with is probably going to alter her in some way. Maybe she's going to become an emotionless robot like the V's who are under Anna's guidance. Whatever it is, it might make her interesting some time down the road.
Yeah, the phosphorus thing was a bit confusing if I may say so myself. Because, at first, when V Doc was explaining it to Ryan, she made it sound like this substance was found inside of a human mother BUT not in the same quantities that a normal V mother would have to supply the growing offspring with. Therefore, because the baby is growing at such a rapid rate, it's consuming/draining high volumes of this from Valerie that she doesn't have to spare and in the end the pregnancy will kill her because of it. Therefore, the stronger supplement that Ryan acquired from the ship is supposed to substitute for it.

But yes, Joshua definitely made it sound like this is somehow going to affect Valerie in the long run for good. There will be no turning back and I can only assume that it will biologically alter her in some fashion. The burning question is just ... HOW!

Old 04-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Elite Fan

Is there any chance for Valerie to come after Ryan out of revenge for ruining her life if the changes to her body or psychology turn out to be negative, which they most likely will be?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's possible - especially if this adversely affects portions of her brain that will lead to a psychological meltdown. She can 'snap' and do something she might not normally do. Maybe it will affect the center of her brain that is responsible for 'human emotion' and she'll turn completely apathetic like a Lizard woman would normally be. He could be putting himself in the position where he's going to lose her anyway in that fashion b/c she'll never ever be able to reciprocate those 'feelings' back that he himself learned to acquire.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:24 AM
Elite Fan

If the Phosphorus plot device has done one thing, it has guaranteed that Valerie is going to survive the pregnancy IMO. I don't think her transformation is going to be completed before the end of the season. That looks more like a potential season 2 storyline to me (if we ever get one).
Old 04-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I agree. I have a feeling this 'change' to her body - will somehow continue to transpire long after the pregnancy is over. The show will probably give us glimpses of the change through 'new' personality quirks that never appeared to be a part of Valerie before and through her behavior.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

When I browsed the internet today I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There are seriously a couple of people out there who think Valerie is a you know what who isn't worthy of Ryan because she ran away from home and didn't wait for him when she found out that she has an alien baby inside of her belly and her boyfriend has been deceiving her for an entire decade. I'm speechless.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
When I browsed the internet today I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There are seriously a couple of people out there who think Valerie is a you know what who isn't worthy of Ryan because she ran away from home and didn't wait for him when she found out that she has an alien baby inside of her belly and her boyfriend has been deceiving her for an entire decade. I'm speechless.
Wow. Really? How can anybody think that when it's clearly Ryan's fault??? If she leaves him, he deserves it, IMO. And I like Ryan, but what he did to Val (put her in grave danger, lied to her FOR A DECADE) is too much How someone can defend Ryan and call Val a b**** is beyond me
Old 04-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
> *insert sarcasm here* < Oh, you mean you didn't already know? It's always the woman's fault somehow.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
Wow. Really? How can anybody think that when it's clearly Ryan's fault??? If she leaves him, he deserves it, IMO. And I like Ryan, but what he did to Val (put her in grave danger, lied to her FOR A DECADE) is too much How someone can defend Ryan and call Val a b**** is beyond me
I was very surprised when the show revealed that Ryan and Valerie already met 10 years ago. I thought they were dating for 3 or maybe 4 years tops. In some ways, Ryan has now robbed Valerie of her youth and her future. Anything but a break up would be totally unbelievable at this point IMO.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was very surprised when the show revealed that Ryan and Valerie already met 10 years ago. I thought they were dating for 3 or maybe 4 years tops. In some ways, Ryan has now robbed Valerie of her youth and her future. Anything but a break up would be totally unbelievable at this point IMO.
I think it's going to depend on Valerie and her value system. Meaning - we don't know much about her and what her principles really are. Will she be angry but still hear Ryan out and forgive? Or will she feel so betrayed that a total break/split is all that she is willing to agree to? I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure what the show will have Valerie decide. Because of the pregnancy, for all we know, Valerie might have a pro-life stance where while she might be scared at the prospect of a hybrid baby coming from her, it might not be enough to make her ever consider an abortion. Ryan on the other hand? It's definitely a toss up, I'm thinking that in the beginning here after the revelation they might stick together because of the uncertain future pertaining to this child (needing each other in a sense); however, it'll be very tense. Then, over the course of time, the writers will mellow the relationship out through their struggles they overcome together with love and forgiveness winning out in the end. Either that, or if Valerie really does leave him, I get the feeling it won't be permanent because of the hybrid storyline shared between the two characters. I feel strongly that unless one or the other dies, the writers will eventually reconcile them together.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:56 AM
Elite Fan

I don't have a problem with Ryan/Valerie eventually reconciling or whatever. I'm sure Erica and Tyler are eventually going to get over their issues and make up too. But if I have to see the Ryan character angsting over telling Valerie the truth about himself and going to such enormous lengths to deceive her for 3/4 of the season and 10 years in show continuity because he thinks she's going to leave him then I also want to see some payoff in that direction. Otherwise, it's just a total waste of my time.

But on the topic of the baby, is it still going to develop human legs and feet? If it doesn't what kind of life is it supposed to lead if it's viable? Are Ryan and Valerie going to lock it up in their basement until it dies from natural causes 50 years into the future?

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-21-2010 at 05:09 PM