Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

Important - Please read and respond!

As you all may be aware, back in March of this year, Heather and I openly suggested the possibility of this board closing upon reaching the 50k milestone if the show does not get renewed for a third season. Our fears at the time were that with so little material up for discussion (only 22 episodes) and an already small online fandom to begin with, posters would disappear quickly and our numbers would drop significantly upon cancellation. Unfortunately, our fears turned out to be correct. V was cancelled by ABC in May and while we haven't had a low post count warning yet, our recent monthly post counts have been the lowest since the board has come into existence and more importantly, posters have completely disappeared. For the last couple of months, it has mainly been us mods keeping the board afloat with the help of only 1 extra regular poster and we have now been forced several times to request the help of an MST whenever one of us couldn't be online for a couple of days for private reasons. To make matters worse, the V fandom seems to have died out in general (see the lack of activity on Visitorsite, IMDB, Tumblr etc.), leaving us with no real hope for an improvement of the situation in that some new posters may eventually find our board and start posting. All that being said, Heather and I have discussed voluntary closure of the board a little bit further and with us so close to hitting the 50k milestone, we thought it would be the right time to bring the topic up again, but before any action is taken we want to hear what everyone else has to say about this option. Both Heather and I love this board dearly and we have always enjoyed modding it. This was not an easy decision for us to make, which is why we went back and forth on it for so long, but we would rather see this board go out on a high note rather than for it to get shut down because we couldn't meet the necessary posting requirements.

Even if you're not a regular poster or have only posted on this board for a short time, we would still like to hear your thoughts on the future of this board. Every opinion counts.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for opening this, Alex. I stuck the thread at the top so that it doesn't fall to the second page and people have the chance to see and respond.

I would just like to mimic Alex's sentiments. This was a very difficult decision for us to come to; however, like Alex stated - we would be saddened if the board had to be shut down due to not meeting the posting requirements. We've had fun running this board and posting with all of you, not to mention we've had some good and well thought out discussions here.

Please take the time to respond if you can and are willing to do so. We really would appreciate everyone's input into this.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for sticking this thread Heather. To be honest, I am not expecting a big response to this posting, but I would love to turn out to be wrong.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 08-28-2011 at 04:56 PM
Old 08-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ You're Welcome. Not likely, I agree, but I do think it was the respectful thing to do.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening this

I too think closure is the best option, since it's only the three of us posting here now, and like you said, the fandom is pretty much dead now. I love this board very much and I would be very sad if we didn't reach the posting requirements and the board got closed because of it. I think it deserves better than that.

I had a lot of fun posting here with all of you and I want to thank Alex and Heather for their hard work and for being such awesome mods. You guys have always made me feel very welcome
Old 08-29-2011, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for giving us your input Anna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
^ You're Welcome. Not likely, I agree, but I do think it was the respectful thing to do.
It is, but it's also our duty because it's part of the voluntary closing process.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you, Anna, for your thoughts. It's been a pleasure posting with you on this board too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
It is, but it's also our duty because it's part of the voluntary closing process.
Yes, of course, that too.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awww... I may not have posted a lot in this board but I've temp modded it twice now and both has been a very good experience.

Though, I understand where the both of you are coming from. I noticed the post count goes down if one of the mods are not around. I see one or two regular poster but there isn't much discussion on the show itself.

Whatever you guys decide, I'd be here supporting the decision.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

It's definitely hard to keep things going once a show ends. Sometimes it gets to the point where the fandom would be better served by a single thread at the Television or Sci-Fi /Fantasy board. I'm sure that it was a really difficult decision to even consider posting this thread. Thanks to Alex and Heather for the time they've devoted to the board.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Also a big thanks from me to the mods! The little time I spent here, you guys were always active; I'm not sure if I would get this.
I arrived here a little late; season 2 started and I dropped by more often and it was a great pleasure to talk with you guys (I loved our rewatches, Anna and all the others!) And, yes, as sad as it is and how much I'm gonna miss this board, and since we have almost no posters here; I think the decision to close this board is the right one.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for sharing your opinion guys. We really appreciate it.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for all of the input everybody. Much appreciated.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySquared (View Post)
Whatever you guys decide, I'd be here supporting the decision.
I second this.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thanks for stopping by, Aroa.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kiinda make me sad but it's for the best of the board...