Old 08-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Hey, I found a photo of Charles from the pilot where he played a priest:

Old 08-04-2011, 12:07 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that pic! I find it funny that he played a priest
Old 08-04-2011, 05:38 AM
Elite Fan

He actually does look good in priest clothes. And now I'm wondering if the writers on that show would have eventually made a mockery of his priest character as well.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He looks good. And, oh no, that would have been horrible! The whole 'mocking the priest' thing.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I'm just wondering because Charles was the male lead and the woman in the picture was the female lead and then also the way Charles looks. Maybe I am just being paranoid now in expecting all shows to turn good looking priest characters into mockeries because of how SR completely changed Father Jack's originally intended story around and all that only to turn him into a pointless love prop.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 08-04-2011 at 05:47 PM
Old 08-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yeah, I know. I don't think your concerns are completely unwarranted because I think the mocking of such characters tends to happen in general. I'm not familiar with many examples in TV, besides Father Jack, but I did take notice that characters associated with 'the faith element' do fall prey to this in storytelling somehow. I've even seen it in movies.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Just found this:

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: ABC Will End 'Desperate Housewives' In May 2012 After 8th Season

EXCLUSIVE: It's a sad day for the smart and sassy suburban women on Wisteria Lane and the worldwide audience of approximately 120 million who watch them. We've just learned that ABC will announce on Sunday at the Television Critics Association's press tour that this 2011-2012 season will be the last for long-running Desperate Housewives. Key castmembers are starting to be told, and we hear that Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross, and Eva Longoria are shocked and saddened since the ABC Studios series created by Marc Cherry was expected to continue until 2013 after the longtime showrunner had said that he wanted the show to go for 9 seasons. ABC also contracted with the show's four stars for the next season after lengthy salary negotiations with the quartet this past season. In addition to signing them for this coming season, ABC also got options on them for Season 9. But when this season's premiere episode is broadcast on Sunday, September 25th, it will be the first for the series without Cherry at the helm. He stepped down at the end of last season as executive producer/showrunner and is expected to be a consultant on Season 8 while focusing on development of other series. Cherry also was slapped by former castmate Nicolette Sheridan with an embarrassing lawsuit over a purported slap which is still winding its way through the Los Angeles courts. Her claims of battery, wrongful termination, and unlawful retaliation will be argued in front of a jury. Since the provocative and profitable dramedy's premiere on October 3, 2004, the show has been a hit with viewers and critics alike: a solid Nielsen performer as well as a multiple Emmy and Screen Actors Guild award winner. The series premiere drew 21.6 million viewers and the show's first season finale attracted over 30 million viewers. Since 2006 and continuing into 2010, it was the most-watched comedy series internationally, with an average viewership of 51.6 million viewers across 68 territories. Moreover, it was the third-highest revenue earning show for 2010, with $2.74 million per half hour.

Hollywood Entertainment Breaking News - Nikki Finke on Deadline.com/hollywood
I pretty much stopped watching DH at the end of season 5, but if that season's quality is anything to go by, I would have to say it's better this way. And I suspect that the production costs have to be HUGE considering that the show has 16 or 17 series regulars by now.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 08-05-2011 at 01:43 PM
Old 08-06-2011, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, that's ALOT of series regulars!

Old 08-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

I know. DH has to have the biggest cast on TV at the moment. That makes it hard to believe that the show is still cost-effective, especially in light of it hitting series-low ratings last spring.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, wow. How does it even fit storyline in for that many characters?! Is it operating as a full season show or did it get cut back to midseason?! I never watched, so just curious, but I would imagine something around a 13 episode arc would make that VERY difficult.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

It's a full season show. They always get 22 episodes. Sometimes 23 or even 24.

Some Charles related tweets:

Quote:
drmaryspease @vwofficial Charles is a friend! I invited him to a FaceForwardLA event 2 days before he started filming w/ you...he spent it preparing!!!

Twitter
Quote:
drmaryspease A dear friend of mine, Charles Mesure :RT

Quote:
@vwofficial: On #DH set with Renee's new love interest, Ben (#CharlesMesure) Vanessa Williams' photo "On #DH set with Renee's new l..." on WhoSay
Twitter
Old 08-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Elite Fan

A new interview:

Quote:
Keck's Exclusives: First Look: Vanessa Williams' New Man on Desperate Housewives

When Renee Perry (Vanessa Williams) moved into Edie Britt's vacated home last season on Desperate Housewives, the recently single New Yorker spent a lot more time talking about sex than actually doing the deed. It appears that's all about to change, thanks to Ben Faulkner (Charles Mesure), who meets Renee in the September 25 season premiere. "I play a real estate developer," says Mesure, who previously romanced Elizabeth Mitchell on V, Maggie Grace on Lost and Jill Hennessy on Crossing Jordan. Mesure moves on to Wisteria Lane as land developer Ben Faulkner and wastes no time developing things with Ms. Perry. Taking a break from shooting episode two, Charles offers a hint of what's to come.

TV Guide Magazine: Last time we saw you, you were engaged in some steamy freedom fighter sex with your V co-star Elizabeth Mitchell. Whom else have you conquered on TV?
Charles Mesure: (laughs) I started out with Pamela Anderson on Stacked. I was Maggie Grace's Australian boyfriend on Lost back in Season One. I was Jill Hennessy's boyfriend on Crossing Jordan for a year. I was married to Lucy Lawless, and now the lovely Vanessa Williams. I've had enormous luck.

TV Guide Magazine: What would have happened with your V character, Kyle Hobbes, had the show continued?
Mesure: The storyline we talked about involved a mysterious woman from my past named Sarah, who the Vs had possibly abducted and tortured. My agenda would have been to try and rescue her. It also would have turned out that I might have betrayed the Fifth Column in order to save Sarah's life, with Erica hunting me down.

TV Guide Magazine: Instead you've wound up on Wisteria Lane. What can you tell us about this mystery man?
Mesure: I play a guy named Ben Faulkner who is a real estate developer. He's enormously wealthy and just moved into a beautiful house on Wisteria Lane. He's a self-made man who came from the mean streets of Sydney and has developed a bit of a ruthless streak. How that manifests I don't know.

TV Guide Magazine: So he's a villain?

Mesure: I have no idea by the few scenes I've played so far. At the moment he seems like a really nice guy. He's a genial new neighbor in Wisteria Lane. He moves in and catches the eye of all the ladies in the neighborhood and [Renee] takes a special interest.

TV Guide Magazine: Have you two already kissed?

Mesure: (laughs) No, I can't say that. But I can say we're having a really nice time together.

TV Guide Magazine: Every new character who moves on to Wisteria Lane comes with a horrible secret. Does yours?
Mesure: Um... very possibly, but I don't know yet. I'm still exploring day to day who he is. They're releasing clues to me very slowly.

TV Guide Magazine: What is your hope for this character?

Mesure: To have this job for quite a while.

Keck's Exclusives: First Look: Vanessa Williams' New Man on Desperate Housewives - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
And a photo of him and Vanessa:

They do look really good together IMO.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 08-08-2011 at 10:38 AM
Old 08-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cute.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

I've heard they'll be revisiting Mary Alice death from season 1 this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Charles' character Ben is tied into that somehow.

A photo of Charles taken at ABC's Summer TCA Party:

Old 08-09-2011, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't watch but I suppose your theory is quite possible with him guest starring in the season they're revisiting such a plot point.

Thanks for the pic.