Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: BOARD CLOSURE AUGUST 31st.

Not gonna sugar coat it: Priya and myself have been debating of a board closure.

Over the past few months, you may have noticed our post counts dwindling and our monthly rankings getting lower and lower. The board isn't getting enough traffic, and while we do average the mandatory 15 posts a day, some days we fail to make that, and make up for it on weekends. Our regular members number at 3, while other visitors make up another 4. It's not enough, and makes little sense to keep a board up with less than 10 posters.

Now, don't take that as a sign that we will be closing it. We might be mods, but alas, no infinite power.

We'd really like your input. What are your thoughts?
Old 08-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

We'd just prefer not to go out because we hit the red zone and can't get back up from it. It'd be nice not to close at all but it doesn't look like a viable option with our dwindling count. If we can work a solution to keep it alive and bring more people to the board, that'd be great. If anyone has any ideas, they'd be much appreciated. Your thoughts are wanted either way though, this is your board as much as it is ours.
i'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it
when you hit me, hit me h a r d
♥trifecta♥
Old 08-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Absolute Fan

I've been thinking about this for a bit, but I didn't have the guts to suggest it to you two! Like Priya says, I think we all want the board to go out on its own, not be forced to do so. This is very sad.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think it's becoming a chore to make sure the board stays alive. ANd I think the majority of our posts are because we continue to play the word games threads. I honestly can't think of anything which would help us bring more people to the board. I'd love to hear suggestions, but is there anyone else here to give them.....?

I think we should be proud of ourselves. We lost the last set of mods a whole year ago when they just disappeared. I figured we'd be closing then, especially after we got put on the warning list. We kept the board alive for a long time!

So I will go along with any choice you make. I understand if you both chose to close the board, and if you want it to stay open, I will continue to try my best to help keep post counts up.

~
Michelle~

Last edited by pink polka dots; 08-11-2011 at 01:27 PM
Old 08-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

I agree with you Michelle, I love talking to you guys, do not get me wrong, but it does feel incredibly hard to post here. I honestly praise not only our few posters who take the time to help our post count and visit,but Amy as well. I haven't been able to be as active as possible these last few months and Amy, along with you all obviously, did an amazing job keeping up afloat and putting so much time and effort into our board to keep it alive. Thank you Amy And thank you all for your posts and efforts to this board

I think in reality, we have all moved on, it's not on our screens, we don't have many regular posters due to lack of news, it's, as Michelle said, a chore to keep to the minimum, it's sad but I'm proud of us being open 2 years pretty much. I thank all of the people who contributed to this board, both in the past and recently,it's all added up and made or board something to be proud of IMO. If we can find a way to stay open, then that'd be fantastic but I hoestly do not see much, if anything, we can do.
♥trifecta♥
Old 08-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

Elle, you are a treasure!

Quote:
I think in reality, we have all moved on...
Alas, tis true.

I'm very proud of the little board that could. It had a smaller fanbase to begin with, but we made it stick for 2 years, with one of those after it ended. Very commendable.

Truth be told, it is a little bit of a chore. We don't do it anymore 'cause we're full of things to talk about, we do it because we feel since nobody else does it, we have to. I'm sorry, but it's no longer...fun. (Tho I honestly love being a mod.)

A big thing for me will be missing you ladies. [Pull out the tissues.] Those little usernames of yours have become dear to me and it'd suck if we never talked again. Elle, I know we'd see each other at Kensi/Deeks, but Priya, I honestly have no idea were we'd bump into each other, tho I honestly think of you whenever my news comes on 'cause we have an anchor named Priya

I can't speak for P, but I'd think, weighing everything, the possible closure would probably be the end of August... I just think it would be a good time.

Not that it would be happening, but like P said, there doesn't seem to be much we can do.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Absolute Fan

OK, another !

Like Amy, I was thinking of when I might run into you guys again. This is the first board I have ever really been a regular contributor to. Usually I just lurk, sometimes there is a board where I will very occasionally post. But this place was different for me. I'll miss you guys!

Yes, Amy, you'll see me if I post on Kensi/Deeks, but I hope I'll eventually see Priya somewhere, too!

~
Michelle~

Old 08-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Priya, you have to start watching NCISLA just so we can see you
Old 08-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw this coming with the far and in between posts and I'm sorry for not coming here more often, but with the show not on air it's hard to find things to talk about. It's very sad. This will be my second board that this has happened to me. Both times it was understandable. I love this show and the people here are wonderful. I don't know how this board can stay open. Thank you guys for the effort you put into keeping this board alive.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Master Fan

We all need a new collective show to watch, there was FlashForward, thar died, Greek, that died, I need a show that wont be cancelled that you all watch

If worst comes to worst, I'll go to the OT thread Amy, I'm good at that.

Michelle, I'm probably going to end up a bit of a lurker too, I don't post anywhere else now, I think i've been away so long in so many threads that it's hard to jump back in, but I hope to catch you all around somewhere!!

Tara, there's no need to apologise. At the end of the day, we shouldn't feel we HAVE to post here, we should want to, and it's hard to want to as there's nothing remotely to talk about. Hating ABCF only goes so far

Oh, and if WORST comes to worst, PM's!!! i need a new show sobad!
♥trifecta♥
Old 08-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Elite Fan

This is a little embarrassing, but I've been lurker on this board for quite sometime now. I'd never watched the TV show or watched the movie, but for some reason I always found myself coming back to this board just to watch and be amazed at how well you all do staying afloat. I liked seeing how you managed to keep your post counts above the minimum and seeing you keep going. I regret not ever jumping in, but I'd never watched the show so there wasn't much I could contribute anyways.

Really though, you guys should be extremely proud of yourselves. You made do with the little posters you had and it's better to close the board on your terms instead of being forced to close it.

Anyways, I seem like a giant weirdo now, so I'm going to go!
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Old 08-17-2011, 06:29 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks you for stopping by, Hannah. It means a lot that, despite knowing nothing of the fandom, you felt the need to visit and watch our efforts. I'm touched.

You have no idea how much your words make me feel better about this situation, knowing a virtual stranger (board wise) understands our plight, but supports us.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

Awww bless you Hannah, that's so sweet. Thanks for popping by, it's nice to know there were lurkers there, it's nice feeling like we were contributing something at least

I think it's becoming more and more likely that the board will end up closing, I think it's just on a nice medium right now, we had our amazing moments and our bad moments but if it were to close now, we end at a good point which I am extremely grateful for.
♥trifecta♥
Old 08-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

So do we need to take a vote?

I'd think the end of this month would be a good time... or is that too soon?
Old 08-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Absolute Fan

I feel so bad that I've hardly come on this month! I've just been made mod of the Skins board and I was on holiday all last week, but I should have made more of an effort to get on this board as well.

This is obviously a very difficult decision to make and I just want to say you are two awesome mods. You keep this board going even though there are only like 3 regular posters like you said. 3 regular posters may be enough to keep one thread alive, but to keep a whole board alive is very difficult, so well done on being able to do that.

If you do decide to close the board, I just want to say I'm really happy I visited this board and I've loved posting on here.. I wish I could have come earlier when the show was still running and I could have seen this board with a little more traffic.

Also, just a little suggestion.. maybe the board could close after we hit 50K, I mean we are pretty close to hitting it, and it would be nice to end it on a high like that! But, of course it's ultimately down to you mods and it may be too difficult to reach that goal.

Again, I'm sorry about not visiting frequently this month

Old 08-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

It's alright, Rachel. Don't feel bad. These things happen, eventually.

50K... that's still quite a few thousand posts away... but we'll talk about it.

Congratulations on the promotion, btw. That's great news