Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-29-2013, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

BOARD CLOSING 6th OCT - b/c it's better to burn out than to fade away

Hi everyone,

Chaz and I have come to the sad decision that it may be time to close the Taylor Momsen board.

This year has seen a slow decline in the number of active posters, and Fanforum requires that we have 15 posts per day, with lower numbers leading to the automatic closure of the board. As such we would prefer to go out under our own steam rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

So, we'd like to know how you would like to continue. If anyone has any ideas about how we can keep the board active, we'd love to hear them.

Otherwise we can continue to discuss Tay on her thread on the Gossip Girl board: Gossip Girl - TayMom | Queen J. #71

Thanks,
Tony & Chaz (chatty38)
Old 09-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you Tony.
This was not a easy decision to make. We worked hard to get this board but things change and passions wane on both sides sometimes. I wish Taylor nothing but the best but I can't really see this board continuing indefinitely in this manner.
Thanks to all the people that have contributed and been there. It's been a fun ride.

And yes, please let us know your thoughts on this. Much appreciated.

chaz
Old 09-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

This is not good news. I've only been around here for maybe 3-5 months and you guys are the best bunch I've ever seen in fandoms. I am very sad and displeased that this board is about to go under and we won't share more stuff about Tay.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
Henry Cavill

Hi guys! I got your PMs. It is totally sad that this board may close considering how hard we fought to get it. But I totally get wanting to close it too. It's just not the same anymore. We had the most traffic during the first year of her board and it's steadily dropped since then. There's not a whole lot to talk about without GG/TPR major tour and we could probably get more mileage out of the GG Taylor thread or a thread on the Female Celebs board. It's really up to you guys, but whatever you decide, just know I support you both 100%.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Aw this is so sad to here. I remember having a lot of good times here the first couple years of this board.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

This is sad to hear. I remember when we fought to get this board in the first place and we had some great times here, particularly in the first few years. That being said, I can definitely understand wanting to close it. Whatever decision you guys make I will support .
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 10-01-2013, 12:28 AM
Master Fan

I'll be sad to see this board go but I'll hope to see at least some of you on the GG board's Taylor thread.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks everyone We need to wait for a couple of days and then talk to the admins.

Last edited by t2727; 10-01-2013 at 08:39 AM
Old 10-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wish I could say I'll post more, I'll be more involved, let's work together because this board can't be closing! However, I know I wouldn't have the time and I know how difficult it can be to maintain this board on a day to day basis. It's a great place that had a great opening and loads of activity during the first year or so but like S said, once Taylor left Gossip Girl she was never as in the lime light as she was before. Therefore, there was less to talk about, less people posting, less reasons to post. Chaz and Tony, you have done a great job maintaining the board and keeping it alive! I'm so thankful that it has been able to last as long as it has [4 years!!]. If you guys do decide to shut down the board, I'll support that decision because I know you don't come to lightly. Thanks for contacting me about it! This board is one of my homes (and the second board I ever modded ), I will miss it greatly if it goes.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)

Last edited by naturellebella; 10-01-2013 at 05:54 PM
Old 10-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks everyone for the support both now and in the past. Going to miss it.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

So sad to see this is coming up. I don't follow Taylor, but with GG done (and for her, a while now) and not much news from her music and whatnot, it makes things difficult.

You guys did pretty well in September with posts, so at least it'll be going out on a high note. There's definitely still places around to talk about her and different interactions/relationships. And I'm sure, if there's not already, TPR can have a thread in the Music board, too.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you. Glad you stopped by.
Yep, plus she still has her threads on the GG and the general board I believe.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Administrator

I’m sorry to see this board go, but I’d like to thank Tony and Chaz for moderating it in the present time, and Susan and Kem for moderating it in the past. This board really did well here, and it’s going out a winner. I’d like to thank all of the posters who posted here, and I hope you continue to talk about Taylor on other threads here on the Gossip Girl board or the Female Celebrities board. This board will close on Sunday, October 6th. Thanks everyone.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-03-2013, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This was the first board I visited on and I'm so sad to see it go.

And to echo what Jerry said: thanks to Chaz, Susan, Kem, and everyone who posted here. We should be proud of being here for 4 years, over 700 threads, and over 170,000 posts.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you Jerry and everyone else. It was a great board to mod.
And thank you Tony for being such a support even when you didn't have to be.

The board had a good run and I'm grateful for that.