Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi guys. I'm still on vacation and decided to try the internet service here. I miss you guys! I'm in the mediteranian and they have been showing season 9 re-runs of Friends at 5 pm. I was so excited to see it on tv. I love the new thread title and can't believe a new thread was started while I was gone. I will be back in 2 days. I miss you guys
Old 08-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by In Theaters
I have to disagree Jenn. I thought that Monica was very supportive of Chandler all throughout their relationship. TOW Chandler's Dad is a prime example of this. She helped him as best as she could to work out his issues with his father. She got him to go to Vegas and invite him to the wedding, all the while understanding why it was so difficult for him to do so. JMHO though.
Oh, I agree that was very important and she played it very well, but Monica was also responsible for the "Chandler diss" more times than I can count. Phoebe was usually the culprit, but Monica had her share as well. And I would say that most of the time, Chandler was the one saying the romantic things to placate Monica and not the other way around.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

The only thing I didn't particulary like about the way Monica treated Chandler was if for example in TOW everybody finds out Chandler is saying that he thinks Phoebe fancies him and Monica's like 'thats impossible'.What a put down for Chandler..she has done things similiar to that on more than one occasion. But I still love them together...they are perfect for each other.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:53 PM
In Theaters

I see what you're saying Jenn, but those "Chandler diss" moments are mainly just for comedy. He never seemed too affected by it. JMHO.

groovyk1-It sounded bad, but when Chandler said "Ow" she explained that she just meant that she didn't see Phoebe liking Chandler in that way. She wasn't putting him down.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Cute pic.

I know, she probably wasn't being mean but I just had a sense all through their relationship that whenever the topic of Chandlers good looks or physique came up, she was always negative. But maybe it was a thing they had and Chandler knew she was joking.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Total Fan

Oww they are so cute !
I wished Monica could be pregnant in the show too like Courteney was.

Livejournal
Old 08-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred Pryce
I wished Monica could be pregnant in the show too like Courteney was.
I wish that too. I held out hope to the end of the finale that Monica would find out that she was pregnant, but alas no.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DevotedFanOfMatt
I held out hope to the end of the finale that Monica would find out that she was pregnant, but alas no.
Me too.I was expecting her to find out once she'd gotten her baby(who turned out to be two babies,lol).LOL,can you imagine Chandler raising THREE babies at the same time?
Old 08-07-2004, 07:26 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I held out hope to the end of the finale that Monica would find out that she was pregnant, but alas no.
I'm actually kind of glad Monica didn't find out she was pregnant at the end of the finale. That would've seemed a little fake, and so cliche.

If she were to have gotten pregnant I wish it would've been at the end of Season 7, so instead of having Rachel pregnant, it would've been Monica.
I've come to your rescue and you can't rescue me.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love the title.. Only on Friends can you use a thread title like that and have it make complete sense.

By the way, I LOVE C/M!
Old 08-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Rach*
If she were to have gotten pregnant I wish it would've been at the end of Season 7, so instead of having Rachel pregnant, it would've been Monica.
Oh, I agree! I watched the finale on the DVD with the producer commentary and they were so proud of themselves at "selling the lie" of Monica's pregnancy. All I could think was that my heart was broken when Monica revealed she hadn't taken a pregnancy test.

And that was before the show turned into "The Rachel Green Half-Hour"...
Old 08-08-2004, 01:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Oh, I agree! I watched the finale on the DVD with the producer commentary and they were so proud of themselves at "selling the lie" of Monica's pregnancy. All I could think was that my heart was broken when Monica revealed she hadn't taken a pregnancy test.

And that was before the show turned into "The Rachel Green Half-Hour"...
I know! I would've loved to have had Monica pregnant in Season 8, not Rachel. I mean, I understand how having Rachel pregnant was totally unexpected, blah, blah, blah, but pregnant Monica would've been fun to see. And Chandler even bought that little outfit for the baby he thought they were gonna have and everything.

The Rachel Green Half-Hour, so true.
I've come to your rescue and you can't rescue me.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah, they actually could have flip-flopped the Rachel/Monica pregnancy deals where Monica gets pregnant in season 8 and Rachel could have gotten pregnant in 10. For some reason, I can't see Rachel adopting but she could have gotten pregnant. Then again, I bet the writers did not want to go there because then it would seem like the R/R reunion was ONLY based on Rachel being pregnant, so I am thinking it works the way it was played out.

And the Rachel Green Half Hour.. Hee. While that is so true, I can't complain too much because I love Rachel, so getting an overdose of Jen/Rachel was not all that bad for me..
Old 08-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Wilpen, congrats on 1500 posts! That's a lot

SJ ~ Leave the Keys
Yankees...How you doin....How how you doin?
Old 08-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by fan1bsb97
Wilpen, congrats on 1500 posts! That's a lot
Thanks a lot for noticing that, fan.. I really appreciate it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread