Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

Rachel Matheson #2: Trying to fix mistakes and find love with the lights out.

Welcome to the 2nd appreciation thread for
Rachel Matheson

Trying to fix mistakes and find love with the lights out

Supporters:

1. Blackwell Sisters
2. ~ayumi~
3. coffeecrisp7
4. severalmiles
5. Lostcandy
6. Stay to the Lights
Old 12-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for opening the new thread, Alex!

If you guys had to pick a scene as highlight of Rachel in these first nine episodes of the second season, which one would it be?
Old 12-21-2013, 02:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

If I had to choose only one moment as highlight of Rachel, it would be Rachel digging up Bass' grave to save him.

After everything he did against Rachel and her family, she could simply let him die. The fact she decides to save his life because of Charlie and because they needed him to fight against the Patriots is a huge turning point for Rachel, considering she was obsessed with killing Bass at any cost, including her own life. And she is almost unstoppable when she's obsessed with something. It's hard to change/open her mind. So seeing Rachel sort of letting go of her obsession and looking at the situation around her is an important moment.

Not to mention that Rachel had complete control over the situation. She made Bass believe he is going to die. She made him suffer. She watched him die and now knows what does it feel like to kill him. In a way, she got her revenge. His fate was in her hands, which made everything ironic, poetic and full circle.

Other highlights were:

Rachel telling Charlie she loves her. I liked that Rachel took the initiative and wanted to make sure Charlie knows her mother loves her. And got to hear it from Rachel herself. After everything they've been through, it was a nice moment for Rachel.

Rachel deciding to save Gene. She almost killed her own father, so it was good to see Rachel changing her mind about Gene after he talked to her and showed he is willing to sacrifice his life to help her, even if she doesn't forgive him. Which I think she will do.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

tftnt

I agree that Rachel digging up Bass was an important turning point.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:43 AM
Extreme Fan

It would be great if Bass talked with Rachel about it.

I also thought it was nice when Rachel is talking with Miles in the first episode and she apologizes for what happened with Nora.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:22 AM
Elite Fan

A deleted scene from season 1:

Source

Old 01-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

I thought it was cool watching Rachel speak Spanish in the most recent episode.

A new gif set:

Source
Old 01-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

^thank you. I love her with Aaron.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Rachel and Danny. I miss him. So many sweet scenes he could have had with Rachel. He shouldn't have died. And this scene shouldn't have been deleted. Scenes with Danny and about Danny are important to understand Rachel.

Oh, someone made a gif of the "gasoline and a match" comment. Pretty sure this person ships Rachel and Bass.

Yes, it was very cool to see Liz speaking spanish. I think she speaks well. Better than Connor.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
Yes, it was very cool to see Liz speaking spanish. I think she speaks well. Better than Connor.
Yeah, I thought her pronunciation was quite good, but I don't speak Spanish, so I am probably not a good judge.

Elizabeth: Rachel has to figure all this out. You know, Gene doesn’t have time to do it, so Rachel has to do it. And I love getting to show how intelligent she is. With my faulty microscope and my blood between two broken pieces of glass. Ah, that was really cool, like little window pane glass. I think that we forget sometimes, we just think of her as “oh yeah there’s the screwdriver lady”…Oh, the “now you need me.” We forget that she’s a
valuable member of society, someone you would like to have on your team.

Source
Old 02-17-2014, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

This scene is what made me a Rachel fan! She was so ruthless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)

Old 02-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Elite Fan

I just saw on Twitter that KSite TV, Marisa Roffman (givememyremote.com) and Leeann Morrissey (jointhegossip.com) did a Revolution set visit today. That means we should be getting some new interviews soon.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

^That's good news!
Old 02-21-2014, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

The first on set interview is out - I don't think it's that much spoiler-y, Liz hints to a couple of things but vaguely, but she is still talking about Rachel's motivations and mind-set both in the past and the upcoming future, so you've been warned:

Last edited by Hawthorn; 02-21-2014 at 07:18 AM
Old 02-22-2014, 04:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Liz. Always sweet and adorable!

She seems to be aware that Rachel is not a popular character among the Revolution fandom. I hope it doesn't affect her.

Personally, I think the fandom is way too mean, cruel and unfair towards Rachel.

But I also blame the writers for not creating a consistent character arc for her. Also, she is the character that is most deserving of a redemption arc. A clear and very defined redemption arc. Which is not happening on the show, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann357 (View Post)
This scene is what made me a Rachel fan! She was so ruthless.
Same here.

Liz doesn't like it because Rachel killed her poor colleague and she doesn't like that Rachel kills innocent people. But I loved it. In my opinion, it was one of the coolest and craziest moments on the show and the most shocking moment. I didn't expect to see Rachel stabbing her scientist friend at all.

But I agree with Liz. It's always nice to see how intelligent and valuable Rachel is. That's one of the reasons I really liked this episode 12. With Rachel being in charge, figuring things out and listening to people.

One of the writers (Jim Barnes) wrote a tweet about Rachel/Liz during the episode Captain Trips:

Quote:
How badass is Rachel right now? Eye to eye. Not moving an inch. Elizabeth Mitchell crushes it with just a look.
Twitter | Jim Barnes