Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

News Thread #5: Where she leads, we will follow.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Elizabeth and the rest of the Revolution cast will be at Fort Sam Houston this Saturday:

Quote:
Special Guest Appearance
Meet & Greet the Cast of
NBC’s “Revolution”
The Spurs Coyote & Silver Dancers
Free preseason tickets while they last!

Source
Old 10-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread!
Man, that banner is old. And the hosting site resized it and it lost quality. I'll see if I have the original still on my HD, otherwise as soon as I reinstall photoshoop I'll slap together something new.

Thanks for the info! I have no idea what kind of event this is exactly, but I'm all for new pics and (dare I hope) videos.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT

yes, hopefully we will get some pics
Old 10-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

Short lists for this year's People's Choice Awards have been released. Revolution has been short-listed in the Favorite TV Drama category and Prosecuting Casey Anthony in the Favorite TV Movie/Miniseries category. As always with the People's Choice Awards, you can vote for Elizabeth or Revolution in some of the other categories as well by clicking on 'Other' and submitting them manually.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for posting this and for the tip, Alex!

I found the the official press release for the USO event with the Revolution cast:

Quote:
Stars of Warner Bros.’ Revolution Volunteer with the USO and Support Military Community in San Antonio

Actors Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, David Lyons and Elizabeth Mitchell Extend Gratitude to Troops and their Families on Morale Boosting USO Visit to Lackland Air Force Base and Fort Sam Houston in Texas

Twitter Pitch: @the_USO @NBCRevolution tour feat. @Billy_Burke, @TrSpiridakos, @Quiethandfilms, David Lyons & Elizabeth Mitchell visits San Antonio

Stars from Warner Bros. hit series Revolution volunteered with the USO on Saturday, October 19, and delivered smiles, hugs and support to troops and military families stationed in San Antonio, Texas. Currently on location in Austin filming season two of the epic, swashbuckling TV drama, actors Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, David Lyons and Elizabeth Mitchell paid a USO visit to Lackland Air Force Base and Fort Sam Houston, where they shared special moments with service members and their families, posing for photos and signing autographs. ***Link to USO photos below***

DETAILS:
  • As part of the USO experience, the group met with hundreds of military families stationed in and around San Antonio, Texas.
  • This trip marked the first USO experience for each of the Revolution castmates.
  • From J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and Supernatural‘s Eric Kripke, Revolution is a post-apocalyptic sci-fi drama series that centers around one family’s struggle to survive 15 years after a mysterious worldwide blackout. Created by Eric Kripke and executive produced by Kripke, Abrams, Bryan Burk, Rockne S. O’Bannon and Jon Favreau, the series airs Wednesdays at 8/7c on NBC. Revolution is produced by Bonanza Productions, Inc., in associations with Bad Robot Productions, Kripke Enterprises and Warner Bros. Television.
  • Best known as Charlie Swan in The Twilight Saga and as Gary in the action series 24, Billy Burke currently plays Miles Matheson in Revolution on NBC. Acting since the early 1990s, he has starred in such films as Untraceable with Diane Lane, Fracture starring Anthony Hopkins and Ladder 49 with John Travolta, among others. On the small screen, Burke has appeared in Rizzoli and Isles, My Boys, Wonderland, Law & Order, Fringe and The Closer. Outside of acting, Burke is an accomplished musician who released his debut album, Removed, in 2010.
  • Born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Tracy Spiridakos plays Charlie Matheson, the headstrong niece of Miles Matheson on Revolution. She has appeared in numerous television shows including Supernatural and Hellcats on The CW, USA’s Psych, Syfy’s Being Human as well as the Canadian tween comedy series Majority Rules! In addition to the small screen, she has also landed roles in such feature films as 2011’s Rise of the Planet of the Apes and the upcoming thriller, Kill for Me.
  • Praised for his iconic portrayal of drug kingpin Gustavo “Gus” Fring in the critically acclaimed Breaking Bad, Giancarlo Esposito stars as military leader Tom Neville on Revolution. He has starred in more than 60 major motion pictures including The Usual Suspects, Smoke, The Last Holiday, Do the Right Thing, Mo’ Better Blues, School Daze, Malcolm X and Ali. Esposito has also been seen on TV’s Community, Homicide: Life on The Street and Law & Order as well as in Broadway’s Sacrilege, Seesaw and Merrily We Roll Along just to name a few.
  • A graduate from the National Institute of Dramatic Art – Australia's most prestigious acting college – David Lyons plays former U.S. Marine Corps Sergeant Sebastian “Bass” Monroe on Revolution. He most recently starred in the film Safe Haven with Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel, and just last year played Kate Beckinsale’s husband in Blue Car featuring Nick Nolte. In 2008, Lyons was added to the cast of the popular medical drama ER as ‘Dr. Simon Brenner.’ His previous credits include Storm Warning, the Outback thriller Cactus and Eat, Pray, Love opposite Julia Roberts.
  • Nominated for an Emmy® for her role as Juliet on Lost, Elizabeth Mitchell currently portrays Rachel Matheson on Revolution and previously starred on the Warner Bros. sci-fi series V. Whether portraying Mrs. Clause opposite Tim Allen in Disney’s The Santa Clause trilogy or time-traveling with Dennis Quaid in Frequency, Mitchell has been featured in a string of hit films including Gia with Angelina Jolie, Answers to Nothing opposite Dane Cook, Nurse Betty starring Renee Zellweger, Running Scared starring Paul Walker and ESPN’s The Dale Earnhardt Story. Mitchell was also featured in NBC’s critically-acclaimed Lyon’s Den and as on John Wells’ landmark medical drama ER.

QUOTES:

Attributed to Billy Burke:
"We were all humbled and honored to be able to spend some time with the San Antonio military community. Many thanks the USO, who does such tirelessly noble work. We hope they'll have us back soon and often."

Attributed to Tracy Spiridakos:
“I had such a great time on my USO trip to Lackland and Fort Sam Houston. The troops and their families are so amazing, and there was such an outpouring of support for the show and our characters. It was an honor to be there with the USO and the rest of the cast, and be given the chance to say ‘thank you’ for their service.”

Attributed to Giancarlo Esposito:
“I had a blast! People were lovely and it’s great to do this USO stuff, because when I grew up there was Bob Hope and his USO show which was always fantastic. These people are in service to all of us and it’s nice they can come down and put a name to a face and meet some of their favorite people from their favorite show. It was really a great time, thanks for having us!”

Attributed to David Lyons:
“As a former U.S. Marine on the show, this USO trip was especially memorable. I’m just an actor who portrays a service hero on TV, but they are the real thing. And to have had the chance to talk to them, hear their thoughts about the show as well as extended my gratitude was more than anything I could have hoped for.”

Attributed to Elizabeth Mitchell:
“Our USO trip to San Antonio was incredibly exciting. As a parent of a young child, I have such a profound respect for our nation’s military families. They often sacrifice time away from those they love, and do so while maintaining our security. These families deserve acknowledgement and praise for their efforts, and I’m honored to have expressed mine with help from the USO and hope to have helped boost their morale in the process.”

MULTIMEDIA:

USO Photos: http://bit.ly/15HHWyt

USO Fact Sheet: http://bit.ly/Y3YoUi

###

About the USO

The USO lifts the spirits of America’s troops and their families millions of times each year at hundreds of places worldwide. We provide a touch of home through centers at airports and military bases in the U.S. and abroad, top quality entertainment and innovative programs and services. We also provide critical support to those who need us most, including forward-deployed troops, military families, wounded warriors and families of the fallen. The USO is a private, non-profit organization, not a government agency. Our programs and services are made possible by the American people, support of our corporate partners and the dedication of our volunteers and staff.

In addition to individual donors and corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by President’s Circle Partners: American Airlines, AT&T, Clear Channel, The Coca-Cola Company, Grand Canyon University, jcpenney, Jeep, Kangaroo Express, Kroger, Lowe’s, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Procter & Gamble and TriWest Healthcare Alliance and Worldwide Strategic Partners: BAE Systems, The Boeing Company, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft Corporation and TKS Telepost Kabel-Service Kaiserslautern GmbH & Co. KG. We are also supported through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). To join us in this patriotic mission, and to learn more about the USO, please visit USO.

Source - Stars of Warner Bros.’ Revolution Volunteer with the USO and Support Military Community in San Antonio

I think I uploaded all the pictures with Liz. Just click on the images to see the full size. Or, if you prefer, just click on the USO Photos link posted above. Or go to Flickr.

And it's official, I ship Liz and the hat.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

South Magazine posted the interview with Liz on their website - unfortunately they mostly used old photos, and just one from the new shoot for the cover (which is odd, but oh well):

The South Magazine Interview with Elizabeth - Elizabeth Mitchell Fan Club

Apparently some more pics will be posted on the photographer's website at some point, though. So fingers crossed.

There is a lovely little interview, but this was the part that picked up my interest the most:
Quote:
SM: What's next for you?
EM: That's a good question. I've been reading a book and I'm trying to get the rights for it. So that might be what's next for me. I can't say much more right now.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks very much for posting, Fran.

Yes, I didn't understand why they used only one new picture. Hopefully we'll get to see more pictures of this new photoshoot because it's really one of the best photoshoots Liz has ever done.

I loved the interview.

That's the part that caught my attention the most too. I'm so excited about it. Just the thought of Liz doing something by herself (beyond the acting. Possibly writing, producing or directing) makes me very happy. Fingers crossed she will get the rights to be able to do what she wants to do.

And I'm not ashamed of saying that I want to read all the books she reads. Just because Liz got to read them.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

There's going to be a 10 year Lost reunion panel at Paley Fest this year:

Quote:
The Paley Center for Media announces full lineup for 31st Annual PALEYFEST INCLUDING Lost: 10th Anniversary Reunion, Veep, ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK, and SERIES FAREWELL FOR How I Met Your Mother, Amongst other fan favorites

Individual Event Ticket Sales Available to Paley Center SUPPORTING Members on January 16, GENERAL MEMBERS ON THE 17th, and to the Public on January 19

SPECIAL MULTIEVENt TICKET PASSEs on sale to paley center members on january 11 and the general public on january 13

BEVERLY HILLS, CA, JANUARY 8, 2014 – The Paley Center for Media today announced the full lineup of honorees for their 31st annual ultimate TV fan festival, PALEYFEST: The William S. Paley Television Festival, marking the biggest festival to date. Citi is the Official Card of PALEYFEST 2014, which will take place at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland, March 13-28, 2014. The latest events to join the lineup include a Lost: 10th Anniversary Reunion, Orange Is the New Black, How I Met Your Mother, Parks and Recreation, Sleepy Hollow, Mad Men, The Vampire Diaries & The Originals (which will be celebrated in a joint two-panel event featuring both series), Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Masters of Sex, The Mindy Project, Community (back for an unprecedented 5th session due to popular demand), and Veep. These series will join previously announced honorees: Veronica Mars, the PALEYFEST opening night presentation, Pretty Little Liars, and American Horror Story: Coven, which will close out the two-week celebration of great TV.

“With this amazing mix of new shows, returning favorites, and two high-profile cast reunions, PALEYFEST 2014 will be a must-attend event for TV fans who attend every year from all over the world,” said Pat Mitchell, the president and CEO of The Paley Center for Media, “The caliber of talent participating in PALEYFEST this year is absolutely unrivaled in the industry and we hope fans will not only have a great time interacting with the casts and creators, but will also learn about how their favorite shows get made.”

The full schedule is as follows:

Thursday, March 13: Opening Night Presentation: Veronica Mars Reunion (7:00 pm)
Friday, March 14: Orange Is the New Black (7:00 pm)
Saturday, March 15: How I Met Your Mother Farewell(7:00 pm)
Sunday, March 16: Pretty Little Liars (1:00 pm Matinee Presentation)
Sunday, March 16: Lost: 10th Anniversary Reunion (7:00 pm)
Tuesday, March 18: Parks and Recreation (7:00 pm)
Wednesday, March 19: Sleepy Hollow (7:00 pm)
Friday, March 21: Mad Men (7:00 pm)
Saturday, March 22: The Vampire Diaries &The Originals (7:00 pm)
Sunday, March 23: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (1:00 pm Matinee Presentation)
Monday, March 24: Masters of Sex (7:00 pm)
Tuesday, March 25: The Mindy Project (7:00 pm)

Wednesday, March 26: Community (7:00 pm)

Thursday, March 27: Veep (7:00 pm)
Friday, March 28: Closing Night Presentation: American Horror Story:Coven (7:00 pm)

Source
They haven't announced any attendees yet, but who knows, maybe Elizabeth is going to be there.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

thanks for the news, hopefully she goes!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:59 PM
MST Manager

Hopefully, she will!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for the information regarding PALEYFEST.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:56 AM
Extreme Fan

How awesome it would be if Liz is invited and available to be there!

This PaleyFest news makes me wonder if there will be a Comic-Con panel to celebrate the 10 years of Lost. I heard some speculation about it. If it happens, Liz must be there. Please! Comic-Con's vibe is unique.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Her presence at Comic-Con would be great, and would make up for last year.

Thanks for the PaleyFest news, Alex!
I don't know who will be there, but I'd bet good money on Jorge being a lock.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

The-numbers.com have finally released the DVD sales chart for the week ending September 8, 2013. That was the first week of release for Revolution's first season DVD box set. Unfortunately, it failed to reach the top 30. To qualify for the list, you only had to sell 17,204 units during the week.