Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2016, 01:59 AM
Elite Fan

Board Recustomisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 10-25-2016, 02:40 AM
MST Manager

This is a coincidence! I was just thinking of doing some Elizabeth art now that I have learned a bit about Photoshop. I will try to make something nice.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:56 AM
Elite Fan

You do not need to make anything, the graphics team will make the graphic (unless you wish to apply to be on the team?). All we need from you and the other posters here is what colours you would like to see here and which pictures you would like us to use. I recommend going with the most popular most recent photoshoot. I am not sure if there is anything more recent or if you like any of them but I did find a couple of photoshoots here?
Old 10-25-2016, 03:32 AM
MST Manager

There might be some photoshoots from her tv shows Dead Of Summer or Crossing Lines. I can't find any at the moment.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

This is exciting!
Thanks to the managers and the graphic team for this opportunity!

I'll post links to my favorite shoots later tonight.

For the colors, I think light blue would suit Elizabeth well. Or maybe staying in the warm spectrum, something like a muted yellow/gold, a fresher version of the current colors?
Or something purple/deep red for the headers.
My first choice would still be blue, though.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait to see the board when it's done!
Old 10-26-2016, 12:34 AM
Elite Fan

Perhaps you would like to take a look around the design seeds website to see if you can find any colour scheme(s) you like . That may help you decide on what you would like to see here. We could always try to combine blue and gold shades?
Old 10-28-2016, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

Does anyone have any picture suggestions or any other thoughts on colours? The sooner we have some ideas on what you would like to see here the sooner we can begin to work on your graphic .
Old 10-29-2016, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry I'm replying so late!

Among the relatively recent shoots, these two are the most "workable " with, IMO:

TCA Winter Tour - Portraits - Elizabeth Mitchell Fan Club

Brink Magazine - Elizabeth Mitchell Fan Club
EMfc Exclusive Brink Magazine Outtakes - Elizabeth Mitchell Fan Club

I like.the suggestion of combining blue and gold, if it were possible!

I also browsed around following the link kindly provided, and I picked a.few color combos that felt inspiring:
https://www.design-seeds.com/spring/color-wander-10/
https://www.design-seeds.com/succule...ulent-hues-16/
https://www.design-seeds.com/nature-made/color-shell/

I hope other people will give their input, too, especially if they have ideas and suggestions for pics and colors completely different than mine.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:31 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Oh that first photoshoot has some truly beautiful pictures.

Thanks for those colour suggestions!
Old 10-31-2016, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening this thread. I'll try to look through pictures and color schemes tomorrow, but I do like the suggestion of a light blue & gold color combo.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:18 AM
Elite Fan

We have now finished making all the graphics and the Graphics Team are going to vote on a winner, so this thread will now be closed until the colours and graphic have been set up - then we will re-open it so you can tell us what you all think!

If you have questions please post them on the Info Center's Message Board Customization Process Thread, but please check the opening post to see if your question has been answered there first.

Thank you everyone,
Rae.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:00 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Enjoy your banner and colours.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, it looks great

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day