Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New New York (5x14) - Episode Discussion

New New York
5x14 - episode discussion
NEW DREAMS ARE FOUND IN NEW YORK ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" TUESDAY, APRIL 1, ON FOX

A few months after the end of the glee club, New Directions alumni are adjusting to their new lives in the Big Apple: Blaine and Sam have moved in with Kurt, while Artie experiences difficulties navigating the mean streets of Manhattan. Also, Rachel gets accustomed to being a Broadway star, and Mercedes (guest star Amber Riley) moves to New York to work on her album in the all-new "New New York" episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, April 1 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-514) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Kevin McHale as Artie Abrams; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans.

Guest Cast: Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones; Adam Lambert as Elliot "Starchild" Gilbert.

Based on previous heated debates, we (moderators) have decided to list some guidelines and rules that need to be followed on all episode discussions here.
1. Do not bash any of the cast members or writers. Discussion should be about characters. Substituting an actors name for a character when discussing the character is not okay. They're not the same person. Respectfully critiquing someone's performance or a writer's contribution is fine, however, bashing and being rude about them is not. Offensive nicknames for the writers and cast-members are also not to be used here. This is against Fan Forum policy and is an insult to real people.

2. Feel free to visit the general discussion threads or the previous episode discussion threads here to continue talking about episodes that have already aired.

3. Be respectful to each other, moderators, and to every fandom despite your personal beliefs. Previous episode discussions presented us with problems and we'd like to prevent this from happening. We encourage a good debate, but let's keep it respectful. Personal attacks are not needed, nor allowed here. Targeting another poster on who they support or why their argument is invalid is also unnecessary. Please refer back to Fan Forum's rules regarding this. No matter who you support or ship, we are all fans and people, too.

4. This is a Glee Appreciation board. And as such, it is great to critique, debate and interact respectfully with the fans. But we cannot emphasize enough that calling the show, its cast and crew, etc. 'racist', 'homophobic' or 'sexist' is extremely offensive and will not be tolerated. This board isn't the place for these remarks. Please take it off site or keep it to yourself.
Thank you, everyone!

Happy Hunger Games Glee Discussion!
Old 04-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

scared to see how this is gonna go
Old 04-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i'm not even excited :|

amelia | icon: mel
Old 04-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

thanks for opening!
icon: wolfsbane
Old 04-02-2014, 05:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

I liked the episode. Hope that next weeks is good too. I liked the end part where they were all together having dinner and hanging out.

Starkid is the blood in my veins - Darren Criss
Old 04-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

This ep was so boring, except for the Samcedes bits and Artie.

I can't for the life of me figure out how anybody, especially Kurt, puts up with the whiniest teen I've ever seen on a FOX show. Like Blaine beats all the 90210/Party of Five kids by a mile. But I do like how the writers are inserting meta jokes on why a lot of the audience doesn't like him. Clingy, gets everything he wants, does things without considering Kurt's feelings, etc. It's kind of hilarious.

None of the musical numbers were that good. I'm not sure the move to NY made the show any better. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.

icon
Old 04-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I enjoyed the episode. I couldn't stand Blaine, though. I'm glad he's moving out of the loft.

I think once Santana gets back I am really going to like it.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

wait, is the move to NYC permanent? Is everyone from the high school cast out of a job?

Old 04-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

It wasnt a bad episode but wow did everything move really QUICKLY. 3 1/2 storylines were introduced and ended in record amount of time. Like if this wasnt already at the end of the season, I would expect some of if not all of this stuff to last several episodes.

Santanas presence was greatly missed but it was nice to have Mercedes around again, but that 2nd bedroom totally belongs to SANTANA not Sam! And yes Rachel does need Santana to put her in her place like yesterday. 99% of everything about Rachel was annoying.

Mercedes must have some serious dough to be living in that place.

I am not ready for this PSA episode next week that is going to make everything rainbows and lollipops by the end of the episode.

Adam seriously needs to be added to the cast though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkyfan (View Post)
wait, is the move to NYC permanent? Is everyone from the high school cast out of a job?
For the most part, I believe we are still suppose to visit the school time from time.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know.. I don;t see us seeing the school at all. I think if anything, the characters from McKinley will visit NYC now .
Old 04-06-2014, 11:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

They have said that we will see McKinley again and basically check in on former ND 2.0.

But wow these discussion threads are as sad as Glees ratings. What happened to the days of 10 page discussion and arguments?
Old 04-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Loyal Fan

The show has always been about building suspense for the next event.
Will they win regionals?
Will they win sectionals?
Will she have the baby?
Will she keep the baby?
Will they get together?
Will they break up?
Will they get married?
Will they come out?
Will they graduate?
Will they get into NYADA?
You can't get more formatted than season two:
Regionals
Sectionals
Nationals
Halloween
Christmas
Valentine's Day
Wedding
Funeral
Prom
19 relationship changes.
what happens now? Who cares?
There is no more buildup to anything in particular, nor do they have to do anything to gain ratings, find new viewers or finish story lines.
Why don't they just recreate 12 Broadway shows word for word with whichever cast members from each season fit the parts best? No one needs to worry about the characters anymore, just enjoy the talent.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5555 (View Post)
Why don't they just recreate 12 Broadway shows word for word with whichever cast members from each season fit the parts best? No one needs to worry about the characters anymore, just enjoy the talent.
RENT:

Mark- Artie
Roger- Sam
Mimi- Santana
Collins- Blaine
Angel- Kurt
Joanne-Mercedes
Maureen-Rachel
Benny- Adam Lambert
Old 06-12-2014, 03:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Camelot:
Will: King Arthur
Blaine: Lancelot
Quinn: Guinevere
Sam: Mordred
Burt: Merlin the Magician
Rachel: the witch who summons Merlin away
Figgins: the king who lost his kingdom
Mike, Kurt and Puck as the remaining three knights with vocals.