Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

City Of Angels (5x11) - Episode Discussion

City Of Angel
5x11 - episode discussion

--"GLEE" - (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

IT'S NOW OR NEVER FOR THE GLEE CLUB ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" TUESDAY, MARCH 11, ON FOX

Marlee Matlin ("Switched at Birth"), Jackée Harry ("Sister, Sister"), Skylar Astin ("Pitch Perfect") and YouTube Sensation Johanna Rohrback Guest-Star

The members of New Directions travel to sunny Los Angeles to compete in Nationals, and bring with them two very special guests in the all-new "City of Angels" episode of GLEE airing on Tuesday, March 11 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-511) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Kevin McHale as Artie; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman; Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose; Becca Tobin as Kitty Wilde; Alex Newell as Wade "Unique" Adams; Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn; and Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson.

Guest Cast: Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones; Mike O'Malley as Burt Hummel; Romy Rosemont as Carole Hudson-Hummel; NeNe Leakes as Coach Roz Washington; Skylar Astin as Jean-Baptiste; Marlee Matlin as Herself; Jackée Harry as Herself; Johanna Rohrback as Herself.

Based on previous heated debates, we (moderators) have decided to list some guidelines and rules that need to be followed on all episode discussions here.
1. Do not bash any of the cast members or writers. Discussion should be about characters. Substituting an actors name for a character when discussing the character is not okay. They're not the same person. Respectfully critiquing someone's performance or a writer's contribution is fine, however, bashing and being rude about them is not. Offensive nicknames for the writers and cast-members are also not to be used here. This is against Fan Forum policy and is an insult to real people.

2. Feel free to visit the general discussion threads or the previous episode discussion threads here to continue talking about episodes that have already aired.

3. Be respectful to each other, moderators, and to every fandom despite your personal beliefs. Previous episode discussions presented us with problems and we'd like to prevent this from happening. We encourage a good debate, but let's keep it respectful. Personal attacks are not needed, nor allowed here. Targeting another poster on who they support or why their argument is invalid is also unnecessary. Please refer back to Fan Forum's rules regarding this. No matter who you support or ship, we are all fans and people, too.

4. This is a Glee Appreciation board. And as such, it is great to critique, debate and interact respectfully with the fans. But we cannot emphasize enough that calling the show, its cast and crew, etc. 'racist', 'homophobic' or 'sexist' is extremely offensive and will not be tolerated. This board isn't the place for these remarks. Please take it off site or keep it to yourself.
Thank you, everyone!

Happy Hunger Games Glee Discussion!
Old 03-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you in a daydream...

I read somewhere that Brittany had a early admission to MIT in the previous season, but that does not mean she's a fully-entered student of MIT. Besides, they should shown a scene of her wearing a red cap, wearing a red gown and holding a high school scholar to prove she left McKinley High already.

We know that Heather Morris, who played Brittany, got pregnant and gave birth in the middle of this show's series, which is precariously in the wrong time. Now she has to look for a respectable babysitter to take care of her child, Elijah, while filming some Glee episodes in this season at the same time. She will appear in the 100th, but there could be a chance that she will also appear in both this episode and this upcoming graduation episode also.

Sugar and Joe will not appear in both this episode and the 100th episode, but actress Vanessa Lengies, who plays Sugar, appears in "Mixiology", but she has not finished appearing in Glee at the same time, according to Wikipedia. Vanessa's final glee appearance is the upcoming graduation episode and her Sugar character will graduate at the same time as Brittany, Tins, Artie, Blaine and Sam. That will prove that the sugar character will get proper elimination from this show and I really hope to see all six of them wearing red caps, wearing red gowns and holding high school scholars at the same time altogether.

Now this episode travels to Los Angeles but remember the rules in order to win the Nationals:

* No distractions
* No kissings
* No collapsings
* No drugs
* No alcohols
* No negativities

Well if the New Directions lose, then make sure they end up in third place rather than in second nor last.

Last edited by ireeagleman; 03-11-2014 at 02:09 PM Reason: additional phrase
Old 03-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread, bb.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 03-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for opening!
icon: wolfsbane
Old 03-12-2014, 02:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

With ND losing again, they really should have had ND win back in S2 instead of making them a 1 hit wonder.

Took this long to have Shue have Sam be "leader"? And 5 seasons and never got to see a Cheerios nationals, waste of good Unholy Trinity songs and epic dance numbers.

And even if the Cheerios lost, I doubt Sue would've gotten rid of them, they are the top money makers for McKinley.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
With ND losing again, they really should have had ND win back in S2 instead of making them a 1 hit wonder.

Took this long to have Shue have Sam be "leader"? And 5 seasons and never got to see a Cheerios nationals, waste of good Unholy Trinity songs and epic dance numbers.

And even if the Cheerios lost, I doubt Sue would've gotten rid of them, they are the top money makers for McKinley.
Not for long...

I can predict that Throat explosion may have cheated.

1.) their moves are like the warblers and both groups have drug-addicted moves, but throat explosion should have been tested for drugs ahead of time.

2.) they will get caught stealing Finn's pic.

3.) they were dependent too much on Jean-Baptist, their lead singer.

4.) the new directions were not too dependable on each other.

I might predict Sue will get expelled and jailed.

1.) she sent a bad gossip to Los Angeles about the New directions.

2.) she will be exposed about the gun setup situation.

The glee club might get disbanded, but not for long. It will be put out of public and in default change the name to replace new directions.

Don't get me wrong, people.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really liked this episode. I had a hard time watching the earlier episodes this season but since the end of the hiatus I've been liking each one more and more. The Finn flashback and seeing his parents again was touching.

And I know a lot of people love the New York section but to be honest I didn't miss it with this episode. It was nice (so nice) to have focus for a change. I'm worried about next season, though, because I haven't gotten attached to the new characters so aside from the baby I'll have a hard time caring about anybody in Ohio.

Throat Explosion? Seriously that's their name? Also, everybody in their choir looked about 30 years old. Maybe *that's* why they'll end up being eliminated?

While it seems silly to get rid of New Directions just because they didn't win first place, the conversation between Sue and Will actually seemed semi-believable for a change. And having to cut groups isn't unheard of. That said, I don't see why this has to be such a strain to the school resources. Even if the choir room was repurposed the kids could meet after school in the auditorium and have fundraisers to pay for travel and costumes.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus
Old 03-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really didn't like Counting Stars
Old 03-13-2014, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like the episodes songs at least the ND nationals songs were good and all the Finn made me cry like a little girls since I had no idea about what was going on, everything got me.
I really liked the song they performed, it was different from the others and I like the voices, it was beautiful. More than a feeling and I still haven't found what I'm looking for are my fav of the ep.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And 5 seasons and never got to see a Cheerios nationals, waste of good Unholy Trinity songs and epic dance numbers.
Yeah, with the exception of the reference to Kurt singing that French medley in s1 during Sue's interview after their win, seriously a waste to never have the Cheerios do many numbers.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 03-14-2014, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

I was pleasantly surprised by this episode. I enjoyed the songs, key moments, and the powerful but understated tribute to Finn. I just wish they'd won. Unlike certain other Nationals/Sectionals/Regionals, the NDs deserved to win. They were a lot more heartfelt and musically on point than their competitors.

Loved the little Artina moments in L.A. It was almost like they were dating and Kitty got pushed to the side.

Seeing Mercedes was a treat, and I liked her talk with Marley. Will looked like he could care less that Mercedes was there. If that had been Rachel, he would've been psyched. What's up with that?

Great to see two wonderful actors, Burt and Carole, again. So bittersweet.

icon
Old 03-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Great to see two wonderful actors, Burt and Carole, again. So bittersweet.
definitely I missed them
Old 03-17-2014, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved the episode

Mr. Roboto/ Counting Stars was my fav especially with the dancing

that being said...I enjoyed Jessica Sanchez from American Idol and Wings/ Clarity more last season