Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2023, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

8 TV Shows That Prove the 90s Were the Golden Age of Teen Dramas
Teen dramas have been a staple of American television for decades, but they were never quite as varied and realistic as those of the 1990s.
My So-Called Life
For everything, it did right, one glaring issue with 90210 is that the vast majority of the characters are popular. So, if you failed to find yourself in the series, just flip over to My So-Called Life. Although it only ran for one season, Life had an indelible impact on those who watched it. This was accomplished in a similar way to Degrassi — teenage life was depicted honestly, without a glossy, aspirational sheen. The characters are riddled with doubt, doing their best to make it through high school without getting into too much trouble or letting anyone else know how unsatisfied they are with their lives and revealing that they have no idea who they are inside and who they're supposed to be. Although both Claire Danes and Jared Leto went on to have huge careers when the show ended, there are plenty of people who still think of them as Angela and Jordan.
Here's the link, https://movieweb.com/90s-teen-drama-...so-called-life
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Still have not seen it but heard good things about it

Definitely seems underrated
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 12:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

that was the best show
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

10 Great TV Shows That Are Only One Season, And That's Perfect
My So-Called Life (1994-1995)
My So-Called Life, starring a young Claire Danes, is a timeless portrait of teenage life. The drama series tells the story of 15-year-old Angela Chase as she navigates high school, deals with her changing relationships with her parents and friends, and experiences first love. The show's candid depiction of adolescence was a breath of fresh air during its time. Despite lasting only 19 episodes, it had a profound impact on television, proving that teen dramas could be intelligent, nuanced, and emotionally resonant. Plus, it's one of the first shows to depict a gay teenager with complexity and respect.
Here's the link, https://startefacts.com/news/10-grea...sAzZPIu7l1nbto
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 08-27-2023, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

17 Great '90s Shows That Ended Way Too Soon
My So-Called Life (1994)
My So-Called Life just might be the most notorious of all the shows on this list. It won awards, it was praised by critics, and it generated a solid cult following as it followed the high school life of Angela Chase (Claire Danes). The fans weren't enough to keep it from being canceled by ABC after just one season. There was even an online petition to save it, which was reportedly the first of its kind, but it still got the axe and thirty years later, we’re all still a little bitter.
Here's the link, https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...KNsL-5WESmIp8A
Old 12-23-2023, 05:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Ed Zwick Remembers Making Of ‘My So-Called Life’: “I Vowed To Portray Real Adolescence”
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread