Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2022, 05:41 PM
it's you and me forever

finally watching the reunion that came out last year for the first time rn
Old 05-23-2022, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hope it was great!
~My top ships: Brennan/Booth, Shamy, Penny/Leonard, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Valerie/David, Kelly/Dylan, Monica/Chandler, Ross/Rachel, Angela/Hodgins, Piper/Leo, Jessica/James~Hanna/Caleb, Michael/Ash ~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Icon by me ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 10:31 PM
it's you and me forever

did you ever see it?

yeah it’s fun

I would not have guessed David Beckham was a fan wow

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 05-23-2022 at 11:03 PM
atwoodsmariano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry no. I would have to book a Sky Ticket for this. We don`t have HBO Max here as you know. In my country Warner has a contract with Sky so yeah that´s the place to watch the reunion (also the one from Harry Potter).
~My top ships: Brennan/Booth, Shamy, Penny/Leonard, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Valerie/David, Kelly/Dylan, Monica/Chandler, Ross/Rachel, Angela/Hodgins, Piper/Leo, Jessica/James~Hanna/Caleb, Michael/Ash ~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Icon by me ~
Old 05-28-2022, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
finally watching the reunion that came out last year for the first time rn
The Reunion is so awesome!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Courteney Cox Says Friends Character Monica Geller Would Be 'So Proud' of Her Cleaning Line
Here's the link, https://people.com/style/courteney-c...FIUhrIqyblmTTo
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^
Old 06-26-2022, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jennifer Aniston Just Borrowed Monica Geller's Floral Midi Dress from 2004 and Looked Perfectly on Trend
Here's a link, https://people.com/fashion/jennifer-...-floral-dress/
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna
Old 06-28-2022, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thank you for sharing!
Old 06-29-2022, 12:20 AM
it's you and me forever

cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
The Reunion is so awesome!
it really was!
Old 06-29-2022, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

'Friends' lack of diversity 'embarrassed' its co-creator. So she made a $4-million decision
Here's the link, https://news.yahoo.com/friends-lack-...130042778.html
Old 07-03-2022, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
it really was!
Love It! They are all the best!
Old 07-04-2022, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Thanks for that link.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing that link.
Old 07-10-2022, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm so sick of that bull accusation. Friends had a "lack of diversity?" Marta Kauffman apologizing when she did nothing wrong?

1. Friends was no different than any other show that was on the air that time. Cheers, Frasier, Seinfeld, Mad About You, Wings, Just Shoot Me!, Will & Grace, 3rd Rock From The Sun, The Drew Carey Show, Home Improvement, Full House, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, How I Met Your Mother, etc. all had all white casts. Do you see Larry David or Jerry Seinfeld apologizing for their show?

2. Friends did have diversity. Chandler's boss in season 1 was black. Ross's girlfriend in season 2, Julie, was Chinese. Monica dated a guy in season 3 who was Hispanic, a waiter that worked at the diner she worked at. And of course, Ross' ex-wife, Carol, was a lesbian, and Carol and Susan were married in a lesbian wedding on the show, which was unheard of and groundbreaking for TV at the time. Who cares if the six main cast members were white? You cast according to chemistry and who fits the characters best, not diversity.

3. There were also plenty of shows that had all black casts. Living Single, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Family Matters, Martin, Moesha, Sister Sister, The Wayans Bros., The Jamie Foxx Show, and of course, The Cosby Show and A Different World. How can anyone complain about a lack of diversity on Friends when Living Single was on the air at the same time and featured an all-black cast of characters who lived in Brooklyn and were all "friends" who hung out together?

4. Unlike Living Single, Friends was not set in a "diverse" neighborhood like Brooklyn, or Washington Heights, or Harlem, or The Bronx. Friends was set in Greenwich Village, which is 80% white, and in the 1990s when Friends was on the air, it was closer to 90% white. Soho, Tribeca, Chelsea, the Upper West Side, and the Upper East Side are also neighborhoods in Manhattan that have majority white populations. So it's not gonna be unusual to see six white people who all hang out together as friends in the Village. In fact, in reality, the majority of the time, when you see a small, intimate group of friends numbering four to six - especially when two of them are related to each other as brother and sister - it's more often going to be a racially homogenous group rather than a mixed one because people tend to congregate with others were there is familiarity, similarity, and compatibility more so than differences.