Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2021, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode was good and sad. I was shocked that they killed off Emily. I always liked the scenes with her and Fornell or Gibbs. It's sad that she ended up relapsing but at the same time realistic. I agree with what other said that they could have waited a little instead of giving us three things in a row. Hopefully there won't be anything else!

Agreed about everything else that had been said as well. Especially regarding Palmer and Kasie. I especially loved it when she told Palmer that she understood how he was able to talk the guy off the ledge.

Quote:
I find it messed up that Emily's actress only found out through text when we did that Emily was killed off.
What?! Where did you see that? That is messed up!
Old 03-12-2021, 12:42 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's disgusting if that's how she found out about it Especially given she's still on the show & appeared this season. I'd accept it if Michelle Pierce found out about Breena that way but Juliette Angelo deserved better. Honestly though I don't really get the reasoning for killing off her character though. But guess that'll come with time...

Steph - supposedly Juliette posted something about it on Instagram. I can't find an account for her with posts though, so only know what news articles have said. (& I only saw them when I double checked how to spell her name just now )

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:35 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I can't find that instagram account either...

So for me, it's not certain that it was her who posted in the first place... And I would hope that she was asked before written out from the show after appearing in the show for the past 9 years
Old 03-12-2021, 03:03 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah there's no account with a blue tick so I don't know . Emily may have been a smaller character but as you said the actress has been playing her for a while so I'd hope she'd know before it aired. Was she actually in the episode? I know she's not listed as being in it. If she was in it then we'd know she knew. But if they had any thoughts about what they were planning a few months ago when she was in an episode they should've told her then imo

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-12-2021, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Yeah there's no account with a blue tick so I don't know . Emily may have been a smaller character but as you said the actress has been playing her for a while so I'd hope she'd know before it aired. Was she actually in the episode? I know she's not listed as being in it. If she was in it then we'd know she knew. But if they had any thoughts about what they were planning a few months ago when she was in an episode they should've told her then imo
No. They just showed a few past scenes in the end when Vance was reading the poem. They did the hospital scenes between just Gibbs and Fornell, the doctors.

It was strange. As was said. We had seen her this season. It was not like Breena where we have not seen her since Victoria's birth.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I don't know

Maybe she knew about their decision, or it was a mutual decision, since the actress doesn't seem to have an official ig account

Though if they wanted to write her out, her dying in covid instead of overdose would have made more sense with her just coming out of rehab...
Old 03-12-2021, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Technically in today's timeline. It's a year later. So she would have had about eighteen months of sobriety. Since the drug investigation was in mid-2020, before they jumped to covid.

I guess with having just written off Brenna and even though they did not name the cause of the death. Off screen they said it was co-vid.

Having two deaths. Although one could think maybe Emily's immune system could be compromised by her drug use. Making her possible...

It made no sense that we did not get any forewarning that Emily was slipping...

Although anyone who is an addict. Any kind of pressure might mean they could slip. And a worldwide pandemic. Or the prospect of her father moving away?

They said she used a friend's family member's pills...
Old 03-12-2021, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I don't know... Fornell only tends to appear when something is wrong... So why would Gibbs talk about Fornell & Emily to any of them...

Maybe all Emily wanted was just to take the edge off her anxiety about the future... Or she could possible had covid somewhere during the year, and simply had a weaker immune system...

... It was kind of clear that she's not going to make it when Fornell started talking about feeling Diane's spirit, when he found Emily...
Old 03-12-2021, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well as a long long time fan of the show . They love killing off characters.
I agree this was so fast after Jackie (Maria) contract was up . Jimmy’s wife wasn’t a big deal so she appeared in 6 episodes. This one had no build up .
Old 03-13-2021, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Unless it's supposed to be the start of something. Which Jackie's death was... But we are just coming off the drug investigation. There was no warning Emily had slipped or I guess it could be how McGee explained it.

One slip cost her big time because she had a long period of sobriety. Her system could not handle it.

Or the kind of drugs/pulls she had consumed made it easier...

I agree, NCIS loves to kill people off. Same with Grey's Anatomy...

But usually there is a purpose to it.
Old 03-13-2021, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Emily's death is up there with the way Diane got killed off when she & Fornell were finally fixing things...

That's mean about comparing NCIS to Grey's, but unfortunately you have a point there... Both shows love to kill off characters, sometimes with no reason at all
Old 03-13-2021, 03:59 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't know. I feel like NCIS has reasoning for most of theirs Some of it is purely for shock value, & you could argue are unnecessary, but they still have a reason for it. It generally continues someone's story or the story of the show on. The issue with Emily is that they worked so hard to show she was clean, & appeared to wrap that story up, only to bring it back. But I guess that also shows that not everyone makes it. That one small slip up can cost you your life still.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-13-2021, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed. Usually NCIS has a reason for the death. Majority of the deaths have a reason for them. They are in the midst of a storyline. Or starting it off, like Jackie and Diane's deaths. Even Dorneget's or Quaim's deaths. They also usually do it for shock value, at least to start it of course.

Of course NCIS does not warrant major scrutiney for spoilers. So, they usually can pass by a death and get major shock value for it.

They know how to shock. Maybe we'll figure out why they did it. So suddenly.

Using a old staple. If you do not see the body, are they really dead? LOL

But in the case, there is no reason to fake the death.

I really like Emily. I would have loved to see her following in her father's or uncle's footsteps. So senseless.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I thought the same...

However they don't have any reason to fake her death, since as far as we know they got the head of the cartel...

... Though with the way Fornell was acting when he wanted to announce moving to Costa Rica, I thought that he wanted to talk about the cartel...

Who knows With NCIS anything could happen, but based on the end scenes, I'm pretty certain that she truly died...

... Maybe her death will make more sense with next week's episode
Old 03-13-2021, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by florerr (View Post)
I thought the same...

However they don't have any reason to fake her death, since as far as we know they got the head of the cartel...

... Though with the way Fornell was acting when he wanted to announce moving to Costa Rica, I thought that he wanted to talk about the cartel...

Who knows With NCIS anything could happen, but based on the end scenes, I'm pretty certain that she truly died...

... Maybe her death will make more sense with next week's episode
The only other time we did not see the body was Ziva...
And look where that got us, LOL.
All the other deaths had a dead body.

Yeah, no reason to think they would fake her death unless it has something to do with the cartel. And who her father is...

But given it's a pandemic. They probably thought they could limit the shooting...

And the end scenes did make it as if she's dead.

So yeah maybe we know more by the end of the season.
Reply   Post New Thread