Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2021, 03:28 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Good place for your mind to be Mine might join yours

It just was odd. I don't get why they did it at all

Gibbs could've spiraled without it. Covid did a lot of things to a lot of different people

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

True, although I think it was a lot of factors. Sloane. Covid, and then Emily. Then the dog case. He was just done. Although I cannot help think it was way of lessening his scenes in the wake of covid. With Mark's age. He had to be upfront for the first half, but then they lessened. The contract was coming up, but they could have him off in his pod and why we did not have much interaction among the characters. Any other season, there would have been a hell of a lot more scenes.

They came up with a storyline. But who knows, there is a lot of mystery and it might not be fully played out because of the less episodes.

Time will tell.

The Emily shocker did not make sense given it was so soon after the drug storyline. And with no warning.

Maybe one day we will get a explanation.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!

Last edited by Jasper1975; 06-07-2021 at 04:54 PM
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It was many factors, and maybe it will make sense in s19...

Good point about Mark & Covid, it makes sense...

Chelle
Old 06-07-2021, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He's over 65. I do not know how old Rocky (Vance) but Vance is always come and go in the later seasons. So, by his very nature, does not have a lot of scenes. But with Mark and David (Ducky). You saw it in Ducky. They needed him for the 400th episode. But other than that he was little cameo here, and there...

I know there was a concern when the new season went into production for those shows with older actors.

Since the first half of the season was pre-covid. And even then some episodes. He was off with Fornell, investigating.

Just a gut feeling. So they came up with a storyline that had Gibbs off in his own. And we only saw a few scenes with the other characters. When other seasons. They would be seeking out Gibbs much more. Even if he was suspended.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:41 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't think covid makes sense since this storyline was at the end of the season . If it was at the beginning maybe but I don't find that they seemed to be doing a lot of precautions for him. Maybe they did with him off with Fornell a bit but I didn't feel like that was the case. Then why continue doing it at the end of the season? Sure covid is still an issue over there but at least in the US you can get the vaccine too. To continue to write Gibbs out to protect Mark seems a bit much. I think it more had to do with the fact that Mark may not want to return to the show how he was before. Then covid does not explain why they decided to kill off Emily. I have no issue with Gibbs spiraling but they didn't need to kill her off to give him a reason to. He could've spiraled simply because of Brena - that actually could have worked nicely as that's someone else's wife dying for no good reason just like his own did.

Rocky does other things which is why he doesn't appear in as many episodes. His contract is for reduced episodes as far as I know.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-08-2021, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

My major issue with both storylines - Gibbs leaving NCIS for a while, or for good & Ellie taking up Odette's offer - is that it felt rushed...

They clearly had a direction in mind for both characters, but the end results is somewhat lacking... Mostly because of Covid, and also because they wanted to stick to their plan - and Emily not renewing her contract didn't really help either...
Old 06-09-2021, 03:55 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Gibbs I don't know. I guess it came out of nowhere. It could've been nice to see him spiraling not just jump. But I think it works. Bishop doesn't make sense at all. It all came out of nowhere in one episode. Sure there were signs she was working with Odette but the rest? It all was weird. It could simply be they had a plan with Bishop but then Emily didn't want to stay on so they had to change their plans in a rush. Or they didn't have enough episodes to tell all the stories they wanted. Or both. I don't know. But her storyline was too rushed & leaves questions

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-09-2021, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. The Gibbs plot twist came out of nowhere. But in a whole line of big twists, departures (Sloane), deaths (Breena and Emily). But then came a report that renewal was coming up to the wire and whether Mark truly wanted to stay on. But if he did, with lessen scenes because he did not want to put everyone out of work. Given he knew 16 episodes was a lot shorter than the usual of 22 or 25 episodes they have been doing.

There was no story backing the Emily and Gibbs twist because they were just coming off the drug storyline. And they moved to post co-vid times.

Bishop one is lacking sure. But it had all the earmarks of starting off the last arc of the season if the season had more episodes.

Or something more to get into come the fall. If she was available you know whatever undercover mission would come into peril, and it would raise NCIS eye. Emily not renewing her contract put whatever the plan was in peril. But then who knows it might not be the end of the story.

Although the whole backstory of setting Bishop as a "disgraced" agent came out of nowhere. And was not in line with what we knew of her when she joined the agency.

Unfortunately this season is marred because of lack of episodes. And not having time. And whatever was going behind the scenes.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

All good points.

If s17 wouldn't have been shortened, the episode "Sturgeon season" would have been the season finale - or at least the part where McGee gets shot by Gibbs would have been the last scene of s17.

Then even with a shortened s18, for sure, we would have had more time to build up & explain everything.

Bishop leaking that information during her NSA years would have only been believable, if they would mention it in relation to Parsa.

Since according to s11 Parsa had a big effect on Ellie's mental health, he could have corrupted her judgement too.

But it's better, I guess, that it was something Odette "made up"...
Old 06-09-2021, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it was obvious that if last season could have been extended, they would have done the drug storyline at the end of the season. And if they had planned that twist for Emily. It might have been such a farfetched given we had just seen, and she seemed to be in a good spot. And without anything to say what might have happened.
Old 06-10-2021, 02:09 AM
Graphics Team Manager

See that's what I didn't understand - was what Bishop leaked a real thing or did Odette fake it all? I got the impression Odette just left the file so Bishop would get in trouble
Quote:
Bishop leaking that information during her NSA years would have only been believable, if they would mention it in relation to Parsa.
This I completely agree with

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-11-2021, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

They have never made it clear, whether it was Odette, who did it or Bishop was also aware of it...

But I kind of had the sensation that at first she wasn't aware of the "evidence", and tried to defend herself with Vance/NSA... And at some point during the episode - offscreen - she got a message from Odette about these papers...

... I wonder if next season, they're just going to ignore Bishop leaving out of the blue - as if she had never existed - or we will see the team dealing with another loss per se...
Old 06-14-2021, 12:10 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I didn't get that impression but I guess that could be the case

Hopefully they don't just ignore it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-14-2021, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It just felt vehemently how strongly she was defending herself, and stopped altogether once she made up her mind (& possible speak with Odette...)

I guess we'll have some answers in September - hopefully...
Old 08-27-2021, 04:53 PM
Graphics Team Manager

These are meant to be the special features on the DVD for this season:
Quote:
Until We Meet Again 400: A League Of Its Own
Season 18: A Year to Remember
Grab Your Gear And Wash Your Hands
Video Commentary
Not clear if they're saying anything about departures . Doesn't look like there is a set one for them

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread