Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2020, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Quite a few great episodes!

Are you planning to watch the season finale today too?
Old 05-11-2020, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes finishing up cause it's only 5PM

Oh wow the hitman was paid by the funds of the secret funds

Clarke was killed

learn its a council and Secretary of defense asking for help in this off shore account under his name

Last edited by crash landing; 05-11-2020 at 02:21 PM
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It's only going to get better...
Old 05-11-2020, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's looking

Good to see as of right now Secretary of Defence is innocent and it was that council of Judges

Totally thinking it's the wife related to 16x23 wife was an imposter so guess was right in a sense

My gosh those were some heavy episodes to finish the season off with Gibbs's unwinding for 16x23 and than BOOM hit me in the chest with the Emily for the final My poor beloved Tobias but glad its all worked out especially Emily admitting she needs help

Last edited by crash landing; 05-11-2020 at 07:12 PM
Old 05-12-2020, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, the s16 had an amazing built up!

Gibbs finally talking about his past with the team, and with Grace too

... And let's forget the fact that McGee never put two & two together...
Old 05-12-2020, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ah yes that
Old 05-13-2020, 01:41 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Seriously some amazing episodes & subjects touched upon towards the end of the season

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 10:48 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I stumbled across an article which agrees with me...

Quote:
The NCIS Plot Hole From Season 16 That Fans Can't Get Over

One plot hole that has bothered fans in recent months is one regarding the darkest thing Leroy Jethro Gibbs has ever done: killing the man who murdered his wife and daughter while he was serving in the military. This is a point that has lent a note of depth to the character played by Mark Harmon, who is normally such a stickler for rules, and it could still prove to be his downfall in the series. The storyline is an important point of character development for Gibbs, and has been touched on in multiple seasons. In Season 3, the existence of his former wife and child was revealed, with the final two-part episode, "Hiatus," showing killer Pedro Hernandez in flashbacks. In the later episodes of Season 7, Abby (Pauley Perrette) finds out about Gibbs' past.

However, in Season 16's "...and Executioner," the current members of Gibbs' crew finally find out, and herein lies the purported plot hole, as pointed out by "NCIS" fans on Reddit. They're clearly not able to get past this one -> McGee was surprised by Gibbs' revelation, but he should not have been.

In the final episode of Season 16, Gibbs finally finds it necessary to tell Nick Torres (Wilmer Valderrama), Tim McGee (Sean Murray) and Ellie Bishop (Emily Wickersham) about the killing he committed after they confront him about his recent unusual behavior. "I killed the man who killed by family," he tells them. When McGee learns the news, he acts as shocked as everyone else, but that fact doesn't track, according to fans. After all, McGee joined NCIS in Season 1 and was around for several previous revelations and the incident in Season 7 which Gibbs was kidnapped by someone working for Paloma Reynosa, Hernandez's daughter and head of the Reynosa cartel. u/Napoleon1633, in pointing out the plot hole, noted, "Maybe this is the first time McGee has heard Gibbs say it himself but it's definitely not the first time he's had to confront the issue."

Other fans had also noticed. "Yea I just watched this a few weeks ago and it really f'ed with me because I could have sworn McGee new about Pedro, because it came up so much," said u/weebo_lord. The original poster also pointed out that by the time Season 16 rolls around, Gibbs' revenge is pretty much an open secret, and there's no way McGee doesn't have that information by now. However, as u/devilintheeden said, "It's not the first time that writers forgot things."

That's not the only plausible explanation. Others on the thread noted that McGee's shock could have come from hearing Gibbs admit it for the first time aloud. u/The5Virtues said, "I always took that to be McGee acting like it was news to him for the sake of plausible deniability. The more he admits to knowing about Gibbs' vigilante activity the more problematic it is for his own career and freedom," while u/Sharp_Reputation said that hearing the words might have been a "gut punch."

There's always the other possibility, as proposed by others: McGee could have lied, even though supposedly he's not very good at that.

Source
Now obviously that article is just someone really bored who's stumbled across a thread on Reddit & decided to make a story about it. But I did find it an interesting read to see other fan theories about why McGee didn't know/acted surprised by the news. I like the idea that McGee suspected the truth but never knew for sure or expected Gibbs to actually admit to it so was then shocked when Gibbs did. But I'm still convinced that there's no way that McGee didn't at least suspect that Gibbs was responsible for Pedro Hernandez's death. Maybe he knew but didn't want to admit the truth to himself as it destroyed the ideas in his head about Gibbs & what is right... I like that idea too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-08-2021, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with that as well. I also find it hard to believe that McGee didn't know or have some idea. I will say, i never thought of the part that maybe he didn't want to admit it to himself and it was a shock for him hearing it out loud.
Old 08-09-2021, 12:39 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I didn't think of that before either. It is an interesting thought to consider it that way. Makes sense for his character I think

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-10-2021, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think so
Old 08-11-2021, 01:25 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'd rather think that than to think he was ignorant & just followed along without questioning things that were happening in earlier seasons

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-12-2021, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Same here. And I know I have said it before, but I could have swore he knew about this from in the earlier seasons. If not I find it hard to believe he didn't know something happened.
Old 08-13-2021, 01:05 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Exactly! It felt like a mistake to me. It seems very unlikely that he didn't know. Everyone else knew or presumed it. Then with the children coming after Gibbs seems odd that McGee wouldn't have questioned or figured out what that was about...

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-13-2021, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup!! I know it's hard to keep things straight after a ton of seasons but something like that they could have done a little better
Reply   Post New Thread