Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2021, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It wouldn't be so bad, but it was the same conversation!

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 07:04 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Being in the one conversation it really seems odd that no one picked up on it. Could've been a last minute change though
Chelle » join GTmy artL&O » HFAC
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You'd think they would have noticed while filming.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-27-2021, 12:50 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes very strange
Old 01-29-2021, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Fringe

Cringeworthy episode title to be honest

I wish more TV shows would ignore corona all together
Old 02-01-2021, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They haven't ignored it, they've jumped forward to after it. Anna has literally mentioned it...

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-01-2021, 05:39 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think Mark meant he'd rather shows didn't address covid at all, which none of the NCIS's are doing. LA's dancing around it, as well as using episode titles on things which are relevant to the current times. The episode title however didn't make sense at all so was unnecessary.

I'm of two minds when it comes to covid. Its nice to see shows addressing it & the different takes on it. Also for me its a little bit of exposure/eye opening since covid wasn't that bad here so I'm not necessarily watching something I'm living. However it is also nice to have the escape so to have more shows not incorporating covid is good, especially in places where it is really bad so you need the escape.

However when it comes to LA it dances in between as it addresses covid but claims to be past it. But then is working within clear covid restrictions it seems when you watch. So you can't fully escape from covid with LA, but at least its not as in your face as NOLA is & I presume NCIS will become.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think there's a real way around acknowledging it, at least, because it enables them to make the workplace more covid-safe. Imo, US shows are already taking unnecessary risks with filming as it is.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-01-2021, 06:32 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm not sure what you mean? Shows can tell whatever storyline they want, they don't have to include covid. They do however need to keep covid-safe which LA seems to be doing very well on. My comment simply was that the filming in some of the episodes for LA makes it quite obvious that they have bubbles, it wasn't meant in a negative way. It was just stating a fact - LA is the most obvious when it comes to covid-safe filming.

As for US-shows taking unnecessary risks I completely agree.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If they acknowledge covid, they can keep actors socially distanced on screen easily. If they don't, it's extremely difficult to do that, making the work environment less safe.

It's ridiculous. As much as I've been loving some of the scenes we've been getting lately, all of them could have waited.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-01-2021, 06:42 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Maybe but LA claims to be after covid but still seems to be keeping the actors socially distanced . I think it all depends on the show. Some shows can't acknowledge covid, or choose to exist in a world which it doesn't exist. But that doesn't mean they're not putting in covid-safe measures still. It just means people can't walk around wearing masks while filming. But even shows which have covid don't have the actors always in masks - even at times when they possibly should.

I don't know. They could've waited but for how long? Unfortunately the entertainment industry couldn't just be put on hold indefinitely. I wish they could but the actors & crew need work. Channels need content to air (although there is a large supply of reruns which could be aired in its place). As soon as one place can bring back new episodes of something the pressure is put on other places to do the same.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's unsafe not to have them socially distanced right now, and it seems most US shows aren't bothering with it, which is concerning considering how high the cases are there. Masks aren't as necessary when they're socially distanced.

I don't mean put the shows on hold, just certain scenes. Take Chicago PD, for example, they've just had a slow burn couple get together. It's been years already, one more wouldn't have made much of a difference. And when it comes to LA, they had Callen and Anna hugging and kissing. Why? It wasn't necessary.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-01-2021, 07:28 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I completely agree that there are unnecessary risks. Unfortunately shows want to tell certain stories, & put some level of normality to things which aren't necessary. Fans for the most part would understand. We'd understand for the most part if they'd delayed the shows longer too tbh.

why put that couple together now? I agree with you on that one. Although NCIS may do the same with Nick & Ellie when really they could hold off longer too . We'll just have to wait & see on that one...
Its a shame shows don't realise that they can have couples together without showing them together. Kissing can be avoided. A hug isn't necessary but could be less dangerous or can have more precautions in place (E.G. have them wearing masks). I guess in trying to show normality they're showing how couples are allowed to kiss & hug still? (Or at least they are here & I presume other countries) But realistically are couples doing that? Some maybe, others would be less or not at all (probably more if one is a higher risk). In LA's case with Callen & Anna they were probably trying to show they were back to normal, but we know they love each other so as the viewer we don't actually need to see them kiss or hug to prove that. You can also imply things happened without seeing them.

Quote:
Masks aren't as necessary when they're socially distanced.
Unfortunately some shows have characters removing masks when they're close to another character simply to have a conversation. It makes it easier to understand them but for safety they should've kept their masks on. If the audio is hard to understand surely they could do a voice over work to make it clearer? May cost them more but safety should be the priority there. Or don't have characters standing so close together.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's especially silly when the couple in question wasn't already together. It can wait. I know with One Chicago they've said they won't make the actors do anything they're not comfortable, but why even ask when they could wait? Sure, they're being tested every day, but it's still a risk. Tests can give false negatives for people that have just been exposed.

I know in the UK they've been including kissing/hugging when they can bring in an actor's real life partner to stand in, but if that's not possible it would be better to wait, and when it comes to established couples, imply.

With Callen and Anna, we didn't need to see it, they could have panned out leaving the impression that they were about to hug/kiss without actually seeing it. I get that fans want to see these things, but the safety of the cast and crew should always come first.

One Chicago have been inconsistent with masks. It's frustrating seeing them put them on sometimes and not bother other times

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-02-2021, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

That Callen & Anna kiss was a minor thing compared to other shows imo...

... At least LA is consistent with keeping up with the covid restrictions, regardless of "being in a post-covid environment"... Wearing & not wearing mask, and trying to save money on recording voice over with taking off/moving away the mask when in close proximity sounds foolish too...