Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 01:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megz1989 (View Post)
I wasn't really saying the episode had to be PERFECT... It was just a bit off and it just did not feel right the way they all set it out...
I understand it was a Gibbs Centric episode and that's totally fine cause I love all the characters, Minus Kate could never stand her at all, but some parts just felt rather off and I couldn't get into it but i sat through the download anyway!
I didn't say you were, my comment wasn't directed at you either, I was just spouting out my feelings about how I wasn't impressed by the episode the first time around until I really started to think about it and it actually was more poignant to me than I thought it was and I really appreciated the way they went about it.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
BryceLarkinFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Passionate Fan

I don't think I could actually sit through the episode again.. It might make me hate it even more lol.....

But did you happen to notice they edited kate in? She was wearing the same clothes as she wore in SWAK!!
That didn't impress me

I'm Megan!
Megz1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:57 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megz1989 (View Post)
I don't think I could actually sit through the episode again.. It might make me hate it even more lol.....

But did you happen to notice they edited kate in? She was wearing the same clothes as she wore in SWAK!!
That didn't impress me
I enjoyed it, but this is one of those episodes where it's either you hate it or you enjoyed it, it's a style thing with how they went about doing the episode - more of an very philosophical and introspective thing - so not everyone is gonna like it with how they do it.

As for the Kate scenes - yeah they looked like it, possibly from a deleted or extra footage, but I didn't really mind considering they probably couldn't get some of the actors back so they had to make due with what they had so I get it. Having done those kind of editing and splicing things for college film projects, I do understand they must have had a lot of difficulties trying to film around that.

The only thing that was bugging me the whole time was where the heck is Pacci! They had his name on the guest credit list so I've been looking for that guy the whole episode and still didn't see him! This is gonna bother until I do find where he appeared in this episode!

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 02-08-2012, 02:56 AM
Passionate Fan

By the way, I didn't hate it but i didn't Generally love it either it was okay.. Not the greatest but it was just ok...

YES i noticed that to and i never saw him in the episode.. So must have been a mistake on their part.

I'm Megan!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

I liked this episode not the best episode but it was nice I liked that they showed Kate in it .. But u can tell that it was from an old episode .. Btw what sex was Kate and Tonys baby boy or girl?
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:27 AM
Passionate Fan

It was a boy! i think

I'm Megan!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

The baby was a girl they named it Kelly!

For a 200th episode I fond this a pretty bad one!

Specially the Kate/Tony parts ridiculous!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Ohhh i thought they said it was a boy... and to name her KELLY is just ridiculous!

I'm Megan!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

I too found the episode bizarre and difficult to sit through. I didn't have high expectations because I'm usually not a fan of Gibbs centered episodes. I felt we've already discussed many of the points that were thrown at us in this episode.

Like many have said, the episode felt a bit disjointed and all over the place. I didn't like how they kept throwing at us, what if this didnt happen, what if this didnt happen. They should have stuck to one thing for example, if gibbs never became the man he was, how everything would be different. Instead of jumping back and forth to different scenarios.

Speaking of the scenarios, some of them were pretty ridiculous. I know they did the whole Tony married to Kate with a baby to get a lil laugh in there, but I felt I was watching a Twilight Zone episode. Some people actually thought Kate was in the episode, but it is clear that old footage was used to feature her in the episode. Same with Jenny's appearance. And their excuse as to why she wasn't in the diner is cus shes "alive".. well so is Tobais and Vance, so that didn't make sense.

Ya the scenarios were funny, but I can't imagine Tony ever hooking up with Kate. They always had a brother sister relationship, nothing more. And we were left to presume that Abby and McGee were together. I was sad we didnt get enough Ziva, didn't showcase her old self at all.

And since when does Gibbs go to a diner like that? he drinks starbucks!

Because the episode was so heavy on Gibbs in the diner, I didn't really pay attention to the case, which wasn't anything special.

Overall the episode was mediocre. Like I said, I didn't have any expectations coming into the episode. I had a feeling it wouldn't be my favorite ep.

Ps We finally got to see Vance, I was starting to think this guys no longer in the show. To top it off, they had him playing chess with Ari... wth...

"Have you ever lied to someone you loved...yes...Did they ever forgive you?...They never found out..."- Tiva
charlize_angel4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry, double posted somehow!

"Have you ever lied to someone you loved...yes...Did they ever forgive you?...They never found out..."- Tiva
charlize_angel4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

I am a Tony/Kate fan and could never stand Ziva especially with Tony so I found this great. Overall, it was a good episode, I haven't seen any NCIS in awhile because I was put of by things but I might started watching again after this great episode on Tuesday!
Mistified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

I liked the episode. It was all about subtle things.

Everyone has already gone over things that I liked and didn't like so I'm just going to highlight a few things here.

I loved meeting Gibbs' mom! I knew she would be a redhead. It's not at all unusual for a man to be attracted to a woman who looks like their mom... especially if the mother passed away when he was a child. I loved their conversations.

Shannon and Kelly there was wonderful. I loved how they pointed out to him that he would've been killed if they hadn't died. I always felt that would happen. Gibbs nearly broke me when he said that he wants both the team and his family and Shannon saying that it doesn't happen that way. :sob:

Loved having Franks there to be the main guide during Gibbs' journey.

I'm on the "I really liked the episode" boat.

Born and raised Navy brat
fourleafclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Absolute Fan

I think all three scene with Tony were different versions.

The first one he got a son with Kate
The second when he was married, he can be married to someone else.
The third it was a girl which Kate named Kelly, but Abby only said, Kate's baby not Kate and Tonys baby or Tonys baby.
Welcome to the world, CAB ~ Icon ~ Linda
*Willy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Absolute Fan

I feel like this episode is really what Gibbs as a character desperately needed.

For the last 9 years, he may have been living and doing his job and loving his team, but there's always been this huge cloud of guilt and doubt hanging over his head, what happened with Kate and with his family, he's never let it go even when he had his team and a good life. It's only been becoming more pronounced how his guilt have clouded his life, and Franks' death only spurred on this feeling. He may be alive but he's not living, he may be there with his team but he's still stuck and holding onto the past that he won't let go.

But with this episode, it's Gibbs' rebirth. It's a new chapter for Gibbs because he's finally letting go, he's finally stopped looking at the past and what he wished could happen and finally focusing on what he has now and looking to that future. He's been caught up in the past for so long and taking things for granted that he's never really seeing what he's got right in front of him, and this episode is a jolt to him to stop wallowing in his guilt and in the past and embrace what good has been given to him.

It's the first time in a long time since I have seen that fire back in Gibbs' eyes, those same eyes that for the last few seasons have been dulled by loss and lacked the passion, but now it's back and I really missed it. This is a new Gibbs now, a Gibbs who is not like anything he had been for the last 9 years we saw, this is a Gibbs who has finally let go and moved on. It's a new day.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT

Last edited by BryceLarkinFanForever; 02-08-2012 at 11:49 AM
Old 02-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Passionate Fan

I guess everyone has different views on how they saw the episode or how they thought what was going to happen and it turned out differently. Some people liked it some other's didn't.. There would be no point in arguing with the situation because it might either go around and around in circles or people are just going to get nasty towards each other which we don't want to happen....

Maybe... JUST maybe i should re watch it again and actually give it ago.. but on the other hand i don't want to waste my time again... Hmmm

I'm Megan!
Reply   Post New Thread