Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2022, 04:03 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS: Hawai'i - "Nurture" (1.19) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Apr 18th @ 10PM)

NCIS: Hawai'i 1.19 - "Nurture"
Original Airdate: April 18, 2022 @ 10PM

x

Episode Summary
The NCIS team investigates a shipwreck carrying exotic animals that now threaten the
native wildlife on Oahu. Also, Alex sustains a career-ending injury and Kai asks Melanie,
a fish and wildlife agent, out on a date.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread.

Still haven't watched anything since ep 14. Looks like they are showing some more of the agent's private life at the moment though.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 05:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

OK. My thoughts.

First of all, I think Kai and Marlene (is it Marlene) make an adorable couple.

Second I have a real issue, in general, with the relationship between Tenant and her ex. I'm very sorry if this offends anyone. I get wanting to make nice with the new family but that was over the top. Being so absolutely ok with your ex' wife having his baby is one thing. Gushing over it is an entirely different story. I don't mean be mean or nasty but it was so sugary it almost upset my blood sugar level.
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 08:41 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Somehow I don't think that was a chicken that got the guy

I can't imagine a parent just standing there when their child is hurt but I guess in that case they are better to stay back...

A ship crashes & has animals that may be dangerous loose & they tell no one? Seems foolish & that the fish & wildlife agency put the guy who died at risk & are responsible in a way

oh no, poor tiger shame it would have been killed anyway too

oh good, some people did know about the shipwreck, that makes me feel a bit differently then. His own fault being out there if he even knew there was likely to be a tiger out there

I feel for Daniel having one child in surgery & another being born. More important to be with the one being born in that moment though (or at least I presume that is what the alert on his phone was)

cute puppy the smuggler had, funny twist to have it run out. Nice how Kai agreed to look after Pepper (even if he then left the dog in a car)

seriously? figured it was coming but how can someone import a deer just to kill it... oh they wanted a host. Evil people...

aww Alex went to see his new sibling. Nice talk between him & Jane

Melanie & Kai are cute so it is nice he went after her & asked her out

Nice to have backstory but still Whistler seems horrible. She cheated before moving, then continued cheating after she did?

Good the surgery for Alex went well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Boop (View Post)
Second I have a real issue, in general, with the relationship between Tenant and her ex. I'm very sorry if this offends anyone. I get wanting to make nice with the new family but that was over the top. Being so absolutely ok with your ex' wife having his baby is one thing. Gushing over it is an entirely different story. I don't mean be mean or nasty but it was so sugary it almost upset my blood sugar level.
I didn't see what you mean here? She only had a quick scene as she handed over the baby to Alex. Is that when you mean?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no offense taken from me. I was just curious when in the episode you were referring to

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-23-2022, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think it was over the top. She was being friendly. Supportive. Obviously they have had tension in the past. Not like she and his wife are best friends. Tennant knows his kids now have a half sibling. That will always be part of their life. For the good of the family, Tennant was being supportive. Holding the baby for a few seconds is not the end of the world.

She's not going to be the child's god mother. Not everyone has to have a bad relationship with their ex. Tennant is being friendly.

I doubt Tennant will see the child all that much... Unless Alex and his sister graduate or get married in the future.

The kids will be different.

It was not the most exciting episode. But it was good. Obviously painful for Alex because he was so close to going off for his talent in baseball.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 05:06 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
For the good of the family, Tennant was being supportive. Holding the baby for a few seconds is not the end of the world.

Not everyone has to have a bad relationship with their ex.
Exactly. There's also no reason why she shouldn't be happy holding the baby. We know that they didn't work as a couple, & that they have their moments, but there's nothing to say that Jane & Daniel have a bad relationship. She can be supportive & happy for her ex, regardless of anything that happened to them in the past. People can have good relationships with their ex's too. Even if it is just for the benefit of their shared child. But all I saw in the scene was Jane being supportive of her son & introducing Alex to his new (half) brother. As well as supportive of her ex, in front of her son, so possibly for Alex's benefit.

That's why I wasn't sure if it was that scene or if I missed something

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-24-2022, 05:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

First, I apologize for a mass reply. I somehow couldn't find the reply button on individual posts.

I guess for me, having witnessed seriously ugly stuff, it colors my view of this. I just cannot see a post-relationship being THIS friendly...THIS cordial. As for THE scene, yes. I was brief. Again, I looked at it through red-colored glasses. Did I just make that up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
It was not the most exciting episode. But it was good. Obviously painful for Alex because he was so close to going off for his talent in baseball.
Ah. I found the reply button. It's very faint.

I was under the impression that after a few months of PT, Alex would be good as new. Didn't Jane say that or have I lost my mind?
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 05:39 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah the quote reply is the bottom right corner. Some board colouring has it stand out more than others. Glad you found it

That's understandable you'd struggle to see a good relationship. All of our experiences shape who we are & how we react to things. I was watching another show the other day & while I know what they were trying to do with the episode it just pissed me off because of my own experiences & feelings. It blinded me. So I know how it can be. I think you read further into it but in an understandable way. It is hard to see exs on good terms. It isn't the norm you see either. Personally I love seeing it. It is what parents should be doing at least for their children. They can hate each other & say & do whatever they want when their children aren't around but when you've got your children in front of you they should come first. But I'm an advocate for children so of course I'll come from that angle

Quote:
I was under the impression that after a few months of PT, Alex would be good as new. Didn't Jane say that or have I lost my mind?
Those months of PT may still delay his being able to go anywhere. It is possible that what he got accepted to now will be withdrawn. It is a setback, but as you said he should be able to recover & go back to it in a few months

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread