Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2021, 06:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by florerr (View Post)
The NCIS is not the best with the multiple crossover episodes...

But H50 & Magnum & NCIS: Hawai'i crossover would be pretty good
I know which is so sad but they could do it without the problem people they have a big cast
Old 09-14-2021, 01:11 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I can't imagine there ever will be a big one done, not when there are possibly issues between LA & NCIS. If NOLA was still around they could've done NOLA, NCIS, & Hawai'i
Old 09-14-2021, 11:08 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

A big multi-crossover might have been too big to pull off well but I think it could be cool to see something on a smaller scale. They are so far apart geographically as well so I assume that could make it more difficult too
KATE. | icon
Old 09-15-2021, 12:32 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah there is that too . CSI did it but not sure how spread out their locations were? But it would be hard getting all the shows on board, & figure out a way to make it work. Probably harder now with Hawaii being one of the locations.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:45 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Yes, I remember some CSI crossover events but I can't recall how they did them. Might be easier to have just one or two actors guest on the other show than to bring a bigger cast over especially if the shows aren't filmed in the same location. But I do hope they could figure something out with Hawaii for example, I think it could be very cool and fresh for the franchise
KATE. | icon
Old 09-15-2021, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

NCIS LA had a crossover episode with H5O back then, so I don't see the reason why their couldn't be one with the new show... Except for the different producers, I guess...

CSI only had only one or two actors appearing in the other franchise show(s) during the crossover episodes...
Old 09-16-2021, 01:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

You need the right storyline to make it work. I'm sure they'll make one for NCIS but probably not to include LA

Sounds like what FBI does for their crossovers. Cases move through the shows, but you only see one or two actually in the other shows.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:47 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Yeah it's for sure a lot easier to just "borrow" an actor or two for the guest spot in a crossover. I do like that shows do something like that once a while. It makes the universe feel more shared than just shows existing in the same timeline or something like that.
KATE. | icon
Old 09-16-2021, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Exactly, it's not only easier to manage to have "borrowed" actors, but it is also less mentally tiring to follow the plotline...

I wouldn't want the NCIS franchise to have any crossover episodes similar to the Arrow verse ones...

But something small would be wonderful...
Old 09-16-2021, 11:57 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think yearly is too much, then going as far as Arrowverse did is overkill. Just a one-off thing or guest appearance is enough of a treat for fans & to show that the shows aren't so distant.
Old 09-17-2021, 04:32 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Yeah it really is a fine line to manage a franchise or verse-shows. Like what is too much or too little in terms of the shows interacting? It is really a good point of the storylines being too difficult to follow if you're expected to know where several different shows are all at once.

It's a fun addition when it's a little bit here or there, a nice pop-up or surprise
KATE. | icon
Old 09-18-2021, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Small crossovers would be amazing between the shows, or between any NCIS & CBS show really...

I'm not picky... But I miss having crossover episodes...
Old 09-18-2021, 05:11 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
It is really a good point of the storylines being too difficult to follow if you're expected to know where several different shows are all at once.
That always bugged with Arrowverse. They were never standalone things, you needed to have some understanding of the other shows. Or things just went over your head. A good crossover shouldn't have that. But Arrowverse expected fans to watch all their shows & made a bug production out of their crossovers.

A good crossover to me should have minimal mention of the other storylines happening. Just interactions with the cast from the shows. Like how Abby & Tony (& Vance) appeared on LA in the past. They've done well before, so I have no doubt that they could do it again. NOLA from what I remember were also good, just had too much of it in those first episodes.

ETA: More hope of a possible NCIS/Hawaii crossover -

Quote:
TVLINE | Any germ of an idea yet for doing a crossover with NCIS: Hawai’i at some point, to bridge the two shows on Monday night?
Steven D. Binder: You know, I thought we left some good stuff on the table by not doing more of those in the past. I would love to do something like that, especially if I wrote it and got to fly to Hawaii while it was shot!
Old 09-19-2021, 07:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

i agree with the arrowverse crossover some of them were really good but i dont mind one or two characters going to another show to help out
Old 09-19-2021, 09:21 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Yeah it's difficult to keep up if you need to know everything about everything. Big set pieces are fun if you have all the info but that sadly usually means most get a little left out.

I hope they'll be able to sort something fun and interesting out at some point
KATE. | icon
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top